Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

Printable View

• 10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Guitar Hero or Rock Band?
    Discuss amongst yourselves.
  • 10-31-2008, 10:17 AM
    kexodusc
    I have both. I find Guitar Hero to be a lot more fun for some reason. The song list for "World Tour" has a lot of wicked bands - Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Dream Theater, Dinosaur Jr, Tool, Jane's Addiction, etc.

Should get off my ass and get it.
  • 10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
    DetroitIrish
    I liked RB better, but dont have either ;)
  • 10-31-2008, 03:34 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I have both. I find Guitar Hero to be a lot more fun for some reason. The song list for "World Tour" has a lot of wicked bands - Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Dream Theater, Dinosaur Jr, Tool, Jane's Addiction, etc.

Should get off my ass and get it.

Dream Theater you say. :thumbsup: :3:
  • 10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitIrish
    I liked RB better, but dont have either ;)

Buy why do you like RB better?
  • 10-31-2008, 03:41 PM
    L.J.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Buy why do you like RB better?

Huh??
  • 11-02-2008, 05:31 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by L.J.
    Huh??

DetroitIrish said that he liked Rock Band (RB) better than Guitar Hero. I was asking him why he liked Rock Band better.
  • 11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
    L.J.
    Quote:

DetroitIrish said that he liked Rock Band (RB) better than Guitar Hero. I was asking him why he liked Rock Band better.

Oh, I was just goofing around. Maybe I should just leave that to Rich & GM :o

Anyways, I was just thinking that additional GH & RB songs are available for download on the playstation network. I'm sure the 360 has the same thing. Perhaps you could look into which one has more of your favorite songs available for download and go from there.

Wouldn't hurt to hunt down the best deal either. I picked up GH 2 & 2 guitars for my kid used on craigslist for only $30.
  • 11-02-2008, 04:51 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by L.J.
    Oh, I was just goofing around. Maybe I should just leave that to Rich & GM :o ...

Know your role :rolleyes:

:biggrin5:
  • 11-03-2008, 05:47 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Here's a picture of the guitar that comes with the game...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...fan/Guitar.jpg

Should be a good fit since girls generally have small hands.

Whaddaya think?
  • 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM
    Groundbeef
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Here's a picture of the guitar that comes with the game...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...fan/Guitar.jpg

Should be a good fit since girls generally have small hands.

Whaddaya think?

I'd say that if the size of your guitar is indicitive of the size of your XXXXS you are in trouble Rich!:crazy:
  • 11-03-2008, 07:02 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    I'd say that if the size of your guitar is indicitive of the size of your XXXXS you are in trouble Rich!:crazy:

OOOOOhhhh!
    Easy fighters, and no more shots below the waist...
  • 11-03-2008, 08:11 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    No beef, if I can hold a guitar with just two fingers, that means quite the opposite of what you're trying to get across. :p

(You might also want to pay attention to all that manly hair on my knuckles)

:ihih:
  • 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
    Groundbeef
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    No beef, if I can hold a guitar with just two fingers, that means quite the opposite of what you're trying to get across. :p

(You might also want to pay attention to all that manly hair on my knuckles)

:ihih:

Well, it's nice to see that you are shaving your palms. :skep:
  • 11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    DAMMIT!!! Shut up! :incazzato:
  • 11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
    L.J.
    Knock it off you two. I'll pull this car over, and I mean it!
  • 11-03-2008, 11:20 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    He started it!

Irregardless, where's the Canucklehead that started this thread? She didn't lay out any ground rules. :rolleyes:
  • 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
    Groundbeef
    Yeah, some hot chick starts showing off her boobee's and now WE have to calm down?
  • 11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    We'll knock it off topic. That'll pi$$ her off. :ihih:
  • 11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
    Woochifer
    Until Rock Band does "Ace of Spades" it's Guitar Hero all the way... :cool:
  • 11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Until Rock Band does "Ace of Spades" it's Guitar Hero all the way... :cool:

Thanks for steering this one back on topic.
    These kids have been getting out of hand lately.
  • 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I'm trying much harder these days to feel guilty when I do that. :yesnod:
  • 11-04-2008, 07:05 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Well, it looks like it'll be Guitar Hero. Hubby and I went into BB last night for something else and they had a GH display. Neither of us had ever played before so we decided to test it out and had to force ourselves to leave a half hour later because we had other errands to run.

There's a pretty good deal on a GH3 bundle that has two wireless guitars for only $10 more than the newest World Tour bundle with only one guitar. I'll probably own it before the weekend is over. :5:

Then I can get someone to buy me the World Tour game for Xmas. :)
  • 11-04-2008, 07:09 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Well, it looks like it'll be Guitar Hero. Hubby and I went into BB last night for something else and they had a GH display. Neither of us had ever played before so we decided to test it out and had to force ourselves to leave a half hour later because we had other errands to run.

There's a pretty good deal on a GH3 bundle that has two wireless guitars for only $10 more than the newest World Tour bundle with only one guitar. I'll probably own it before the weekend is over. :5:

Then I can get someone to buy me the World Tour game for Xmas. :)

GH III is a lot of fun, and you can probalby snarf GH II up dirt cheap in any used game store. To be honest, I liked the songs on that one a bit more, but III is a bit more fun to play with 2 players.

The wireless guitars are the way to go IMO, I have one wireless, one wired. When you're jumping, kicking, and going Van Halen on your controller, the last thing you want to do is rip the USB cable out of the xbox....