• 10-31-2008, 08:12 PM
    Styx
    Filed my 1st dispute on Ebay/Paypal
    Never received the item and no communication from the seller about shipping, tracking#, etc.. It was under $25 so it's no hardship but I'll see it thru. I guess it was only a matter of time before I'd have to endure the process. This should be fun.:D
  • 10-31-2008, 09:19 PM
    atomicAdam
    Have fun with that. I guess that is why I am a craigslist and then by hand type of person. Though, the few ebay transactions i have had have been good, and under $5.\

let us know how it turns out.
  • 11-01-2008, 05:10 AM
    Styx
    I like Craigslist too. My biggest problem with CL is I live a little too far out of the selling area (Wash, Dc & surrounding suburbs). I'm about 35 miles SE of Wash, DC. and most item of interest are on average 50+miles away. So getting over to them is difficult during the week, mainly because I work 25 miles south of where I live, which really put my out of the running Monday-Friday. Weekends are my only obtion and by that time pickings are slim.

My local CL (Southern Maryland) there very little of interest.
  • 11-01-2008, 06:12 AM
    02audionoob
    I've filed disputes on eBay and PayPal a few times. I got the desired settlement every time.
  • 11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
    Styx
    Well there's some good news.
  • 11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
    Styx
    Here's a CL score from today. These two were about 25 miles from home and went for $25 for the pair.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...P1060692_1.jpg
  • 11-02-2008, 05:36 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    I love those old Technics receivers. That one looks to be in pretty good shape!
  • 11-02-2008, 07:31 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Everytime I see those beautiful silver faced, wood-sided receivers I kick myself for giving away my good old Pioneer SX-450.
  • 11-02-2008, 07:43 AM
    02audionoob
    There's a Marantz 2325 offered on craigslist and the seller says to make an offer. I'm wondering what to offer. I suppose someone will offer the kind of money the 2325's bring on that world-famous auction site, but I wonder if maybe I could luck into a real deal.
  • 11-02-2008, 09:32 AM
    Styx
    I love the older stuff with all the buttons, switches, levers and knobs.....I guess it's a way for me to hang onto my youth. LOL The receiver is in excellent shape, very clean.

Rich-n-Texas,

I know what you mean.....I let a couple of pieces go and now regret it. I'm now trying to replace those pieces from Ebay and CL. I know it's not the same as having the originals but it will have to do.

02audionoob,

They're going on Ebay for $350 and up. Make an offer...remember it's a starting point and go from there. If it's too low then ask him what he's looking for. You might get lucky.
  • 11-04-2008, 03:35 AM
    Styx
    Well, the seller refunded the money early this morning......he never did say what happened item. So now there's a little extra in my paypal account. Overall purdy painless.