Hurricane Dennis/ Dean ?

Printable View

• 07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
    SRO
    Hurricane Dennis/ Dean ?
    Hi Dean, ( and all others affected )

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Did you make it through the storm ok?
  • 07-12-2005, 01:17 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SRO
    Hi Dean, ( and all others affected )

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Did you make it through the storm ok?

Thank you for your concern. We lost a lot of trees. Very little property damage, personally. Fortunately, no injuries that I'm aware of. Our town got hit hard again and several properties sustained significant damage. It was a dreadful experience, especially with so much rebuilding incomplete after Ivan about 9 mos. ago. For about a 45 min. period my family and I stayed in our "safe room" when the winds reached a steady and extremely loud roar. My best guess is that the winds exceeded 100 mph as the eyewall came right through our community. Mother nature can be fierce. In comparison, I would say that the worst of Dennis was as strong as Ivan, but Ivan's destruction covered more territory.

We just got power on at my office about an hour and a half ago. I hope the power is on at home when I get there. I've had the bbq grill going for cooking, coffee, etc. almost continuously. I'm worn out and ready to sleep in an air conditioned home - a hot shower would be nice too.