Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Circle the wagons!!! The injuns are comin'!!!!

Who says that humans don't have a herd instinct?
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    A cynic might say the our the current administration may be trying to dole out a few more "no-bid goodies" to their cronies under the guise of a bailout. However I have heard there has been a few Freedom of Information filings demanding some transparency. I can't see the current Fed Chair and the Treasury Secretary trying to do anything other than what they said they were going to do in this process. Some lower level political appointees might be a different story......

nightflier

So are you suggesting that....

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    A cynic might say the our the current administration may be trying to dole out a few more "no-bid goodies" to their cronies under the guise of a bailout. However I have heard there has been a few Freedom of Information filings demanding some transparency. I can't see the current Fed Chair and the Treasury Secretary trying to do anything other than what they said they were going to do in this process. Some lower level political appointees might be a different story......
    ...As soon as the Obama team gets a hold of the reigns, the party will be over? Or maybe the lame ducks are trying to sink the ship before the rescue boat can arrive? Maybe those spineless Pelosi-Dems can actually do something useful this fall and keep the Titanic from sinking completely?

Feanor, impaling doesn't bring the message home to the four corners of the empire. How about some good old drawing & quartering and then displaying the four rotting pieces in the town squares of Washington, Chicago, Dallas, and LA, William-Wallace style? That ought to keep the rest of the bankers, career politicians, and their lawyers in line! But I guess that's not PC anymore... Well I'll settle for some tar & feathers, then. But it's got to be public.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    That request insistance was positively byzantine. In a simpler time these guys wouln't just be impeached, they'd be impaled.
    Feanor, sometimes I find your brand of liberalism, ahem, mystifying. I mean, big government is doing it for big business. I'd have thought a union guy would be all for it. In any case, I find myself in agreement...as improbable as that sounds.

As someone who has become an unwilling investor in some of the biggest, most horribly mismanaged companies in the country I have to wonder what type of ROI I'll be getting when this cycle comes full circle and it's business as usual.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

nightflier
    Not to add to the impaling/drawing-quartering/tar-feathering sentiment, but it seems our friends at AIG are again showing us tax-payers how they're spending our money. You'd think after getting caught the first time getting $800 mani-pedis that they'd stop the shenanigans, but not really. This time, they actually went to some length to hide the fact that they were pissing away my tax dollars, and in McCain's home state, too.

AIG Execs Hold Another Luxury Retreat
    from http://www.democracynow.org/2008/11/12/headlines#10

Executives at the government-rescued insurance giant AIG have been caught holding another secretive gathering at a luxury resort. Using hidden cameras, local ABC News reporters filmed AIG execs poolside at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. AIG has admitted to asking the hotel to ensure there were no AIG signs and to instruct staff not to mention its presence. It’s at least the second known resort getaway for AIG brass since their government rescue. In September, company executives held a week-long, nearly half-a-million-dollar retreat at a luxury resort just days after receiving an initial $85 billion in taxpayer money. On Monday, the Bush administration said it would give AIG an additional $40 billion, bringing its taxpayer tab to $150 billion so far.

OK, if we're not going to tar and feather anyone, can somebody please explain to me why we don't just take the money back? I mean at this point I'd sure as hell rather give it to the automakers who are at least agreeing to some spending restrictions to goalong with their check. Hell, why not just give that money to public schools, as a Christmas present? It sure as hell would go a lot farther than spending it on luxury vacations.

Suspended
    Hey flyboy, check out this thread: Audio Engineers It's just BEGGING for your participation.

nightflier

There, are you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Hey flyboy, check out this thread: Audio Engineers It's just BEGGING for your participation.
    Yes, that was fun. Now watch the sparks fly.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information