Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

warning to paypal account holders

Many members of this site purchase from eBay and probably have paypal accounts so I thought I would post this info. Scam emails are being sent to paypal users with various messages such as new email addresses being added to your account. You are then instructed to go to a link if you did not authorize the new address listed in the email. The link takes you to a "fake" paypal site and requests personal account info for paypal's new security measures at login. You can go directly to the paypal site from your browser rather than from the fake email and read about these fake emails. If you receive a fake email, the real paypal site tells you how to forward the fake to paypal to authenticate it. Be careful out there!

Forum Regular
    Excellent heads up. I'd recommend the administrator/moderators allow this post to appear in other pertinent sections of the forum for wider distribution.

Guys, this scam has been around for years. I would hope most people were hip to it by now.

Generally, just ignore emails claiming to be from Paypal, ebay, banks, etc that ever ask you to "update your account information".

eric

Forum Regular
    How to spot scams...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information