Women, sex and money....

Explains what I already knew simply from observation. I found it funny though the thought of women tricking, metrosexuals into raising the kids of BadBoys and cretins. Funny...like a friggin root canal.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5536873.ece

So if your ex was/is a gold diggin' skank, there's a genetic reason for it.

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Explains what I already knew simply from observation. I found it funny though the thought of women tricking, metrosexuals into raising the kids of BadBoys and cretins. Funny...like a friggin root canal.

Da Worfster
    So where's the news, eh? Lack of money leads to a dearth of women and sex: story of my life.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I have one question...

If this is true...where the hell is my husband hiding all his cash?

Da Worfster
    None of this explains why women fall for ‘bad boys’ or lumber jacks etc. Or why middle aged bald business men can’t get laid.

Me thinks that when the survey was taken, they’d ask women involved with boring, but rich guys, ‘Do you have an orgasm with him?’ They say yes, even when the answer is really no. It’s just like all those surveys that say that looks don’t count. People lie on those surveys. Or maybe they even believe what they are saying, but when it comes time to choose a sex partner, better looking almost always wins out. Money wins out when it comes to 'I do.' (but they really don't)
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Yeah....

Yeah, it's not a perfect theory... The female attraction to bad boys is the hard wired desire for a virile, masculine male. According to this paper, she's attracted to Brando during her period, other than then it's Montgomery Clift she's looking for. To me money and fame are the ulitmate aprodesiacs in American culture. You can ba as charismatic as a fence post but if you're loaded, you're golden.

Worf

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    None of this explains why women fall for ‘bad boys’ or lumber jacks etc. Or why middle aged bald business men can’t get laid.
    I think it's more complex that what was stated. There may, indeed, be a connection between perceived virility and a genetic hardwiring but female emotional training and culture play a role as well.

Women are taught from a very early age to be nurturing and not be angry.Faultless execution of this expectation is obviously unreailistic. Turned inwards, anger often turns to pain. Ask a woman in emotional upheaval to term the emotional response and she'll more than likely say "hurt".

It is no coincidence that most "bad boys" are very angry people. Some women are drawn to the often demonstrative freedom of expression without regard to the question of longterm stability or problem solving apparatus. Further, "nurturing" is often mistaken or misinterpreted as "caretaking' or, in other words. de facto adult babysitting.

...or it just might be the money.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

The story has it that when Henry Kissinger was in China with Nixon, a Chinese leader how he got dates with so many attractive women, Kissinger reply, "Power is a great aphrodisiac".

It might be true that very successful men exude confidence and ease ... or it could be just the money, (like 'Sticks says).

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I have one question...

If this is true...where the hell is my husband hiding all his cash?
    It's all rolled up and .. ... ......
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

A mans Status is known to be a strong attraction for many women (not all) you all can go back to your high school days and see it forming right there. BMOC (Big Man On Campus) no matter if he's a Thug, Jock or Class Pres, his status among their peers is an attraction. Money just transcends that theory as we Americans view wealth as Power and Status. Anytime someone is introduce with a title in front of their name, we start a whole new thought pattern about that person. Just as with my cousin, for now on she will be introduce as Grammy Nominated Blah Blah Blah Blah, and people will take notice.

I heard a few use terms like successful? that is a key factor because success can be on many different levels: Money, education, Political position, or even down to supervisor at the local plant. So again it really goes back to that old saying: "you can be a big fish in a small pond" take that same man and put him in another environment with other successful men and see how he stacks up and his ability to attract even the same woman.
    Last edited by recoveryone; 02-16-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Now lets take this another level based on looks; now for me the one term I hate to be called is handsome. To me its like your ok, but you better have other assets to get anywhere with me. I will list a few expression and see if anyone can identify with them, first I will list what I have hear women say about men:

1. OMG= pantie dropping looks, does not need anything else(instant physical reaction)

2. Fine as Hell= worthy of a onenight stand without saying a word

3. Fine=Same as above, but needs a little game (conversation)

4.Hmmm=Something about him, just can"t put a finger on it (Athletic build, strong jaw line, hair or sharp dresser)

5.Handsome=reliable, safe, ok (better have several other assets= Money, Status, Good lover)

6.Alright=do in a pinch, not seen in public often together

Now for the men about women:

1.Damn!=Celebrity looks (instant physical reaction)

2.Fine=usually has some physical assets the appeals to that man

3.Good looking= the way she wear her hair/dress/walks/talk, may not turn everyone head

4.Alright=do in a pinch, he will deny the relationship (just friends)

Now with men its mainly physical, a women could be sitting at a bus stop and catch a mans eye, but for women there better something else or he will get no chance.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Just wait 'til my new product hits the market. It's a spray that you can take anywhere called "Ho-Be-Gone (for the Discerning Gentleman)".

Personally, I like the titile "Skank-B-Gone" just a bit better...it just seems to flow.

In any case, put me down for a baker's dozen...

Now to be fair...

I didn't want this thread to turn completely into a woman bashing bonanza (no matter HOW much they might deserve it). You know that for a long, long time skanks were the exception not the rule. For centuries our mothers, wives and sisters were dutiful, faithful (mostly) and loving creatures who put up with a raft of chite for the sake of the family. Well those days are done... for the most part, and I primarly blame Oprah for this situation. Now women have to be "fulfilled" and happy and have career and purpose.... which is fine. But there can only be one man per household and we KNOW it ain't Stedman!!!

Worf

Man!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    Now lets take this another level based on looks; now for me the one term I hate to be called is handsome. To me its like your ok, but you better have other assets to get anywhere with me. I will list a few expression and see if anyone can identify with them, first I will list what I have hear women say about men:

1. OMG= pantie dropping looks, does not need anything else(instant physical reaction)

2. Fine as Hell= worthy of a onenight stand without saying a word

3. Fine=Same as above, but needs a little game (conversation)

4.Hmmm=Something about him, just can"t put a finger on it (Athletic build, strong jaw line, hair or sharp dresser)

5.Handsome=reliable, safe, ok (better have several other assets= Money, Status, Good lover)

6.Alright=do in a pinch, not seen in public often together

Now for the men about women:

1.Damn!=Celebrity looks (instant physical reaction)

2.Fine=usually has some physical assets the appeals to that man

3.Good looking= the way she wear her hair/dress/walks/talk, may not turn everyone head

4.Alright=do in a pinch, he will deny the relationship (just friends)

Now with men its mainly physical, a women could be sitting at a bus stop and catch a mans eye, but for women there better something else or he will get no chance.
    Man are you out of your gotdamn mind? You're NOT supposed to be giving away state secrets like this!!!! On the internet!!!! FOR FREEEEEE!!!! How am I gonna make any retirement money now. We were supposed to right a book, like "Womin's is from Neptune Men are from Uranus" or some such drivel and make plenty o' cash!!!! Not the lexicon and cat is out of hte bag... Idjit!!!! LOL on the real side, your categories are absolutely 100% spot on. Sigh more's the pity.

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I didn't want this thread to turn completely into a woman bashing bonanza (no matter HOW much they might deserve it). You know that for a long, long time skanks were the exception not the rule. For centuries our mothers, wives and sisters were dutiful, faithful (mostly) and loving creatures who put up with a raft of chite for the sake of the family. Well those days are done... for the most part, and I primarly blame Oprah for this situation. Now women have to be "fulfilled" and happy and have career and purpose.... which is fine. But there can only be one man per household and we KNOW it ain't Stedman!!!

Worf
    LMAO!

It takes two to tango...

In reality, women have always had base desires and greed. Perhaps, the ability to explore those things actively within the boundaries of societal norms is recent but, y'know,...buy the ticket, take the ride.

Messages in the media, corporatism, real-and-true descrimination all act in concert to form women's world view at a very young age.

BUT, and that's a big but, the conmpany we keep is generally a direct reflection of us. I find it instructive to look at my role and expectations in relationships when I find myself drifting into "Captain Save-A-Ho" area.

**** Oprah...

Women are taking over.

(And we deserve it)

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Women are taking over.

(And we deserve it)
    In Hollywood, a certain agenda is taking over and we don't deserve that. Name a few recent positive male role models...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    In Hollywood, a certain agenda is taking over and we don't deserve that. Name a few recent positive male role models...
    I can't name any positive role models of either sex. But that may have something to do with my short term memory... uh.... uhm.....huh? What was I saying?

Forum Regular
    "I gotta hot rod Ford and a two dollar bill and I know a place right over the hill"

- Hank Williams

Forum Regular
    Money is key to a good life, so it's not surprising that women are attracted to it way more than to your great personality.

Forum Regular
    You're being a little bit too dramatic. Not all women are going to be with you only because you own a fortune. If you're a bad person, money won't make you an angel. Of course, having money is great, but I even play Slots that are free, so making a fortune is definitely not about me, and maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

Thread Information