Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

I'd most likely vote for Powell.

Of course, that ultimately would depend on who is running aginst him, but it would not be a color issue. It would be an issues issue.

as far as Al Sharpton and his cronies. well, let's just say I'm still seething over that Tawana Brawley thing. Anyone involved there is on my shiite list, and that includes the Cos. ..nobody ever issued an apology to the real victims there.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Of course, that ultimately would depend on who is running aginst him, but it would not be a color issue. It would be an issues issue.

as far as Al Sharpton and his cronies. well, let's just say I'm still seething over that Tawana Brawley thing. Anyone involved there is on my shiite list, and that includes the Cos. ..nobody ever issued an apology to the real victims there.
    I got to meet Al Sharpton back when the Tawana Brawley thing was going on. I don't hold a grudge, but after meeting him, he'd never get my vote. It was very clear that he was in it to make a name for himself. And it worked.

I'd vote for an "anycolor man or women" if I believe in him/her or what he/she stands for. Or if I believe in the other choices less. (this is the one that comes up the most)
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

How about an Al Sharpton/David Duke ticket?

Condis' an ... itch... prerequisite for the job imo (male or female). She doesn't have enough experience to be elected, she may run in 08 just for name recognition, but prolly not in earnest till '12 (holy cow, am I talking about 2012? I feel old).

On the plus side, she could do a piano/sax duet with Clinton lol.

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by piece-it pete
    How about an Al Sharpton/David Duke ticket?

Condis' an ... itch... prerequisite for the job imo (male or female). She doesn't have enough experience to be elected, she may run in 08 just for name recognition, but prolly not in earnest till '12 (holy cow, am I talking about 2012? I feel old).

On the plus side, she could do a piano/sax duet with Clinton lol.

Pete
    I shutter to think of it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

All things being equal...

...I'd vote for Powell in a minute!

In what will be an historic, precedent setting event, might as well set what seems(at least at this juncture) to be the "gold standard"...for ANY presidential candidate...probably never happen however. When asked if she would support his candidacy, Mrs. Powell responded that she would but, then went on to say something to the effect of "...but he has more sense than that..." Can you say WAF?

Sharpton is a demagogue IMO and it's a shame Cos' allowed himself to be dragged into that whole sordid affair...lost points, big time, in my book...but he has regained a bit with some of his more recent remarks...still, I think denouncing all those who led him astray would be the right thing to do.

jimHJJ(...whoompa...whoompa...whoompa..."...NOAH!..."...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information