Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

I want it to be noted...

...for the record...

...my posts asking specific questions of the moderator have been deleted in an arbitrary and capricious manner and...

Further, that my audio related posts in "general audio"(that IMO were "general" in nature)have been moved to the new "holding pen" in a like manner...simply because certain sequences letters of the alphabet, indicative of certain audio related test procedures, appeared in them...

jimHJJ(...this is segregation and censorship at the lowest of levels...)

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    I agree that the science lab is the back of the AR bus. Only like-minded individuals will venture in thus suppressing any healthy debate in the other forums. Those with different views will stay away. Not long ago there was a series of articles on the sonic benifits/similiarities, if any, of different cables and speaker wire in TAS. These articles were discussed in the cables forum. Where would they be discussed today?

Well...

...you can always call or E-mail Mike La Rotonda about your disatisfaction...

at (650)212-8623...I did and plan a few follow-ups, maybe a nice certified letter...I like letters, I write real good...his e-mail address is mlarotonda@consumerreview.com

If that fails you can always try to contact the Swiss corporation which owns the whole consumer review site...they have a US office in Bethesda, MD and may be under jurisdiction of the Delaware banking laws...

It seems to my untrained eye, they are an organization who might be using information gleaned from the database this place provides specifially for marketing and providing advertising clients with that sort of info. Hah! and all along I thought this was a nice place to gather an shoot the breeze about hi-fi stuff...I'm a hamster in a lab...watch me spin my wheel...

jimHJJ(...watch me...)

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

maybe its the end of the tyrranical hounding here

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...for the record...

...my posts asking specific questions of the moderator have been deleted in an arbitrary and capricious manner and...

Further, that my audio related posts in "general audio"(that IMO were "general" in nature)have been moved to the new "holding pen" in a like manner...simply because certain sequences letters of the alphabet, indicative of certain audio related test procedures, appeared in them...

jimHJJ(...this is segregation and censorship at the lowest of levels...)
    perhaps now one can express that he hears a quality without being beaten into the ground about not performing a nearly impossible feat. you know, those THREE LETTERS that would require a bunch of unwilling participants?

jim,

i am not for censorship but neither am i for the badgering that some posters here at ar do routinely. if those badgers would behave, discipline wouldnt be necessary.
    ...regards...tr

Sorry Tommy...

...I think we're gonna have to just agree to disagree on this one...the message may have been repeated ad infinitum AND ad nauseum but, I can't really recall a put-a-gun-to-your-head, tyrannical posture exhibited...I think you know deep down inside, the messenger colored the message...anywho...

I know such testing is certainly impractical...I've never been a party to any...I buy stuff based on features, specs, etc. I listen generally. Save for speakers, I've yet to hear any really significant diff in gear...so all things being equal(IMHO) they are the deciding factors.

As previously stated, I know what live sounds like, I also know how live "translates" to recorded...I don't exist in a vacuum, but I'm no longer much of a "gear-head" and my "upgrade-itis" has been in remission for quite some time now...it's the music, not the medium...

jimHJJ(...just my take on things...)

Thread Information