• 09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
    Robert-The-Rambler
    Guys and Gals I think I just wrote a musical
    At least lyrically. Unfortunately I can't compose music. Singing I'll leave to the professionals. Lately I've been waxing poetic (instead of waxing my balls....) a little bit too much perhaps. Sorry for the crude humor but thats part of the story.

Basically the story is about a completely sexually repressed virgin trying to come to grips with a trip to a strip club on his birthday meanwhile trying to fall in love with a beautiful girl at the same time-the girl he met through a friend at work. Since he is so repressed he can't really express himself physically so he goes off into a John Denver driven romantic haze trying to win her love by singing songs so romantic that a woman would have to have no heart to not be touched emotionally. Can romance be found at a gentlemens club? I don't think that story has ever been told. To quote Billy Joel, "It was sad and it was sweet, and I knew it complete when I wore a younger man's clothes." Will it be the ultimate geek fantasy? We'll just have to wait and see.

Since I was in my teens I wanted to tell a story in song that told my life story as best as I could. I think now I am closer to that than I ever thought I might ever be. Everybody at my current job thinks that I have completely fallen in love with this girl. I'm too afraid to even ask her for her phone number but I've got a completely over the top way of getting it though planned. Over the top is the only way I know how to do it. As I said completely repressed. Is romance still alive here in the 21st century. We hung out the other day? Something happened that triggered this whole epiphany. I don't want to spoil it. Its a damn good story. I'm not totally sure about her feelings for me but as I started writing this incredible collection of poetry I started to paint a picture in 15 or so songs that describe exactly what I am thinking at this moment in time. When I made sure she was coming to my party the other day she said she couldn't wait to get a lap dance. I thought to myself this really could be my dream girl.

Sometimes if you dream hard enough

You can make it real

Even after you wake up

You still have a great piece of art

Or maybe I just need a girl to say take your pants off

Lets go

I wish I knew how to market this stuff. I've had poetry published before. I'm driven to succeed.
  • 09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
    bobsticks
    Random thoughts:

In my experience, when I have had to "set up situations" or "make arrangements" or in any way not be myself the relationship is doomed to fail from a nuts-and-bolts, fundamental way. Ultimately, it's about honesty and acceptance.

After more years of market research than is fair for any single man to have I can unequivocably state that, no, there is not any love to be had in Gentleman's Clubs. If you can stomach emotional unavailability and spit some game and/or provide opiates you can probably get a good waxing though :biggrin5:
  • 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
    Robert-The-Rambler
    Let me tell you this...... the backup plan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    Random thoughts:

In my experience, when I have had to "set up situations" or "make arrangements" or in any way not be myself the relationship is doomed to fail from a nuts-and-bolts, fundamental way. Ultimately, it's about honesty and acceptance.

After more years of market research than is fair for any single man to have I can unequivocably state that, no, there is not any love to be had in Gentleman's Clubs. If you can stomach emotional unavailability and spit some game and/or provide opiates you can probably get a good waxing though :biggrin5:

Bob I've never been more honest with myself or anybody else in my life. Its Here I Go Again.... Just Me.... Being Me. I know I'm not like just about anybody else. I don't just want to be the most romantic guy in this town, state, or country. I want to be the most romantic fool in the world. I've got more pillow talk than just about anybody but right now I've only got one pillow on my bed. I'm looking for that to change.

Already in my experience this work of art that I've been losing sleep over and appetite has been very liberating. When this thing goes public and more women know about it I am definitely not going to have any problem getting waxing, oiling, or just about anything else. It about a man's state of mind right before his birthday party at a strip club and the hope for the hopeless and the dream that through the romanticism that is his true self he can find love in a ridiculous heartwarming, comedic, and reflective way. Can the geek with nothing but a glimmer of hope win the heart of a wild girl even though he is basically starting from scratch. At least my one coworker who I have been pre-releasing the material to is lit up like a Christmas tree and it feels good to make others feel good. She looks at me differently now. This writing is deeply personal yes but if my romanticism can bring out the romance in others than my mission is accomplished. Frank Langella said after a performace of Dracula on Broadway that he had a man walk up to him and say that after the show his wife never made love to him like she did that night. He then said that he knew he did his job. That sticks with me.