• 07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
    recoveryone
    Happy 4th & and how are you using your system today
    First off, Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans we are 235 years old. I got up early this morning fired up the grill and the slabs of ribs, filet mignon, burgers and bacon wrapped Hotdogs all received their full flip and burn treatment. Turned on the Squeezebox and tune in "Last.Fm" selected my Jill Scott station and fully enjoyed the sweet sounds of Neo Soul with a mix of old school artist.
  • 07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
    JohnMichael
    Happy Independence Day to all. I am working until 8pm so the only thing I am doing with my system is missing it. No grilling today but I did make a bowl of corn flakes for the gentleman.
  • 07-04-2011, 09:58 AM
    thekid
    Happy 4th to all my friends on AR!

Main system is running using my Sony Mega CD player/DAc set on shuffle. Later when I am on the patio grilling the Kenwood KA8100/KT8300 combo will be feeding some cheap Insignia outdoor speakers with the NPR feed of the concert at the Capital.
  • 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
    dakatabg
  • 07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
    blackraven
    I'm stuck in a hotel room in Kokomo Indiana without my tunes till friday! After 25 years of working in emergency medicine I am retiring from the emergency dept and moving on to less demanding Urgent Care clinic work. I quit my job in April and I have been flying around the country filling in at hospital emergency dept's that are short on doctors till my new job in a Minneapolis Urgent Care clinic starts in August. I was in Kansas City last week at a trauma center and go back there in 8 days.

I forgot to bring my cans and music for my laptop and there is not much to do here except eat and drink! Any way, I hope every one has enjoyed the weekend and holiday!

Larry
  • 07-04-2011, 06:48 PM
    thekid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    I'm stuck in a hotel room in Kokomo I have been flying around the country filling in at hospital emergency dept's that are short on doctors till my new job in a Minneapolis Urgent Care clinic starts in August.
    Larry

Admirable work. I can identify with flying around and living out of a hotel room.

Not sure if you heard while you have been traveling but Minnesota has been shut down until further notice. In the meantime people are being asked to use South Dakota. :D
  • 07-05-2011, 05:56 AM
    Hyfi
    I'm at the shore without a decent system.

Spent last night on a party boat water taxi getting loaded and wathing the Point Pleasant Fireworks from out in the water. What a blast!.
  • 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Spent the July 4th weekend in Tomales Bay with my dogs. Had some Jimmy Smith's Hammond B3 playing some funky jazz on my ATC 7.1 system while gorging on beer, BBQ Chicken, and watching and listening to the wavelets roll under the house. It does not get any better than that