Happy Thanksgiving!

Printable View

• 10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    To my fellow Canadians. Enjoy the day and all that you have to be thankful for.

:)
  • 10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

Wow, I am so clueless, I thought everyone celebrated when we did. Well, Happy Thanksgiving FA, Kex, and the other Canadians that inhabit and infest this board. LOL

I want some of that turkey, or do you make turkey? :confused:
  • 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Wow, I am so clueless, I thought everyone celebrated when we did. Well, Happy Thanksgiving FA, Kex, and the other Canadians that inhabit and infest this board. LOL

I want some of that turkey, or do you make turkey? :confused:

We only make turkey when we can't get polar bear.

;)
  • 10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
    GMichael
    Don't forget that pie you promised me.

Have a happy TG to you, your family and all the other canucks(sp) on the board.
  • 10-09-2009, 02:06 PM
    JohnMichael
    ForeverAutumn have a great Thanksgiving Holiday along with all the great members in Canada. I am glad your kitchen is ready for all the preperations of the feast. Enjoy your family and friends.
  • 10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Thanks a lot, FA. Have good one yourself.
  • 10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

We only make turkey when we can't get polar bear.

;)

Snicker snicker. I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't like making assumptions. How does polar bear taste?:smilewinkgrin:
  • 10-10-2009, 09:54 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Snicker snicker. I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't like making assumptions. How does polar bear taste?:smilewinkgrin:

It's actually illegal to kill polar bears unless you are a 'native' who has been granted a license from the Canadian Gov't. Or someone who has purchased one of these licenses from a native (for a hefty fee). Because they are an endangered species there is a quota of licenses issued each year. They don't want to abolish the hunt totally because many native communities in the far north rely on the hunt for food and the sale of pelts for income. But that all has nothing to do with Thanksgiving.

I wouldn't call you ignorant Sir T, just uneducated in the ways of Canadians. But don't worry, I'm here to help. :smilewinkgrin:

We celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday of October. And just like the American Thanksgiving, we pig out on Turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin or apple pie and all the usual fixin's.

This year, I'm attempting to make a pumpkin pie from real pumpkins. They're cooking in the microwave as I type this. I'll let you know how it turns out and I'll post the recipe if they turn out well. Wish me luck!
  • 10-10-2009, 09:59 AM
    poppachubby
    Ya eh? Have a good one eh?
  • 10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
    Worf101
    Hey!!!!!
    Where is my Moose Jerky!!!! Or whatever you folks eat up dere fer Thanksgiving! Ah is hongry!!!!! LOL, happy Thanksgiving my Canadian friends and save a slice of pie for your less fortunate southern neighbors... specially moi!!!!!

Da Worfster
  • 10-10-2009, 08:00 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    Where is my Moose Jerky!!!! Or whatever you folks eat up dere fer Thanksgiving! Ah is hongry!!!!! LOL, happy Thanksgiving my Canadian friends and save a slice of pie for your less fortunate southern neighbors... specially moi!!!!!

Da Worfster

We have two moose steaks in the freezer. And my husband is making chili out of ground moose meat this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. :nonod: A friend of his went moose hunting last year and gave him some of the meat. Yuck.
  • 10-11-2009, 06:30 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

We have two moose steaks in the freezer. And my husband is making chili out of ground moose meat this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. :nonod: A friend of his went moose hunting last year and gave him some of the meat. Yuck.

Does it taste like chicken? Everything tastes like chicken. Why noy just have chicken?
  • 10-11-2009, 06:36 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    So what's this? Mr. FA hangs around with someone who shot Bulwinkle? Are you serving Rocky as an appetizer? :nonod:
  • 10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    So what's this? Mr. FA hangs around with someone who shot Bulwinkle? Are you serving Rocky as an appetizer? :nonod:

Nah, squirrels are too hard to catch. But I hear that they do taste like chicken. :wink5:

I only had one small bite of the last moose steak he made because, as a general rule, I don't eat red meat. It was very strong and gamey tasting. Neither of us liked it and he ended up chopping it up and adding it to soup.

BTW, I'm making my second attempt at pumpkin pie this morning. The first batch tasted okay, but it wasn't the flavour that I was going for. It was a Martha Stewart recipe too. This time I'm just winging it! :sosp:
  • 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
    3LB
    Quote:

ohhh...that was this weekend. I wondered why all all the cars in northwest Washington were from Canada :D