Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    No paint yet. But most of the spackling is done.
    Looking good ,where the Bar with neon light going to be?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Looking good ,where the Bar with neon light going to be?
    In the basement with the pool table.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    In the basement with the pool table.

I am glad the bar will be in the basement. All the AR members, myself included, will have a better chance stumbling out the garage door then tumbling down the steps.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I am glad the bar will be in the basement. All the AR members, myself included, will have a better chance stumbling out the garage door then tumbling down the steps.
    Please leave keys at the door before you all start drinking.The last thing that GMicheal needs is one of you guys making a grand entrance when leaving into the house.

Please leave keys at the door before you all start drinking.The last thing that GMicheal needs is one of you guys making a grand entrance when leaving into the house.

Honey, I'm home!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Honey, I'm home!
    I think I heard something in the basement. Go down and see what it is.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I think I heard something in the basement. Go down and see what it is.
    GMicheal nothing to worry about,it's only one of the boys

OH BABY! Now that's hot! She's the kind of girl that could rip your.... off.

OH BABY! Now that's hot! She's the kind of girl that could rip your.... off.
    I think I'm gonna be sick

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I think I'm gonna be sick
    What? To much woman for you

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Hey Pat, where'd you find that picture of me???

Seriously, male or female, that much muscle is just plain ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Hey Pat, where'd you find that picture of me???

Seriously, male or female, that much muscle is just plain ugly.
    You told me that you would never pose in a G-string! What's up with this photo then?

She's just pumped up for the contest. Once she relaxes she'll look a lot better. Still big, but better. Maybe even a little like a woman.

Oh man, i have been so busy buying speakers that i didnt even see this thread. Gratulations on the house buddy! Make sure you have a big enough room for a Megaline or big ass Apogee ;-)
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Is this room big enough?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The house is getting closer!!!-main-room.jpg  

Here's another view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The house is getting closer!!!-main-room-2.jpg  

Ok for Duetta and DIVA. Could be bigger for the DIVA and the Grand would like 2 or 3 times the size. I am in deep **** trying to find a place for my Grand. But the DIVA will rock in there, so let me know when your ready. ;-)

Very nice house!

Forum Regular
    Florian, not to bad-mouth the room in your photo, but does it not have too much glass for good acoustics? What effect does the drop in the ceiling have? Just curious...

Laz

Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    Florian, not to bad-mouth the room in your photo, but does it not have too much glass for good acoustics? What effect does the drop in the ceiling have? Just curious...

Laz
    Hi Laz, the Apogees love reflective and diffusiv surfaces. I think that the room is quite good and with real digital room correction via Lyngdorf Audio or Tact (my plan) it wont matter :-)

Drop ceeilings dont matter to Apogees, and neither does the room really. They load the room equally and there are no parallel walls with the same backing etc....

That is the size room i am looking for ;-)
    Last edited by Florian; 07-19-2006 at 10:15 PM.

Holey peanut brittle Batman! More delays before we're done!

The local electric company has decided that the utility poll in front of our house needs to be moved 15 feet to the left. If they did this last month, or next month, it wouldn't have affected us. But because they want to do it this month it pushes us back 3 to 4 weeks. Oh, and a call from the gas company this morning. It seems that the paperwork we filled out last April was just handed to them today. Our builder claims that he forgot to give it to them. The gas company says that they needed more of a warning than this, and it will take them 4-6 weeks to get to us. So much for being in by the end of this month.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Sorry G,

While every house has its idiosynchratic dramas, the outcome was predictable. Even expected in my experience...
    ... You want we should lean on someone,boss. We's all got yer back.

Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Thanks Bobs

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    While every house has its idiosynchratic dramas, the outcome was predictable. Even expected in my experience...
    ... You want we should lean on someone,boss. We's all got yer back.

Cheers
    It wasn't totally unexpected. Somehow, it didn't feel like we'd be in this month. My prediction of mid September is looking more and more like the real deal. It's OK though. Gives us more time to stock up on party essentials. And more time for me to save up for HT upgrades.

Utility companies and their workers can be/are just as bad as public entities/workers all too often.
    When we built our home we put conduit under ground to route all lines, electric/cable/telly/etc., underground. This not only provides a clean look but no wires have to be attached to the house itself and in the case of weather related outages we eliminate one set of wires potentially going down. Well the "telephone cable guy" shows up to run the cable and telly cables. He immediately starts pulling wire from the pole, in my front yard ugh, across the yard and when I come on the scene he has a ladder against my house getting ready to start drilling holes in the wall. I tell him I have underground conduit ready for him and his people know of this, it should be on the work order. He tells me with a straight face "I don't pull wire through conduit". I tell him there are plenty of people to pull it for him but he repeats it and says he will only put it above ground. He gets surly about, a great big/fat guy while I am a small person, so he walks up to me nearly nose to top of my head lol and says "listen I only put wire above ground I don't care about your conduit." Well I release the leash on my Napolean Complex tell him where he can shove his cable and get the f off my property...lol...he did not expect that but tried to regain control, too late, by saying no one would run the cable watch and see. Before he is off the land I am on the telly with his company talking directly to his boss. After describing the situation I tell him I am going to make a major issue of this person threatening me. He promises me he will take care of everything and the cable will be run where it was approved to be run. The installer roars away and in ten minutes he is back walking over to me with his head down. He says he will install the cable wherever I want it and sorry for the problem. Since I had "hand" now I let him off the hook by saying I just want the cable installed but I made sure no one helped him. He had to pull the cables through the conduit alone and I stood over him the entire time making sure there was not a kink or nick on the lines...lol.

Utility companies see us as just another job number, not people hoping to get what they need done in a reasonable time.
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Some progress has been made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The house is getting closer!!!-kitchen-8-5-06.jpg  

Looking good Michael, looking good.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Thanks,

How do you like the pink walls in the kitchen? We picked out a champaign color, but they turned out pink. We didn't like it when we first saw the walls. But now it looks like it goes well with the teaberry cabinets.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information