Greek Mythology... which one are you?

My oldest has to do a report on a Greek God or Goddess...

Here is the short list & descriptions to follow...

Which one are you most like & why?

Aphrodite ~ Goddess of love, romance, and beauty. Her son was Eros, god of Love (though he is not an Olympian.) Strengths: Potent sexual attractiveness, dazzling beauty.
    Weaknesses: A bit stuck on herself, but with a perfect face and body, who can blame her?

Apollo ~ Beautiful god of the sun, light, medicine, and music. Apollo's Strengths: Creative, handsome, supportive of all the arts of civilization.
    Weaknesses: Like his father Zeus, Apollo is all too happy to enjoy the charms of nymphs, as well as the occasional youth, and his conquests number in the dozens.

Ares ~ Dark god of war who loves Aphrodite. Strengths: Decisive, determined, fearless.
    Weaknesses:Impulsive, bloodthirsty, raring for a fight regardless of the consequences

Artemis ~ Independent goddess of the hunt, the forest, wildlife, childbirth, and the moon. Sister to Apollo. Strengths: Physically strong, able to defend herself, defender and guardian of women in childbirth and of wildlife in general.
    Weaknesses/Quirks: Dislikes men, whom she sometimes orders torn apart if they see her bathing. Opposes the institution of marriage and the subsequent loss of freedom it entails for women.

Athena ~ Daughter of Zeus and goddess of wisdom, war, and crafts.
    Strengths: Rational, intelligent, a powerful defender in war but also a potent peacemaker.
    Weaknesses: Reason rules her; she is not usually emotional or compassionate but she does have her favorites.

Demeter ~ Goddess of agriculture and mother of Persephone. Strengths: Demeter controls the fertility of the earth as goddess of Agriculture; also gives life after death to those who learn her Mysteries.
    Weaknesses: Not one to cross lightly. After the kidnapping of her daughter Persephone, Demeter blights the earth and won't let the plants grow. But who can blame her?

Hephaestus ~ Lame god of fire and the forge. Strengths: Creative, cunning, an able metal worker
    Weaknesses:Can't handle his liquor; can be crafty and vindictive.

Hera ~ Wife of Zeus, protector of marriage, familiar with magic. Strengths: Determined defender of the sanctity of marriage and monogamy.
    Weaknesses: determined defender of the sanctity of marriage and monogamy - but married Zeus.

Hermes ~ The speedy messenger of the gods, god of business. Strengths: Clever, bold, determined, athletic, a powerful magician. Can charm monsters with his flute or lyre music.
    Weaknesses: No major weakness unless you count seldom staying still for long. Hermes has it together.

Hestia ~ Calm goddess of home and homelife, symbolized by the hearth which holds the continually-burning flame. Strengths: Constant, calm, gentle, and supportive of the family and home.
    Her Weaknesses: Cool emotionally.

Poseidon ~ God of the sea, horses, and of earthquakes. Strengths:
    A creative god, designing all the creatures of the sea.
    Weaknesses: Warlike, though not so much as Ares; moody and unpredictable.

Zeus ~ Supreme lord of gods, god of the sky, symbolized by the thunderbolt. Strengths: Highly powerful, strong, charming, persuasive.
    Zeus's Weaknesses: Gets in trouble over love affairs, can be moody.
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Dionysus or Bacchus

God of wine, parties/festivals, madness and merriment. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences. His symbols are the grape vine, ivy, and thyrsus.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Athena for sure. Rational and intelligent. That's me...well, most of the time. Although I am compassionate, I'm not an overtly emotional person.

Suspended
    I'm Posiden. You know, like the ship!

I WANNA be what JM is!

No wait! I wanna be Zeus.

Rich, you can't just copy what JM says!

And either you are Zeus or your not, so which is it?
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Suspended
    Oooooookkaaaaaayyy. I wanna be Zeus. :kicks dirt:

Priapus. Son of Dionysus and Aphrodite. God of fields and herds, thus of fertility; he carried a big...stick...What's not to like?

Thread Information