Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Good vs. Well

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    That little article is a feeble and ultimately invalid attempt to rationalize incorrect, though recently popular, English usage. But what would someone from Bush country know about English usage?

If one's health is good, then one is well. If one is good, one does what one's mommy tells one to do.
    Yep, definitely in your camp on that one
    (appart from the Bush thing of course, don't want to make any enemies!)

Suspended
    Think I'll go hang out in my New Beer thread. Too much anger and aggression in this one.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Wow, a whole page of sparring and still on topic. Good done, all. Good done.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    "Your still evil Sticks!"
    Er....that's you're, ya know....

(Ducking)
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Er....that's you're, ya know....

(Ducking)

Oiy! I need to stop typing while enjoying a brew.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    ....................Nicely said.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Well, this thread is kinda like a Sienfeld episode: a comedy about nothing.

Thanks....Neumann!

Suspended
    Hello... Jerry!

Woooah...

"Honey I need your help with sumpthin."
    (Worf to his puddin pie who works at CDPC "Capital District Psychiactric Center aka "the looney bin", "Funny Farm", "Snake Pit", "Laughing Academy" etc...)

"Honey Pie, I want you to read something?"
    (she shuffles in adjusts her glasses and peers at screen)

"Whaddya think puddin? Candidate for your line of work?"

"Well he does seem to have an anger management problem... All of this from a few grammar corrections?"

"Yepper."

"What does he look like."
    (Worf points at avatar)

"That's a hero of his?"

'Yeah Cartman."

"Does this guy actually wear pants?"

"I dunno, but I sincerely hope so."

"Hmmm I'll consulte with my colleagues tomorrow and see if we can get him some help."

"Thanks durlin' you're the greatest!"

Hold on grass skirt, help is on da way.

Da Worfster

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Haha that's funny my dad hates it when Americans (excuse me if this is wrong but I mostly hear it in the US) use 'good'.
    When a guy or ugly woman asks me how I am I say well. When a foxy lady asks me how I am I say good.

RR6

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    How are you RR6?

(answer very carefully )

Good FA, very, very good! I do cute Canucks too! Want to meet up in Moose Jaw sometime?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Good FA, very, very good! I do cute Canucks too! Want to meet up in Moose Jaw sometime?
    Ummm... she's married leg-humper.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    (Worf to his puddin pie who works at CDPC "Capital District Psychiactric Center aka "the looney bin", "Funny Farm", "Snake Pit", "Laughing Academy" etc...)

"Well he does seem to have an anger management problem... All of this from a few grammar corrections?"

"Yepper."

(Worf points at avatar)

"That's a hero of his?"

'Yeah Cartman."

"Hmmm I'll consulte with my colleagues tomorrow and see if we can get him some help."

Da Worfster

Please don't take him away until after he's sent me the beer okay?

Yeah Rich, If I told my wife I was going up to Moose Jaw for an audio convention, the first thing she would say in almost perfect Engrish is " where the f**k is Moose Jaw? (she learned that kind of talk from her American husband).

I was riding up the chair one cold and clear morning at Mount Spokane. Voices really carried in the thin air. There were lots of Canadians there that day. About five chairs up was a visiting Canadian skiier and Sally, the foxiest ski instructor on the mountain. Everyone was carrying on the normal conversations like "isn't it a great day for skiing" and "where are you from?". Suddenly, as I just looked up the mouintain, she turned to him and in a very loud voice that everyone up and down the chairs could hear she said, "Where the f**k is Moose Jaw"? Everyone was howling. Of course, Moose Jaw is in Sachatchewan, but if you have never heard the name of the city it sounds rather humorous at first (like maybe where Sarah Palin was born)

RR6.
    Last edited by RoadRunner6; 12-05-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Suspended
    Thanks for that RR6.

I didn't mean any offense when I said leg-humper, I was just giving FA an example of what one might say to a girl on a largely male dominated discussion board.

(She thinks I'm a pervert don't ya know?)

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Yeah Rich, If I told my wife I was going up to Moose Jaw for an audio convention, the first thing she would say in almost perfect Engrish is " where the f**k is Moose Jaw? (she learned that kind of talk from her American husband).

I was riding up the chair one cold and clear morning at Mount Spokane. Voices really carried in the thin air. There were lots of Canadians there that day. About five chairs up was a visiting Canadian skiier and Sally, the foxiest ski instructor on the mountain. Everyone was carrying on the normal conversations like "isn't it a great day for skiing" and "where are you from?". Suddenly, as I just looked up the mouintain, she turned to him and in a very loud voice that everyone up and down the chairs could hear she said, "Where the f**k is Moose Jaw? Everyone was howling. Of course, Moose Jaw is in Sachatchewan, but if you have never heard the name of the city it sounds rather humorous at first (like maybe where Sarah Palin was born)

RR6.

Well, my wife's from Bad Axe.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101

"Yepper."

(Worf points at avatar)

"That's a hero of his?"

'Yeah Cartman."

Da Worfster
    Make it fast buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Richy Rich
    Please don't take him away until after he's sent me the beer okay?
    No worries! Already sent.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    No worries! Already sent.
    I know. I wonder, do you insure the package when you send it? What value? What happens if one bottle breaks, the package handler smells it, opens the box and drinks the unbroken one? That would suck, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Thanks for that RR6.

I didn't mean any offense when I said leg-humper, I was just giving FA an example of what one might say to a girl on a largely male dominated discussion board.

Yes, thank you Rich, because I don't get enough examples of that on a daily basis.

And it's not true. I don't think that you're a pervert. I just think that you could benefit from some friendly female company to calm you down.

JSE
    I know. I wonder, do you insure the package when you send it? What value? What happens if one bottle breaks, the package handler smells it, opens the box and drinks the unbroken one? That would suck, really.

I used lots of Bubble Wrap!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    One of my favorites is done and finished. Remember cakes are done and people are finished. The cake is done. I finished the report.
    You are so done.

BTW, I recently became aware that the Brits are careful to distinguish between "naught" and "zero," but Americans (typically) just say "oh" for either. Bad Americans - "nothing" for us.

Laz
    Last edited by trollgirl; 12-05-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Yes, thank you Rich, because I don't get enough examples of that on a daily basis.

And it's not true. I don't think that you're a pervert. I just think that you could benefit from some friendly female company to calm you down.
    Yeah. She says that then she teases me with a kissy wink.

Happy 5K FA. I consider this group very lucky to have a girl (gal, lady, female, woman, babe, hottie, dame, broad) like you here for the evenhanded style with which you deal with the male personalities that live here.

(Me... I like to fantasize about you and me...together.........)

Thanks for that RR6.

I know all about leg humping Rich. My brother-in-law in Japan has a long-haired Dachsund named Musashi that humps my leg all the time. He refuses to get the dog fixed, thinks it will lower his manhood (or is it doghood) somehow, typical Japanese chauvanistic attitude. I looked at my leg one time and it is not even that sexy!

I know FA is not offended as she must get my very dry humor by now. Anyway her "how are you RR6" come back was very cute. I like Canadians you know, my grandmother was a Whitefish Montanan Irish Woman via Canada. They are great people in spite of their funny accent and lousy hockey teams!

RR6
    Last edited by RoadRunner6; 12-05-2008 at 10:10 PM.

How could I ever get upset with someone who quotes Jabberwocky?! Once upon a time I knew the whole poem by heart. Besides, I love your dry humour. Why, I'd almost think that you were a member of the Commonwealth with humour like that. Canadians and Brits seem to enjoy that dry humour.

And Rich, thanks for the 5K good wishes and kind words. I never even noticed the 5000. And I'd better hope that my boss never notices either. I've been spending too much work time on this site lately I'm afraid. I should probably scale back...but you guys are just way more fun than my job!

On that note, it's time to pack it in and go home for the weekend!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information