Thread: Goodbye to All

Forum Regular

Goodbye to All

I had a growing feeling that my posts were being ignored, especially after being called a "nut job." My last post was as well, and the thread very quickly degenerated into a trivial discussion. I realized that I am wasting my time here.

I came back after being gone a while, and found this to be a very chummy place, but not my place. I have deleted my PM's, and am going to remove this site from my list of favorites. I don't plan to return. A long time ago, this site rocked, but not now.

Laz

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    I had a growing feeling that my posts were being ignored, especially after being called a "nut job." My last post was as well, and the thread very quickly degenerated into a trivial discussion. I realized that I am wasting my time here.
    Was your last post in a political discussion Laz? If so, then yes, this isn't the site for you. If this was a politcs forum, I'd have never come here. As it is, and as I've said, I'm going to try harder to avoid any threads that start out as or dennigrate into, political flame wars. I'm here to gain knowledge, share as best I can what I've learned, talk about music and have fun. If THAT's what you came here for then you shouldn't leave. I have no beef with you, I enjoy reading what you've got to say and I try to respond to those posts which I can relate to. Let the name calling roll off, it's not that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz
    I came back after being gone a while, and found this to be a very chummy place, but not my place. I have deleted my PM's, and am going to remove this site from my list of favorites. I don't plan to return. A long time ago, this site rocked, but not now.

Laz
    I heard that a long time ago this place was run by mods with too much bias, and too much interest in making people think their way was the only way. I don't see that anymore, for the most part.

Do what you must though. "To each his own."

Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl

Laz
    Sorry to read this Laz,

I personally don't respond to many of your posts because you seem to be a very serious person. I'm just a big joker and figured that you would not enjoy my trivial comments. But I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and am sad to think that I will not get a chance to read anymore. They were very thought out and well written IMO. If you do read this, I hope you will reconsider your decision.

Mike
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Laz, you have to admit that you do have a unique perspective sometimes. But I enjoy reading your posts.

As for the thread turning trivial, well that does happen around here. But everyone just wants to have fun. Don't take it personally. If I were upset by every thread that I started that no one responded to or every post that I made that seemed to be thread killer, I'd have been gone years ago.

But if aren't enjoying your time here, I wish you well and hope that you can find someplace where you'll feel more at home.

JSE
    Hate to see you go Laz. Whenever I see that you have left a post, I always read it. Might not always agree with it but I alwasy read it.

That being said, you've got to be around (virtually or not) people that you are confortable with. If this site is not for you, who are we to tell you differently. Only you can make that choice. So again, I hate to see you go but I can understand your decision.

Here's to hoping you hang around a while longer,

JSE

What Rich says

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Was your last post in a political discussion Laz? If so, then yes, this isn't the site for you. If this was a politcs forum, I'd have never come here. As it is, and as I've said, I'm going to try harder to avoid any threads that start out as or dennigrate into, political flame wars. I'm here to gain knowledge, share as best I can what I've learned, talk about music and have fun. If THAT's what you came here for then you shouldn't leave. I have no beef with you, I enjoy reading what you've got to say and I try to respond to those posts which I can relate to. Let the name calling roll off, it's not that hard to do.

Do what you must though. "To each his own."
    It would be an understatement to say that I don't always agree with Rich on political matters. But I agree that you can come here for audio discussion just ignore the Off-Topic and other stuff with an political tone.

But even in the audio realm opinions can be strong and you run the risk of being call an "nut case" or worse. For that matter, you run that risk on most online forums regardless of the primary area of interest. If you can't separate attacks on your ideas for attacks on your person, stay away from the Internet. If you can't stand attacks on your ideas, sit back and watch the TV network of your choice, be it FOX or MSNBC.

The more the merrier I say

Thread Information