Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The house is getting closer!!!

Sorry that I haven't kept up with all the pics I promised. It's been very busy lately. I'll post them as soon as I can.
    We had a meeting with our builder over the weekend. It went like this:

me: When will you be finished?
    him: I don't know.
    m: Don't you even have an idea of when?
    h: no.
    m: But we are ordering special funiture and they need to know when to bring it in.
    h: So order it.
    m: But when can we tell them to bring it?
    h: I don't know.
    m: But I have to give them some kind of idea.
    h: (shrugs)
    m: OK, how about if I tell them mid September?
    h: MID SEPTEMBER?!!!!
    m: Why? You don't think it will be done by then?
    h: What? You'll be in by the end of the month.
    m: End of what month?
    h: This month.
    m: What?! This month? You mean, less than 30 days?
    h: Yeah, what did you think I meant?
    m: Yipeeeeee!!! Drinks are on me! (No JM, no belly shots)

Too bad it will take 6 weeks to get the funiture. Oh well, can't win'em all.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Congratulations!!!

Please be advised that nothing short of a play-by-play detailing of the construction of the HT will be accepted...
    Cheers to the new digs,
    M
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Did you get it in writing?

So you're building a new house? Is that what you're telling me? Seems I'm a little behind on the gossip around here. I don't know how I missed it, I try never to take a break from the water cooler.

That's very exciting! I'm very jealous and can't wait to see pics so that I can live vicariously through you.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    What a dream come true. A brand new house. Congratulations!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Please be advised that nothing short of a play-by-play detailing of the construction of the HT will be accepted...
    Cheers to the new digs,
    M
    Thanks,
    So far, I ran speaker wire (just double insulated 12ga from PE) through the walls for 7.1. Ran HDMI cable as well as 2 component cables and power cord to where the projector will be mounted (ceiling). Also a dedicated 20 amp circuit to the wall where everything will get plugged into a power conditioner.
    Oh, same for the bedroom. (6.1)
    Already have the two Sanyo Z4 projectors tested and ready to go. A 106" permanent wall screen for the living room and a 92" powered screen with remote for the bedroom. Next week we shop for blackout curtains.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Did you get it in writing?

So you're building a new house? Is that what you're telling me? Seems I'm a little behind on the gossip around here. I don't know how I missed it, I try never to take a break from the water cooler.

That's very exciting! I'm very jealous and can't wait to see pics so that I can live vicariously through you.

He wouldn't put a "get well soon card" in writing for his mother in the hospital. (joke)

Yes, new home on the way. Moving to PA. I was using our house plans as an avatar for a bit. I'll post what I have but most pics are still on the chip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The house is getting closer!!!-pa-house-013.jpg   The house is getting closer!!!-pa-house-004.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    What a dream come true. A brand new house. Congratulations!
    Thanks John.

You two coming to our house warming?

A better look at the plans.

Good for you G.
    We broke ground on August 1, 2004 for our house. We moved in Nov 14 same year.
    Builders are subject to many foibles including workers that can be fly by night, weather, materials delays and other homes they are building. They usually have several going so their workers, most are fairly specialized, can go from one to another and if they can not work at your house today for some reason they go to another and usually stay there until they are finished at that house doing that particular job...flooring, plumbing, etc.

Our flooring took longer than expected because it took longer than expected to get the material, bamboo, so the installer went to another house. The flooring came in two days later but the installer did not come back for over a week. He was not going to leave one job half finished to start another. Understandable but frustrating when it is your house.

Wish I could see a large view of your plans but from what I can see they look like a nice layout.
    Good luck and enjoy.
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Quote Originally Posted by KaiWinters
    Good for you G.
    We broke ground on August 1, 2004 for our house. We moved in Nov 14 same year.
    Builders are subject to many foibles including workers that can be fly by night, weather, materials delays and other homes they are building. They usually have several going so their workers, most are fairly specialized, can go from one to another and if they can not work at your house today for some reason they go to another and usually stay there until they are finished at that house doing that particular job...flooring, plumbing, etc.

Our flooring took longer than expected because it took longer than expected to get the material, bamboo, so the installer went to another house. The flooring came in two days later but the installer did not come back for over a week. He was not going to leave one job half finished to start another. Understandable but frustrating when it is your house.

Wish I could see a large view of your plans but from what I can see they look like a nice layout.
    Good luck and enjoy.
    Thanks,
    Our builder has been very good to us so far. We just broke ground in late March. The foundation went in in April.

We have many pics from start until now. Here is the latest as of 7/1/06.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    We have many pics from start until now. Here is the latest as of 7/1/06.

You might want to leave the dumpster there until after the house warming party. Plenty of room for empties. Oh and for those that can't run with the big dogs they can lean over the rail and...............never mind.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Congrats GM! I've been busy also. Looks nice........92" screen in the bedroom huh?

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

GM looking good ! I've been to busy lately to talk ,dif interest none audio.Making room in basement for the boy .He wants big boys toys (drum set) and the wife is not for it Spent so many hours on drum site and cymbal site Congrat and post more pics

We have over 600 photos in an album of our house construction as well as some video and more pictures stored on a hard drive. Great to have for the future. I also made sure to take lots of photos of the electrical and plumbing runs, marking each photo for direction, etc. just in case I need to get into a wall...hopefully not for a long freaking time...LOL I still am loathe to hang a photo or picture because I don't want to make a hole...LOL we still have no window treatments, other than wooden blinds, because we do not want to make holes in the walls and do not want to cover up the wood trim...wife and I sanded, stained and three coats of poly on all the woodwork so we are not in any hurry to cover it up.

Enjoy you house, soon to be your "home".
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Congrats Mike. Looking great.
    Wishing you many happy years and good fortune in your new home.

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    GM looking good ! I've been to busy lately to talk ,dif interest none audio.Making room in basement for the boy .He wants big boys toys (drum set) and the wife is not for it Spent so many hours on drum site and cymbal site Congrat and post more pics

Pat.P it's good to see you posting again. I was afraid we would have to send out a search party.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Pat.P it's good to see you posting again. I was afraid we would have to send out a search party.
    Thanks JohnMicheal ! Most my time is so far for the last month as been in drum store and drum site.I never knew there so much drums and cymbal dif .Now some of my old audio stuff is basement needs to go I like to expand the house but no room .I 've put a floor in part of attic for some box and odds but need to do a major clean up in here. Talk to you later

You might want to leave the dumpster there until after the house warming party. Plenty of room for empties. Oh and for those that can't run with the big dogs they can lean over the rail and...............never mind.
    Sounds good. I'll work out a deal with the builder for the dumpster and the portatoilet.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Congrats GM! I've been busy also. Looks nice........92" screen in the bedroom huh?

That's what I'm talkin' bout!
    Yeah, we had to go small for the bedroom system. We'll only be about 12 feet from the screen.
    The wife wants to put a mirror in the only good spot for the TV. No choice but to go with the drop down screen.

Good to see you post again. I thought your were trying to catch my post count. You'll have to get moving.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Thanks Pat. Good to hear from you. I think I got the band back together here.

Good luck with the drums. Don't forget two pair of noise canceling headphones for you and the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiWinters
    We have over 600 photos in an album of our house construction as well as some video and more pictures stored on a hard drive. Great to have for the future. I also made sure to take lots of photos of the electrical and plumbing runs, marking each photo for direction, etc. just in case I need to get into a wall...hopefully not for a long freaking time...LOL I still am loathe to hang a photo or picture because I don't want to make a hole...LOL we still have no window treatments, other than wooden blinds, because we do not want to make holes in the walls and do not want to cover up the wood trim...wife and I sanded, stained and three coats of poly on all the woodwork so we are not in any hurry to cover it up.

Enjoy you house, soon to be your "home".
    HAHAHAHA You'll have to make those holes eventually. Measure twice, drill once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Congrats Mike. Looking great.
    Wishing you many happy years and good fortune in your new home.

Peace

Bernd
    Thanks Bernd.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Thanks Pat. Good to hear from you. I think I got the band back together here.

Good luck with the drums. Don't forget two pair of noise canceling headphones for you and the Mrs.
    No headphones yet So far I stack ,one old marching snare,1 sonar 3145 snare limited edition (did'nt convince the wife the full drumset yet ) Practice pad with stand ,all cymbal stand.As for cymbal 1 pair of Sabian Hand Hammered hats,1 pair of Zanki hats,Sabian AA crash Medium ,Sabian Signature China,Sabian Rock Ride,Meinl ride.I still need a Splash but got a Black Beauty cow bell Some of these cymbal are top of the line and expensive (I try to buy second hand)I need at least 50sq ft of space for now .Could of bought a Pool table like you

GM,

Congrats on your new house! The area you are moving to looks really nice and I like all of the mature trees and foilage. I can't believe you're putting a 92" screen in your bedroom! Wassamatta pal, can't find anything else to do in there besides watch Armageddon?

Pat,

Are you a drummer as well or are you just getting a kit for your boy? I've been playing since I was six and now my son, who is now six, wants to learn how to play. Two kits, one for me and one for him. Thanks goodness his little brother wants to play guitar! Edyct is a drummer as well. Smart thinking with the basement. Concrete is an excellent sound barrier. My parents game room was constructed of brick and believe me, the neighbors were very thankful!

BTW, Tama all the way!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information