Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First concert

1975, Steve Miller Band, and the previous incarnation of Judas Priest (they were a Blues Band!) opened.

Best concert? Really hard to say after going to hundreds of shows, but lots of energy for The Who at Reunion Arena in Dallas Texas in the mid-'80's. Black Sabbath shows are at the top of my list as well. Van Halen in the late 70's (1st album) was one-hell-of-a-show too! My first wife drug me there, and I'm as ashamed as the previous poster to admit this, but Neil Diamond was a memorable show too

Robert
    Damn.....no list of best concert's would be complete without mentioning RUSH !
    Projector: JVC DLA-SX21U (LCOS 1.5m Pixel)
    Lens: Panamorph PSO-SX21
    Screen: 133" 16:9
    AVR: Denon (Flagship) 5800
    LRC-Mains: Definitive Technology (Flagship) BP3000-TL
    Surrounds: Atlantic Technology (Flush-Mount) System 20eSR
    LFE-Subwoofer: Sunfire True Subwoofer
    HD Satellite / DVR: VIP DVR622 Receiver (30+ Hrs of HD)
    HD VCR: JVC SR-VD400US Pro D-VHS (True 1080i transmission via Component)

Dedicated Home Theater Specs & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by robert393
    1975, Steve Miller Band, and the previous incarnation of Judas Priest (they were a Blues Band!) opened.

Best concert? Really hard to say after going to hundreds of shows, but lots of energy for The Who at Reunion Arena in Dallas Texas in the mid-'80's. Black Sabbath shows are at the top of my list as well. Van Halen in the late 70's (1st album) was one-hell-of-a-show too! My first wife drug me there, and I'm as ashamed as the previous poster to admit this, but Neil Diamond was a memorable show too

Robert
    Damn.....no list of best concert's would be complete without mentioning RUSH !
    Best? I didn't know we were doing best. Rush was great all 4 times I saw them. AC/DC did a great job of warming up for Rush on their Farewell to Kings tour.
    Yes was great both times I saw them. VH was good. Black Sabbath kicked butt on their black & blue tour. (Blue Orster Cult toured with them in the early 80's)
    Ted Nuggent was great too, all 6 times I saw him. A-Smith was fantasic in the reunion tour. The Monkeys were a joke, but were still fun. Gee, there are so many more that I haven't mentioned. The best? Tough choice. Hmmmmm... Ummmmm...
    Can I have a few days to think about it?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

...SJUs Alumni Hall...the Beach Boys and Buffalo Springfield...the Strawberry Alarm Clock was a no-show...musta' missed their wake-up call...

Best one? At the now-defuct Singer Bowl in Flushing Meadows...The Soft Machine...the Chambers Brothers...Big Brother and the Holding Co. featuring Janis Joplin AND The Jimi Hendrix Experience all on one bill...tickets were less than $10 as I recall and the concert lasted forever...

Best surprise act? Stevie Wonder and Wonderland...opened for the Stones at MSG and blew 'em away IMHO...

jimHJJ(...almost forty years ago...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Linear Guy

couldn't hear for 2 days

Brownsville Station, LC Walker Arena, Muskegon Mich. 1971.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

...and you guys are embarrassed by Neal Diamond?!

Ratt, followed almost immediatly by Duran Duran, The Sisters of Mercy,Front 242 and Yngwie Malmsteen. The '80s were a very confusing time to grow up, and I can only assume that I'm still adjusting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information