Thread: Hey GMichael...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Hey GMichael...

How's your beautiful wife feeling? Baby day must be getting close. Yes?

Hey FA. What's shakin'?

Wifey is doing well, good, or however the correct way to say it is. Feeling better. No more upset stomach. It was great to see her smile again. She was getting tired of everyone telling her to cheer up. She's due to squirt out our baby girl in early August. She's growing and growing. Looks like she swallowed a beach ball. Poor thing is already starting to waddle.
    We bought a used 2008 Honda CR-V last Monday. It replaces our 2 door Acura. She's very happy to be in such a safe vehicle. Another reason for her to smile. (I get the old Civic though. Poor daddy will miss his Acura)

Tanx for asking.
    How's FA doing?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I don't know why I thought that the baby was due in May. Must be someone else that I'm thinking of.

I'm glad to hear that she's doing well and over the upset tummy phase. I hope that she enjoys the rest of her pregnancy. I have some friends that loved being pregnant and some that hated it. I hope that your wifey is one of the ones who love it.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Acura. Perhaps you should consider Acura as a name for your new little girl. hehehe

FA is doing just fine. Happily not pregnant.

After 3 months of the "upset tummy phase" 24/7, she wants no part of being pregnant ever again. At least, that's what she says now.

You're not pregnant? What a coincidence. I'm not pregnant either!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Glad to hear things are going good GM.

You think you got it bad. I spend half my time rolling around in a mini van

My truck needs some TLC but we don't got $$$ for all that right now. Guess I'll be getting it painted/sound system next year.....well that's what I keep telling myself

Next year? That the year that keeps getting closer, but never gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Next year? That the year that keeps getting closer, but never gets here.
    Yeah. Next year...probably during the month of Nevuary.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Hey GM, glad to hear momma's doing well. You painting rooms, or buying stuff, or any other pre-baby activities yet?

The CR-V is a pre-baby thing.
    We have decorated a bedroom with those stick-ups. Little (and not so little) princesses are everywhere. Bedspreads changed to match. Started shopping for cribs, car seats, dippers etc. I think I'm going to need a second job. And that's just to pay for the extra insurance coverage.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Glad to hear the missus is doing well.

I am going to warn you now that it sounds like she will be coming into the home stretch during the hottest months which can bring on another phase of irritability.....

If the blessed event is going to be early August may I suggest the 6th......it has always worked well for me.....

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I am glad to read all is going well. You will be a good dad. Good to know Mrs. GM is over the sickness because some women need to have IV therapy for hydration. Gosh I have always wanted a baby girl or a boy who does not like sports and prefers to read and likes theater. Of course healthy is the most important trait.
    Last edited by JohnMichael; 04-23-2009 at 02:48 AM.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I am glad to read all is going well. You will be a good dad. Good to know Mrs. GM is over the sickness because some women need to have IV therapy for hydration. Gosh I have always wanted a baby girl or a boy who does not like sports and prefers to read and likes theater. Of course healthy is the most important trait.
    Thanks JM. I sure will try. Honey did have to go in for the IV therapy once. She was tossing her cookies several times a day. Then she didn't want to eat because she figured she wouldn't keep it down anyhow. They gave her meds but they didn't help as much as she'd have liked. Poor thing went through 3 months of that. She always had a look on her face that could make a grown man cry. (good thing I never grew up)
    Have you concidered adopting? We were looking into that before the test came up +. I'm sure you'd make a great daddy.

Hey Kid,

We'll aim for the 6th if we can. Is that your B-day? One Doc says she's due on the 3rd. Another Doc says the 7th. When do we start the pool?
    My B-day is the 23rd. I keep telling her that I'm going to tape her legs together till then.
    As far as the heat, she's from the Philippines. She calls 85F a chilly day.

Hey GM, I heard this on the news last night and immediately thought of your wife...

Mother’s morning sickness linked to child’s IQ

Nausea and vomiting that often accompany pregnancy are certainly not pleasant—but queasy moms might actually give birth to smarter babies, according to a new study from Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children. Morning sickness, which affects about 80 per cent of expectant mothers, actually enhances a child’s long-term neurodevelopment, according to researchers at SickKids’ Motherisk Program. In the study, the first of its kind, 121 women were recruited and split into three groups of mother-child pairs: moms who had morning sickness and were treated with anti-nausea drug diclectin; those who had morning sickness, but didn’t take diclectin; and those who didn’t have morning sickness. Their children aged three to seven were then assessed, with controls over variables including moms’ alcohol consumption and socioeconomic status. Children of women with morning sickness scored higher on performance IQ, verbal fluency, phonological processing and numerical memory. Severity of morning sickness was a significant predictor of higher scores. Although morning sickness is a common condition, it has “yet to be sufficiently studied,” says Dr. Irena Nulman, lead author of the study and associated director of the Motherisk Program, adding that more research into the condition is needed. The study will appear in the April 23 online edition of The Journal of Pediatrics.

Her discomfort may be all worthwhile in the long run. That little being who is getting ready to wrap you around her finger is going to be one smart cookie.

'Morning, guys! Wussup in the neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Hey GM, I heard this on the news last night and immediately thought of your wife...

Mother’s morning sickness linked to child’s IQ

Nausea and vomiting that often accompany pregnancy are certainly not pleasant—but queasy moms might actually give birth to smarter babies, according to a new study from Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children. Morning sickness, which affects about 80 per cent of expectant mothers, actually enhances a child’s long-term neurodevelopment, according to researchers at SickKids’ Motherisk Program. In the study, the first of its kind, 121 women were recruited and split into three groups of mother-child pairs: moms who had morning sickness and were treated with anti-nausea drug diclectin; those who had morning sickness, but didn’t take diclectin; and those who didn’t have morning sickness. Their children aged three to seven were then assessed, with controls over variables including moms’ alcohol consumption and socioeconomic status. Children of women with morning sickness scored higher on performance IQ, verbal fluency, phonological processing and numerical memory. Severity of morning sickness was a significant predictor of higher scores. Although morning sickness is a common condition, it has “yet to be sufficiently studied,” says Dr. Irena Nulman, lead author of the study and associated director of the Motherisk Program, adding that more research into the condition is needed. The study will appear in the April 23 online edition of The Journal of Pediatrics.

Her discomfort may be all worthwhile in the long run. That little being who is getting ready to wrap you around her finger is going to be one smart cookie.
    lol... I'm not so sure if I put any stock into this survey, but I'm sure that wifey will love it. I'll send it off to her now.

Thanks!

Thread Information