Thread: Game 1

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Angry Game 1

Back in the day when the general forum was open to every topic, I am sure we would have seen some bantering back and forth on the Yanks/Red Sox series. C'mon my northeastern brethren, how about a little heated discussion on this regional rivalry that has become of national interest?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Back in the day when the general forum was open to every topic, I am sure we would have seen some bantering back and forth on the Yanks/Red Sox series. C'mon my northeastern brethren, how about a little heated discussion on this regional rivalry that has become of national interest?

My heart says 'Go Sox', but if I were a betting man, I'd have to bet on the Yankees. I'm actually rooting for the Cardinals to win it all though.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlisten2
    My heart says 'Go Sox', but if I were a betting man, I'd have to bet on the Yankees. I'm actually rooting for the Cardinals to win it all though.
    The Cards are a solid pick. When Seattle had the best record in baseball I didn't think they had what it takes to win the world series. I think the Cards do.

Although the Yanks seem to always rise to the occasion, you can see a few holes in their game. The BoSox? I don't know. I'd love to see them win, but Francona made some Bobby Cox-like decisions last night and they definitely have some holes that can be exploited. (I would give the Yanks the managerial and psychological edge. They both appear deficient in left field.)

I think the Astros are considered a world series tune up for the Cards. This might make them dangerous.

Thread Information