Hedge Trimmer

Printable View

• 11-18-2009, 05:02 AM
    Jim Eck
    Hedge Trimmer
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...7PLhZ_5965.jpg

Well, if he didn’t have hedge clippers, then he had no alternative. Two men (who prefer that their names be kept confidential) in Cambridge, New Zealand hauled a lawnmower into the sky with a crane in order to trim a hedge:

The man had expected a real hedge trimmer to turn up on Sunday to mow the hedge, but when he didn’t his mate arrived with his crane and a ride-on mower.

The next thing he knew he was being hoisted up on top of the two-metre high hedge.

“We were supposed to get all dressed up in our Mooloo gear and show people that this is how the Waikato boys mow their hedges.”

The unusual sight bemused passing motorists. One passer-by, Bart Dinger, said it was a classic case of Kiwi ingenuity.

“A kiwi classic – jandals and all,” he said.

One of the pair is being treated for a broken hand that resulted from the stunt.

Jim
  • 11-18-2009, 09:27 AM
    Worf101
    I am laugh...
    As one who's had the chance to dip down to OZ and NZ twice I must say I found the photo and explanations to be "spot on" and absolutely friggin hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Worf
  • 11-18-2009, 10:03 AM
    dakatabg
    Ha ha that is funny
  • 11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
    blackraven
    This is why companies have to pay a lot for product liability insurance in this country. Because stupid people do stupid things like that and get injured. Thats why when you buy a lawn mower it says do not trim bushes with the mower because of risk of serious injury, Some bozo years ago did this and severely injured himself, sued and won. Go figure! Now we all pay for the higher cost and some products don't even make it to market. Thats why there are so few private plane companies.