Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

I felt the earth move under my feet...

Well, actually I didn't because I was on the ground floor getting my Starbucks fix, but apparently our building was swaying back and forth. EARTHQUAKE! Anyone feel it?

I hope everyone is okay.

We felt it here. We all stopped to look at each other while the room shook. We figured that it couldn't be a quake, but it was.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I was swaying and had not even been drinking yet. If it happened tonight I might not have noticed since my swaying might counter the swaying earth. Then I would think I was sober and have more.

Here in Central Ohio the Grado continued to track perfectly during the quake.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Charm Thai™
    Felt it here also

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well, actually I didn't because I was on the ground floor getting my Starbucks fix, but apparently our building was swaying back and forth. EARTHQUAKE! Anyone feel it?

I hope everyone is okay.
    Aren't you in SW Ontario? I didn't feel anything here in London.

I have felt EQs in Toronto in the past, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Aren't you in SW Ontario? I didn't feel anything here in London.

I have felt EQs in Toronto in the past, though.
    I live in Markham and work in Toronto Feanor. Our office is near 401 and Sheppard.

It make take some time, but we are strong and will make it happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

That d'm red X again!!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I live in Markham and work in Toronto Feanor. Our office is near 401 and Sheppard.
    I've been in four earthquakes that I know about. I felt only one: I was sitting at my desk on the third floor at the corner of Bloor & Church streets in Toronto, circa 1985. I felt a noticable vibration through the floor and wondered what the heck it was; I only discovered a couple of hours later that it was an EQ.

I was completely oblivious to another earthquake in Toronto in the late '90s, the one the other day, and one in -- of all places -- San Francisco in the late 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I've been in four earthquakes that I know about. I felt only one: I was sitting at my desk on the third floor at the corner of Bloor & Church streets in Toronto, circa 1985. I felt a noticable vibration through the floor and wondered what the heck it was; I only discovered a couple of hours later that it was an EQ.

I was completely oblivious to another earthquake in Toronto in the late '90s, the one the other day, and one in -- of all places -- San Francisco in the late 80's.
    The one the other day was my third but I've only felt one...the one in Quebec in June 2010. That's enough for me thank you very much. I'll be happy if I never feel another one.

I was thinking about you and PoppaChubby last night during all the Tornado warnings. I'm glad that none of the warnings came to fruition.

Welp...

That was my second quake, both in upstate New York. I noticed this one easily as I work on the 8th of 20 floors in an office building. I knew something was up when my ass started moving without permission. I laughed out loud and was just reelin' wit' da feelin' till the big jolt midway through started rattling the shades, then I got serious. It was a funny thing though watching the different reactions.. Women and post 911ers began running for the door and I do mean running!!! I laughed at that as there seemed to be no noticible falling pieces off of any of the buildings. However they weren't the only ones running, 3 minutes after the quake the State of New York ordered a general evacuation of the entire complex.

So.. within minutes there we all were standing in the afternoon sun, smoking and joking. Some like me realized that we were only marginally safer where we were surround by 4 twenty story buildings and one 40 story structure. If they'd fell we'd a still been just as daid as if we'd stayed at our desks. Still no harm, no foul and we all have stories to tell.

Worf
    Last edited by Worf101; 08-26-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Copying for another post.

Thread Information