Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Guess you're right

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    There are those of us who hold the view any forum is about more than the discussion topics. Some of us only came to this site by virtue of the rave-recs community.

The mods failed to move this, so we continue to post. Nobody's hurt. Surely you've got bigger things to worry about than this?
    I should quit worrying and just stay away.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Oh, come on! This thread has been running in RR since October 2008. Five pages and over 100 posts later it gets moved? Not that I care one way or the other where this thread is posted, but come on!

I can honestly say that this thread would likely have never reached five pages and over 100 posts if it had been posted in the Off Topic forum in the first place. And if it did hit those numbers, it would have derailed a long time ago. Sometimes there's a reason for OT posts being in certain forums. It has more to do with the personality of the people frequenting a specific forum than the rules of staying on topic. As is the case here.

Feanor. I never knew you had such clout around here!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I suppose I can understand why some folks would want to keep everything neat and tidy... at the same time I do have to echo Kex and Autumn's statements in that this thread prolly would've never reach such length in any other sub forum. Sometimes it's about reaching specific targets.

In any case, clearly I have been remiss in my duties...looking at recent topics it's clear that "diversity" hasn't been a goal. I'll commence rabble-rousing with esoteric banter as soon as possible...

Geez, how can ya not love the thread though? If this were SticksReview.com I'd be proud to have a thread that had the phrases "Anterro NittySwish" and "Finnish version of La Cage Aux Folles" in any category under the banner...

---sticks

I've about had it with this b.s.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I suppose I can understand why some folks would want to keep everything neat and tidy... at the same time I do have to echo Kex and Autumn's statements in that this thread prolly would've never reach such length in any other sub forum. Sometimes it's about reaching specific targets.

In any case, clearly I have been remiss in my duties...looking at recent topics it's clear that "diversity" hasn't been a goal. I'll commence rabble-rousing with esoteric banter as soon as possible...

Geez, how can ya not love the thread though? If this were SticksReview.com I'd be proud to have a thread that had the phrases "Anterro NittySwish" and "Finnish version of La Cage Aux Folles" in any category under the banner...

---sticks
    Seriously. I come to RR to chat with people I've known for years, some of whom I've actually met in person, and while we usually talk about music, we often delve into sports, A/V, computers...you name it. Moving this thread after all this time is akin to heresy, There are bigger issues to deal with in this lifetime, and I don't need this crap. Want to lose another long time poster here? Move my thread again jagoff.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Popular rubbish? As apposed to the stuff you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    The 'Rave Recordings' forum has just about bottomed out. Bad enough that the music mentioned here is virtually all popular rubbish; now we're discussing sports.

Discussion elsewhere turned to why so many had abandoned AR a few years ago. Is it going to be a déjà vu vue all over again, (to quote Yogi Berra)?
    Do tell please, because the music I like and discuss is far from 'popular rubbish'. It's mostly indie rubbish, thank you very much.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    See what you did Feanor? You pissed off the Flyers' biggest cheerleader and word obviously reached the dressing room. So what happens? They responded by shutting out 2 of my hockey pool picks (Kunitz, Gonchar). You could end up owing me twenty bucks...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    There are bigger issues to deal with in this lifetime... Want to lose another long time poster here? Move my thread again jagoff.
    Take your own advice. Down boy.

At least they left the link to the thread on RR so it's still easy enough to get to...which kind of begs the question, why move it all? But whatever, it's not the end of the world.

Now, to get this thread back on topic. I've not really been following the playoffs this year since my Leafs have been out of it since about 1999. But I have to admit that it was sweet to see the Habs get swept under the rug in four games.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

At least they left the link to the thread on RR so it's still easy enough to get to...which kind of begs the question, why move it all? But whatever, it's not the end of the world.

Now, to get this thread back on topic. I've not really been following the playoffs this year since my Leafs have been out of it since about 1999. But I have to admit that it was sweet to see the Habs get swept under the rug in four games.
    Yeah, that was pretty sweet.
    I've been cheering for my hockey pool, and whatever team is playing against the preferred teams of people I know. So right now I love the Penguins.

Rooting for St. Louis and Carolina hasn't been getting me very far though...

Whatever Fall Girl!

Yes, the Habs sweep was about as sweet as it gets. Their fans, at least those that show up for the games, are idiots, booing the National Anthem of the U.S. What are they thinking? And I'm really tired of them booing Brière every time he handles the puck, all because he didn't go there as a free agent, refusing their counter-offer after he chose the Flyers. They should respect the fact that he chose the team he wanted to play for and not the one offering the most money.

The Penguins have enough fans, including the guys...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Yeah, that was pretty sweet.
    I've been cheering for my hockey pool, and whatever team is playing against the preferred teams of people I know. So right now I love the Penguins.

Rooting for St. Louis and Carolina hasn't been getting me very far though...
    ...in stripes they call referees and linesmen. Elbows in the mouth, slashes, trips, and none get called. Watching the 3-0 shutout of Cindy and company last night was a nice lift after losing that game on Sunday where the Flyers outplayed the Pens in virtually every facet of the game except goals scored. Fleury was just playing out of his arse, so what can you do? I think I counted 4 shot that caught iron, but all bounced away. Now they need to figure out how to win back in Philly and then again in the 'burgh. It could happen!

It could happen!
    Been a weird playoff so far. As much as Fleury stole a game, things could be worse.

Luongo stole 4 games vs St. Louis. Lundqvist has stolen 3 by himself. Hiller stole 2 the Ducks had no business winning.

These kind of flukey performances rarely last, but Lunqvist and Luongo are top 3 goalies in so they could keep doing it....and Anaheim has got the tools and are firing on all cylinders at the right time...toughest #8 team I can recall. The only thing saving me in my pool is the fact all my opponents are also losing 3-4 players in the first round.

Entertainment wise, the games have generally been better this year. The Chicago/Calgary and NJ/Carolina series are awesome displays of hockey.

The Flyers are good enough to beat a few of the other East teams, but unfortunately the Penguins special teams and top 2 lines are a bad match for them. I wouldn't write them off completely but, it looks grim. Funny how it goes... I would expect the Flyers to polish off the Rangers in a matchup, while I'd take the Rangers over the Pens...luck of the draw sometimes.

But I have to admit that it was sweet to see the Habs get swept under the rug in four games.
    Amen. i've never been a bruins fan before but, dammit, Black and Gold, bay-bay!!
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Losing to the much reviled Penguins was tough, even knowing the Flyers weren't good enough to win it all. I just wanted to see them put and end to their season. That stupid fight that Carcillo started changed everything. Now it's ABBP.

Yeah, this Pitt/Washington duel is gonna be a tough series. I'm sure I can count on you to watch from the side, fully invested in the downfall of the Pens and exuding every bit of bad karma you can.

I'll try to watch every game, but I'm as busy as all get out..

Yeah, this Pitt/Washington duel is gonna be a tough series. I'm sure I can count on you to watch from the side, fully invested in the downfall of the Pens and exuding every bit of bad karma you can.
    ...right now as we're getting our house in order before we put it on the market. We've been in this home for over 10 years and have lots of consolidating to do, cleaning out the closets and what not. I hate moving, but I'm kind of looking forward to it this time.

I don't like the Capitals much, but they're my favorite team until this series it over!

...right now as we're getting our house in order before we put it on the market. We've been in this home for over 10 years and have lots of consolidating to do, cleaning out the closets and what not. I hate moving, but I'm kind of looking forward to it this time.

I don't like the Capitals much, but they're my favorite team until this series it over!
    Having just gone through a move after a similar time period in a domicile I can definetely relate. Alott extra time for going through those long-since-touched treasure troves. After seven years in one locale I was forced to recognise my packrat tendencies...and, of course, the decision making process involves laying your hands on everything for one last time to dtermine if it needs to go to the needy or just to to landfill.

I gotta tell ya, it's a liberating feeling. i got absolutely ruthless at the end. Sometimes I think that our stuff owns us. I appreciate the minimalism right now.

As fer the Caps being your favorite, I'll take a pass on the whole series with the understanding that Boston will absolutely annhilate either team that crosses their path. The East is still up for grabs though. I've not-so-secretly been very envious of Kex and his forays to Chi-town. Circumstances have put me not only in a new job and career but, temporarily, at the top spot on the foodchain. Freetime has not been at a premium.

We've moved 8 times since we were married...

Having just gone through a move after a similar time period in a domicile I can definetely relate. Alott extra time for going through those long-since-touched treasure troves. After seven years in one locale I was forced to recognise my packrat tendencies...and, of course, the decision making process involves laying your hands on everything for one last time to dtermine if it needs to go to the needy or just to to landfill.

I gotta tell ya, it's a liberating feeling. i got absolutely ruthless at the end. Sometimes I think that our stuff owns us. I appreciate the minimalism right now.

As fer the Caps being your favorite, I'll take a pass on the whole series with the understanding that Boston will absolutely annhilate either team that crosses their path. The East is still up for grabs though. I've not-so-secretly been very envious of Kex and his forays to Chi-town. Circumstances have put me not only in a new job and career but, temporarily, at the top spot on the foodchain. Freetime has not been at a premium.
    ...and 3 of those were relocations, and this will be # 9. We built this home and have lived here longer than any other place, and we really love it. We customized a lot of it after it was built, my favorite part being my beloved basement with my HT room and wet bar area. I will miss it, but plan to have a larger HT room at our new home. Truth is, the home is too big for 2 people and we're downsizing for one. We also want to be on the south side of our county, nearer our granddaughter and most of our friends.

As for simplifying, I'm all for it. We are donating a boatload of clothing and even some furniture to the Salvation Army and a couple other local organizations. Some things will be getting the heave-ho, and we will end up a lot better off without all the clutter that seems to be taking over every available space.

Hockey is occupying very little space in my head right now with baseball (St. Louis Cardinals fan) and golf in fully swing...pun intended. I'll keep an eye on it, but it won't be the same without the Flyboys involved.

I know ya gots a lot on yer plate Swishy and that the Pens are a minor but annoying concern but I can assure you they won't win a cup.

That said, they're a shoe-in to win this series. I just heard the second dumbest thing in twenty-four hours form a hockey announcers, "There's a lot of activity (from the Pens) in the offensive zone but no results due to the Cane's (vapid adjective) D". The Cane's are flat footed, not attcking the puck in either zone and, frankly, look gassed.

I couldn't swear on it but I'd imagine the Cane's regular season record would reflect that against teams with winning records they fare quite poorly. In any case, they can't compete with the offense of Pittsburgh...but the tide will change when them boys go west...

I know ya gots a lot on yer plate Swishy and that the Pens are a minor but annoying concern but I can assure you they won't win a cup.
    Ugh.. I hate to disagree about the demise of the Penguins, but it looks like the stars are lining up. Crosby in particular is playing a tough, gritty, physical, aggressive game I haven't seen from him before and as much as it pains me to say it there's nobody in the world near his level right now. I'll give him some credit, I've never seen anyone skate through more un-called slashes, hooks, and holds to make things happen. He's still a weenie though. Throw in that cherry picking Malkin who's also figuring out how to play playoff hockey, and they are going to win it all now. Which drives me nuts - a whole franchise built on lottery balls and lucky timing.

I want to believe the Hawks will rally. I want to believe the Wings can beat the Pens if they don't, but Datysuk, Hossa, and Zetterberg aren't playing well, and the Wings are starting to look a bit old and slow. Pittsburgh's vulnerable to physicality, but Detroit's not exactly oozing in that anymore. Washington and Philly might prove to be the toughest opponents they had to face.

I think Chicago matches up vs the Pens much better than Detroit this year, but I'm not sure they can pull off the upset. Guess we'll find out.

My only hope is the Canes go out in 4 and a 2 week layoff does what it does historically to most finalists - destroy the timing, momentum, and chemistry enough to give the team with the short break a big upper hand going in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information