Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Thanks Rich. I'm relieved to hear that everything is okay.

It's funny how much I've come to care about a bunch of people that I've never met.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Thanks Rich. I'm relieved to hear that everything is okay.

It's funny how much I've come to care about a bunch of people that I've never met.
    And how much I lust after you.

I'm just kidding!!!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    That's good to read...I mean the part about JSE and family being in the clear...Rich and his lusting heart, not so much.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    That's good to read...I mean the part about JSE and family being in the clear...Rich and his lusting heart, not so much.
    Hey guys, just posting an update. Finally got power back late Wednesday but still no TV or internet. The southeast Texas area is a mess. There are parts around Galveston that have been wiped clean. My coworker's parents had a beach house on Bolivar Peninsula which is across the bay and to the east of Galveston and according to Google Earth, only the driveway remains. Absolutely nothing left of the house. Most of the structures on the Bolivar Peninsula are completely gone.

I have seen electrical crews from Canada, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan and other states so far. You can't drive 500 feet in any direction without seeing some sort of electrical crew. The guys that were working behind my house were from Georgia. I know a lot of people are complaining it's taking a long time to get power back but given the enormous size of the damage area and the millions and millions of people without power, I say they have done an outstanding job so far. I think it's nothing short of amazing they have done so much so quickly.

I'll try and post again later but work is a bit hectic right now to say the least. I work for a very large insurance company and I normally have nothing to do with claims handling but given the extent of damage, we are all having to pitch in. It took my a few days just to find an office with power. My normal office building has water damage and no power. I'm driving about 70 miles each way to work right now. Actually driving into some of the heavily damaged areas each day.

JSE

Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    Hey guys, just posting an update. Finally got power back late Wednesday but still no TV or internet.
    Soooo...was this delivered by carrier pidgeon or what?

j/k

The wreakage down there is as bad as Rich's social life. Hang in there, it sounds like everyone is trying to pitch in as much as possible. Thanks for the update.

speedy

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    ...The wreakage down there is as bad as Rich's social life... speedy
    I'm a freakin' train wreck I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Imslo
    Soooo...was this delivered by carrier pidgeon or what?
    Hey, no tech in the pidgeon's truck right?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Some unbelievable pictures. I think that the alligator crossing the road is kind of cool, but otherwise my heart goes out to these people.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...l_life_of.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information