Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Adopt; prevent an abortion.

Sorry to be offensive, but I'm tired of childless people complaining about paying taxes for education. It indicates a lack of recognition of the responsibility we all have to the broader society.
    Don't worry, between income and property taxes, I pay my share.

When the rich using all the known loopholes pay as much as I do, I may fell differently. I'm also sick of paying for the rest of society that CHOOSES to be bums and do nothing but look for handouts.

Before this goes Steel Cage, I'll quit here and stick to my original position. Research and development can be done here on this planet and in many many places, money can be better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Don't worry, between income and property taxes, I pay my share.

When the rich using all the known loopholes pay as much as I do, I may fell differently. I'm also sick of paying for the rest of society that CHOOSES to be bums and do nothing but look for handouts.

Before this goes Steel Cage, I'll quit here and stick to my original position. Research and development can be done here on this planet and in many many places, money can be better spent.
    OK, we'll leave it here. Just one last comment: if you think that 12.8 million Americans are unemployed -- and likely twice as many underemployed -- because they are all BUMS looking for HANDOUTS, you are delusional in a malicious way.

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the......

I have always found space exploration interesting. Maybe because I watched the Lunar missions as they happened back in the 60's. Maybe because I refuse to grow up. In any case, I love reading about the Mars mission, and of course, looking at all the pictures.

Is it the best use of the budget? Maybe not, but there are worse things to spend the money on. (insert your own list here) My hope is that some of the money spent ends up in the pockets of the people doing the work to build these things. I know that most won't, but some would be nice.

Some day, not in our lifetime I hope, the Earth may get wiped out by something we have no control over. If we don't reach to space for alternate homes, mankind (and the women too) will be gone forever. We'll just be a small footnote in The Guide. Something like, we were mostly harmless.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information