Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yeah, we had to go small for the bedroom system. We'll only be about 12 feet from the screen.
    The wife wants to put a mirror in the only good spot for the TV. No choice but to go with the drop down screen.

Good to see you post again. I thought your were trying to catch my post count. You'll have to get moving.
    That's like trying to catch Sir T DVD count.

School, homework and house duties are taking all my time. I've been painting the trim and landscaping the backyard. Still gotta put some lighting and planter speakers in, but the hard work is just about done.

What's up Pat......I see your still hanging on to photos.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    GM,

Congrats on your new house! The area you are moving to looks really nice and I like all of the mature trees and foilage. I can't believe you're putting a 92" screen in your bedroom! Wassamatta pal, can't find anything else to do in there besides watch Armageddon?

Pat,

Are you a drummer as well or are you just getting a kit for your boy? I've been playing since I was six and now my son, who is now six, wants to learn how to play. Two kits, one for me and one for him. Thanks goodness his little brother wants to play guitar! Edyct is a drummer as well. Smart thinking with the basement. Concrete is an excellent sound barrier. My parents game room was constructed of brick and believe me, the neighbors were very thankful!

BTW, Tama all the way!
    Im not a drummer but is uncle is in a band .I was going to go with the Sonor Force 3005 line, all maple .They say its the best drum- set in the semi-pro level out there.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    That's like trying to catch Sir T DVD count.

School, homework and house duties are taking all my time. I've been painting the trim and landscaping the backyard. Still gotta put some lighting and planter speakers in, but the hard work is just about done.

What's up Pat......I see your still hanging on to photos.
    Im still waiting for the swimsuit pics guys

GM,

Congrats on your new house! The area you are moving to looks really nice and I like all of the mature trees and foilage. I can't believe you're putting a 92" screen in your bedroom! Wassamatta pal, can't find anything else to do in there besides watch Armageddon?

Pat,
    BTW, Tama all the way!
    Thanks,
    It's a great neighborhood. Feels like we are miles from town but it's just a block away.
    The company we bought the projector from includes the 106" fixed screen. The 92" powered screen was the same price so I was able to do an even switch on one of them. The Z-4 has a remote zoom. I'm sure I'll end up shrinking it a bit while viewing. As for, other things to do, hell yeah. But sometimes the little lady wants to watch something I don't. This way we both get to see what we want on the big screen. The prices on the Z-4 came down so much that 2 cost less than one 50" plasma.

Ditto on the Tama.
    Last edited by GMichael; 07-05-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Pat,

Are you a drummer as well or are you just getting a kit for your boy? I've been playing since I was six and now my son, who is now six, wants to learn how to play. Two kits, one for me and one for him. Thanks goodness his little brother wants to play guitar! Edyct is a drummer as well. Smart thinking with the basement. Concrete is an excellent sound barrier. My parents game room was constructed of brick and believe me, the neighbors were very thankful!

BTW, Tama all the way!
    My Hubby is a drummer. First we lived in an apartment and now in a townhouse, so the drums have been packed and stored for the last 14 years. It makes him very sad. We've been looking at buying a new house and one of the things on our "must have" list is a music room in the basement where we can set up all of our instruments (drums, keyboard, several guitars and a bass). When we look at a house, I'm already factoring the cost of soundproofing panels in the renovations costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    My Hubby is a drummer. First we lived in an apartment and now in a townhouse, so the drums have been packed and stored for the last 14 years. It makes him very sad. We've been looking at buying a new house and one of the things on our "must have" list is a music room in the basement where we can set up all of our instruments (drums, keyboard, several guitars and a bass). When we look at a house, I'm already factoring the cost of soundproofing panels in the renovations costs.
    Get the mans drum out ,put them in the living room
    I own a townhouse ,my daughter rent-it from me and the neighbor complaint just for the radio .I had to buy a DB meter just for testing the level and tell the neighbor to F---OFF.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Glad to see you're almost there, GM!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Ditto on the Tama.
    Got my son a Tama Rock Star set (the one with the floor tom) a couple of years ago. It has a chrome mirror finish, sounds good and should last him through college. Thereafter, he's on his own. He's added a double bass pedal and Cymbals from Zjildian (including a china which is big in the hard core scene).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The house is getting closer!!!-drum-resize7.jpg  

Sounds like a plan. A good one.
    When we were shopping I shot down a lot of houses because they had no room for my pool table.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Glad to see you're almost there, GM!
    Thanks,

Great pic of the Tamas. You're a good dad.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Get the mans drum out ,put them in the living room
    I own a townhouse ,my daughter rent-it from me and the neighbor complaint just for the radio .I had to buy a DB meter just for testing the level and tell the neighbor to F---OFF.
    Our neighbours aren't the quietest bunch on the block either and it's been real tempting some days to set up the drums just out of spite. Instead, I just turn up our sub-woofer for a song or two. That seems to get the message across well enough.

Our neighbours aren't the quietest bunch on the block either and it's been real tempting some days to set up the drums just out of spite. Instead, I just turn up our sub-woofer for a song or two. That seems to get the message across well enough.
    I like to get the sub pounding every once in a while too hahaha the fact of the matter is, it's hardly ever a message

Very exciting news! Congrats!

Sounds like you're on the right track, but what's up with this furniture deal? You mean to tell US -- i.e. netizens on an audio board -- that you ordered furniture before upgrading your home theater gear?! Oh the humanity!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Very exciting news! Congrats!

Sounds like you're on the right track, but what's up with this furniture deal? You mean to tell US -- i.e. netizens on an audio board -- that you ordered furniture before upgrading your home theater gear?! Oh the humanity!
    Thanks Wooch.

Have no fear, it's theater seating. That counts right? The house kind of is being build around my home theater ideas, with two Z-4 projectors being mounted to the ceilings. Dark colors where needed. All the while drooling over all the gear I'm hoping to buy next year. We picked up blackout cloth over the weekend. Can't wait to have our system up and running. We've stocked up on DVD's. Most are still in the plastic.

Edit: They added door locks to our house over the weekend. Too bad they didn't give us a key.
    Last edited by GMichael; 07-10-2006 at 10:51 AM.

A key, A KEY! We picked up our key. Now we can get inside again. Spackling is done. Painting started today. Next week the overhead fans and lighting goes up. The week after that we get a kitchen and carpets.

A key, A KEY! We picked up our key. Now we can get inside again. Spackling is done. Painting started today. Next week the overhead fans and lighting goes up. The week after that we get a kitchen and carpets.
    What's your first project after all is said and done?

I hope his first project would be to invite all of AR members over for a house warming party.

But keep the beer and liquor away from Sir TT....unless you hire a baby sitter for that night
    Last edited by Smokey; 07-13-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I hope his first project would be to invite all of AR members over for a house warming party.

But keep the beer and liquor away from Sir TT....unless you hire a baby sitter for that night
    I'd be happy to babysit the beer and liquor, but not Sir TT.

First project will be to get those 2 new Z-4's up and running. Then comes the PARTY! Who's coming over? Even Sir TT can have all the beer and liquor he likes. My wife loves kids.
    Then I want to upgrade speakers so that my Infinity's can be relocated to the bedroom.
    Then separates so that the RX-V2500 can go down to the basement and that project begins. 700 sqft of open space waiting to become my ultimate HT system. Eventually the 2500 will make it back upstairs (to the bedroom) while better separates find their way to the basement. Our current bedroom system will go to either of the other two bedrooms.
    Bye the way, both bathrooms are already wired for sound. Just a flick of the switch on either receiver and BAM! music to shower by.

So, did I ask, "who's coming over?"

PARTY!!!

First project will be to get those 2 new Z-4's up and running. Then comes the PARTY! Who's coming over? Even Sir TT can have all the beer and liquor he likes. My wife loves kids.
    Then I want to upgrade speakers so that my Infinity's can be relocated to the bedroom.
    Then separates so that the RX-V2500 can go down to the basement and that project begins. 700 sqft of open space waiting to become my ultimate HT system. Eventually the 2500 will make it back upstairs (to the bedroom) while better separates find their way to the basement. Our current bedroom system will go to either of the other two bedrooms.
    Bye the way, both bathrooms are already wired for sound. Just a flick of the switch on either receiver and BAM! music to shower by.

PARTY!!!

Three systems!! GM are you sure that's enough?

Wow, that's sweet. And no neighbors either. You can surely crank it all night.

Party huh, I can see it now. GM and wife sitting on the couch opening gifts. "Wow honey look, another SPL meter. That's a total of 6 now".

Three systems!! GM are you sure that's enough?

Wow, that's sweet. And no neighbors either. You can surely crank it all night.

Party huh, I can see it now. GM and wife sitting on the couch opening gifts. "Wow honey look, another SPL meter. That's a total of 6 now".
    We have 4 systems now. The RX-V2500 for the living room, the HTR-5740 in the bedroom, a crapy HTIB systems from Ratshack in the computer room, and an old Pioneer 2 chanel driving my 4 home made speakers in the basement. Oh, and an all in one, receiver, casset, turntable & 8-track recorder/player from Panisonic in the garrage. I guess that's 5.

What? No one is bringing a BFD?

The neighbours will be invited. They seem very nice. Both claim to be film makers from overseas. Not sure what kind of movies. But their house was filled with these big rolls of film in canisters.

Wow, we are some lucky fellas to have such understanding wives. In my old place I had a 7.1 in the main room, a 5.1 in the bedroom and a 5.1 in the garage. This place is a little smaller but OK. I have my main system, bedroom system, 2 vegas in the dining area powered by my Denon and some old Sony's in the garage. I have a HTIB sitting in a box in the garage and a bunch of speakers in my bedroom closet(don't ask).

PARTY!!!
    Screw the party...I'm moving in! I'll even bring my Rush DVDs with me.

YEAH BABY!

Screw the party...I'm moving in! I'll even bring my Rush DVDs with me.

YEAH BABY!
    Sure, but you'll have sleep in the room with the Ratshack HTIB for now. Audio upgrades won't be till next year.
    I did break down and get the Rio DVD. Did you get the new one yet? I haven't. But I did pick up the new PF DVD yesterday. Still in the plastic.

Gotta run for now. Going to take more pics of the house. We have shutters and a garage door now. And walls inside! Maybe even a little paint!

More pics

No paint yet. But most of the spackling is done.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information