Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Hey Yo, Fall Girl...

...looks like you can drag out that ol' purple sweater.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

hehehehehehehehehehehehe
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    Great player.
    2 - CHANNEL AUDIO

Rotel RB-1080
    Rotel RC-1070
    Rotel RCD-1070
    B&W CDM 9NT
    Transparent HP14-2 Speaker Cable
    Transparent Link 200 Interconnects

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    ...looks like you can drag out that ol' purple sweater.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey, maybe they can switch Henrik to Right Wing, move both sisters up to the first line, and have "The Robert Palmer Girl's" line.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

I grew up in a hockey household. Both my brothers played and HNIC was a Saturday night staple growing up. But, being a girl, I was never really included in any of it. So I grew up knowing about hockey, knowing who the key players were, but was never really a hockey fan. It wasn't until I met my husband that I really got into it.

Mats Sundin was traded to the Leafs while we were on our honeymoon in 1994. I remember listening to the radio in the car, while driving through Nova Scotia and the newscaster mentioned a big Leaf trade but didn't say what it was. Well, it drove my husband crazy waiting until we got back to Toronto to find out what the trade was (oh the days before the internet). It was Mats. Hubby was excited. I didn't know who Mats was.

After a couple of years of watching him play, he became my favourite player. He was really the only hockey player that I could ever truly say that I was a fan of (I've only been a true fan of one baseball player as well...Dave Winfield). He helped me to appreciate the game more and turned me into a fan of the sport.

So losing Mats means more to me than just losing the team Captain and a great player. There's some sentiment that goes along with it.

I'm such a girl...I know.

On the bright side, Lacrosse starts in a couple of weeks!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    He'll help Vancouver make a push, but the confusing part is he had a better chance of going further in the playoffs signing with Philly or the Rangers in a slightly less top heavy East conference.

Vancouver is still not a match for Detroit or San Jose, and probably not a healthy Anaheim either. We'll see how much future they mortgage at the trade deadline to put a run together.

Screw playoffs, if I were that close to retirement I'd go to the team that offered me 20 million for two years too. 20 million bucks is a pret-ty nice retirement fund. Yes it is.

Except they're not paying him $20 million...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Screw playoffs, if I were that close to retirement I'd go to the team that offered me 20 million for two years too. 20 million bucks is a pret-ty nice retirement fund. Yes it is.
    Well, yeah, except he accepted a 1 year deal that will prorate to about 5 million, and only 1 million more or so than what everyone else offered. As a % of his career earnings that $1 million difference is nothing really, he made that in a month a few years back....
    So he believes the Canucks are the best fit of teams that were interested. Interesting...they have the goalie and some good pieces, and a lots of cap room left for more additions, so maybe he's right.

Ooops. I must have heard wrong then. I thought I heard 20 mil.

I should have explained....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Ooops. I must have heard wrong then. I thought I heard 20 mil.
    No you heard very correctly..they had a 2 year offer worth 20 million for the full term back in the summer, every game he missed was a bit of pay he didn't take...he's only playing this year's balance on the contract...so 55% or so of $10 million... by the time he hits the ice almost half the season will be gone, so he'll pull in a little over $5 million...hardly enough to retire on
    ...The Rangers had offered between $6 and $8 million for the year depending who you believed, so subtracting 40% oft he season from that amount, the difference isn't a ton...if yer Mat$ $undin. I don't think he sold out here...he picked the best chance of the teams that wanted him. I might hate him, but he's no sell out.

Thread Information