Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

favorite music-related landmarks

I went to Memphis over the weekend and was blown away by the Sun Studio tour (you can see my post in the rave recs forum to which no one responded). I didn't have time to take in Graceland or Stax. I've been to Chicago, but didn't go to Chess (or any other music-related landmark).

Until Sun Studio, some of favorite music landmarks have been CBGBs and the Chelsea Hotel in NYC. (I guess both of those are arguably not music landmarks, but IMO they're "important" for music-related reasons.) Also, I've toured the Austin City Limits studio on the University of Texas campus. Finally, when I was teenager I toured Europe and visited the homes of some great classical composers. I'll have to look at my pictures to remember which ones.

Others that I can think of that I have NOT visited are Stax, Chess, the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville, the famous studio in Muscle Shoals, Alabama and Hank Williams' grave in Montgomery, AL, although I lived there for about 4 years.

What are your favorite music-related landmarks and what are some that you would like to see?

Kam
    would like to go and see where the music died about 5 miles northwest of Mason City Municipal Airport, Iowa.
    /create

Suspended
    Long Beach Boulevard - Long Beach, CA

"Dippin' down Long Beach Boulevard, only rides with my DOGGS, ........"

"Beware of the big man, you know he ain't finished with yo' ass....he'll stay on it till it's burned out, look how it turned out, nothing you can do know can help you out........"

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Until Sun Studio, some of favorite music landmarks have been CBGBs and the Chelsea Hotel in NYC. (I guess both of those are arguably not music landmarks, but IMO they're "important" for music-related reasons.)
    Here's a story on CBGBs that includes a link to their website:

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/...ts=12820050804

Thread Information