Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dean_martin

Thread: In case you never saw this.....

Suspended

In case you never saw this.....

General Guidelines

• No insults or personal attacks
    • No profanity or obscene language
    • Debate - yes! Arguments or "flame wars" - no!

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Yes so telling someone they need glasses and a hearing aid when you do not agree with their opinion or they are blowing smoke out of their @ss will no longer be tolerated.

We have all been guilty at one time or another, you included, so the rules shall be enforced.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Good, I am not asking for any special treatment and I know that I am guilty here and there but not on a normal basis.

Hey, I wear glasses and I have slight hearing loss from working in machine shops for over 25 years so I guess I offended myself too.

And my response that included blowing smoke was after about 50 of them directed at me. So glad you can find the needle in the haystack but you are nowhere to be seen as T hurls one offensive obscenity after the next at will.

Censor me, close my threads, ban me or whatever but make sure it's fair and I will take whatever I have coming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Yes so telling someone they need glasses and a hearing aid when you do not agree with their opinion or they are blowing smoke out of their @ss will no longer be tolerated.

We have all been guilty at one time or another, you included, so the rules shall be enforced.
    Right on John, I think most of us can live with that providing it is applied evenly to ALL members.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I only singled out examples of yours since you began the thread while requesting more moderation. Yes there are plenty of other examples I could have used. I had already pointed out my favorite for lowest comment in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Good, I am not asking for any special treatment and I know that I am guilty here and there but not on a normal basis.

Hey, I wear glasses and I have slight hearing loss from working in machine shops for over 25 years so I guess I offended myself too.

And my response that included blowing smoke was after about 50 of them directed at me. So glad you can find the needle in the haystack but you are nowhere to be seen as T hurls one offensive obscenity after the next at will.

Censor me, close my threads, ban me or whatever but make sure it's fair and I will take whatever I have coming to me.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues View Post
    Right on John, I think most of us can live with that providing it is applied evenly to ALL members.

Yes and I think we need to add no repetitive baiting of another member. If anyone disagrees with a post one comment is enough and then move on instead of beating a dead horse.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    I only singled out examples of yours since you began the thread while requesting more moderation. Yes there are plenty of other examples I could have used. I had already pointed out my favorite for lowest comment in the other thread.
    Yeah you can find close to a 1:50 ratio. Glad you have favorites while doing nothing about it.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

I hope the mods can stay sane. Good luck!

If I can make a wishful suggestion. My preferred mode of 'curation' would be simply to delete offensive posts rather than lock down the thread. Posters can try again with more moderate tones and maybe we'll all still have fun arguing/heckling/bickering...
    TCA ATT GGA

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Yeah you can find close to a 1:50 ratio. Glad you have favorites while doing nothing about it.

As I stated I only used your examples because you started the thread. If someone else had started it I would have used examples of their words. Remember my comments about baiting? I have tried to make a point and I think I made it. Now please wait and see what other members might have to say.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    I hope the mods can stay sane. Good luck!

If I can make a wishful suggestion. My preferred mode of 'curation' would be simply to delete offensive posts rather than lock down the thread. Posters can try again with more moderate tones and maybe we'll all still have fun arguing/heckling/bickering...

I think the boat has already sailed on my sanity. We have never been a heavy moderated site and I was originally chosen to delete spam since I took joy in reporting it.

I think you are right that the post needs to be deleted. I am at work without computer access and moderating is not always easy with my iPhone. Deleting an individual post is easier than editing the foul language.

This is the most fun I have ever had working for free. All the warmth and appreciation makes it all worthwhile.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    When the "you're gay" card from junior high was played, I had to shower. JM, I commend you for your even tempered restraint.
    JohnMichael likes this.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    When the "you're gay" card from junior high was played, I had to shower. JM, I commend you for your even tempered restraint.
    Wasn't this card played by someone who was attempting(or faking) the high road?

Just sayin....and still no apology for being right. This is the first time I have ever seen the high road in a subway station.

What Sir T saidWhat she did in essence was use a music background track that she had pre-recorded, and probably practiced to. She was probably more comfortable with that, than a live Band she has never rehearsed with.

What Beyonce said
    "It was about the President and the Inauguration so I decided to sing along with the prerecorded track, which is very common in the music industry," continued Beyoncé. "I am very proud of my performance.”

And still no apology from the 3 folks holding rakes, shovels, and various other things while demanding my ouster.

I think I am going to change my signature to this.....

Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 02-01-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    No, this is what you said.

I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing. I can hear the EQ they had on the microphone.

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Perfect! Now we can all relax and stop acting like little kids, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    You assume that wasn't done with the best intentions, but I fully understand how you might think not. It's been dropped and with this new outlook, we go forwards to a better day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Wasn't this card played by someone who was attempting(or faking) the high road?

Just sayin....and still no apology for being right. This is the first time I have ever seen the high road in a subway station....

[/B]And still no apology from the 3 folks holding rakes, shovels, and various other things while demanding my ouster.

John, A little clarification please.

Would this be an example of a good time to let things drop? On the surface, it seems to be a continuation of the argument and perhaps a little finger pointing.

Well, I'm on to other things...

Thanks for your decision.

It is borderline but I think he is talking about how he felt in a thread he started. Instead of attacking and naming members he is using some images to portray what was happening to him. Physical violence was even discussed. I have started a thread and felt ganged up on so I am sympathetic to his feelings. You start a thread to share or learn and it turns ugly. I am not claiming innocence for anyone but I am claiming understanding.

Had he started a new thread to bring it up then it would have been edited or deleted. I know members think I have favorites when it comes to moderation. On the other hand I do not want to over moderate someone to prove fairness since that would not be fair. Let me know what you think. JM walking the tightrope.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant View Post
    John, A little clarification please.

Would this be an example of a good time to let things drop? On the surface, it seems to be a continuation of the argument and perhaps a little finger pointing.

Well, I'm on to other things...

Thanks for your decision.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

JM, your PM limit is exceeded.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Since we have some that like to cherry pick statements to shape a point, I want to post post #4 in its entirety.

Sir T

Thanks for the comments guys. I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing. I can hear the EQ they had on the microphone. It sounded kind of hollow, like the system was at the onset of feedback, or just bad EQ on her voice. On top of that, there is absolutely no latency between her lips, and the background track. On every music video I have ever mixed, there is latency between the lips and the track. Directors keep the visuals moving to cover this up.

What she did in essence was use a music background track that she had pre-recorded, and probably practiced to. She was probably more comfortable with that, than a live Band she has never rehearsed with.
    Vocal coach that analyzed the video(much like I did);

"I think she is singing, but singing to a track. You can listen to the rest here.

Audio recording suggests Beyonce was singing anthem - Entertainment - Video - 3 News

Now Beyonce statement;

"It was about the President and the Inauguration so I decided to sing along with the prerecorded track, which is very common in the music industry," continued Beyoncé. "I am very proud of my performance.”

Now, unless one is so emotionally charged, so agenda driven that you cannot face the facts, my statement, the vocal coach's statement, and Beyonce statement factually say exactly the same thing. In light of this reality, those same folks still have not apologized(even though the asked me to do it when they thought I was wrong), still have not admitted they were wrong(and I was right), and still don't want to face facts. If a person has to cherry pick another's statement(knocking it completely out of context), then it is rather obvious the point they were trying to make is weak, or non factual.

I will take the latter for $2000 Alex......
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Guys this just has to stop. No one's mind is going to be changed so let it go.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Thread Information