• 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
    kexodusc
    Everything's better in stereo
    Wife and I are expecting little Kexo and little Kexie sometime in early May. A drummer and a guitar player! They're identical...dunno the sex yet. Time to bolt down the HT. :biggrin5:
  • 11-18-2010, 02:53 PM
    GMichael
    Congrats Kex! That's great. Good shooting.

I bet that they'll both be smart as h,ll.
  • 11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
    Geoffcin
    Congradulations! And twins too! Stork coming in May eh? Better start stocking up on diapers now!
  • 11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Wow, that is great news! My father was an identical twin, I have an identical twin, and I had identical twins. How about that!

Twins are pretty special IMO. Congrats on your great news!
  • 11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Wife and I are expecting little Kexo and little Kexie sometime in early May. A drummer and a guitar player! They're identical...dunno the sex yet. Time to bolt down the HT. :biggrin5:

Congrats, Kex ... lots to look forward to.
  • 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Make notes of what it is like to get a full night of sleep now so you will remember :) Ha, side cars for the snowmobile.
  • 11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
    Worf101
    Ahem....
    Ahem ah say.....

As a twin (fraternal there's not two of me floatin' around ask my twis sister Denise) I've some requests/advice for ya.

1. Don't dress them alike, This is silly causes confusion and is kinda creepy.

2. Don't name em alike. Shawn and Shane???? Nah... Causes confusion and is kinda creepy.

3. Separate cribs!!! My sister kept trying to kill me as an infant!

4. Did I mention don't dress them alike? Particularly NOT in the family X-Mas card.

Please as a twin give em a break.

Worf
  • 11-18-2010, 09:35 PM
    poppachubby
    Happy diaper days...my wife is due in March with our 3rd. Enjoy the first year, once they start crawling it's all over for you.
  • 11-19-2010, 04:28 AM
    kexodusc
    Thanks for the kind words folks. We were a bit surprised to learn it would be twins. Never expected that at all. Then we learned a month ago or so that my wife's family has a history that skips a generation - except it skipped two last time when not much procreating happend during the wars, so not many survivors left to pass that info along. Her grandmother named off a half a dozen pairs though so I guess there's something to that whole genetics thing.

Worf, your list basically comprises the 10 demandments my wife sent to all our families - no identical gifts, outfits, anything. And yeah, we're getting separate cribs. Tried to get one black, one white, but mom-to-be wasn't having that.

Good luck with #3 Chubs, maybe I'll hit you and GM up for those fresh-in-the-memory bits of advice.
  • 11-19-2010, 04:57 AM
    poppachubby
    Quote:

Good luck with #3 Chubs, maybe I'll hit you and GM up for those fresh-in-the-memory bits of advice.

Thanks bro, but I am an old pro now...it's you who needs luck!! Wipe from front to back, now there's some advice...:frown2:

No really, you won't need advice. It's incredible how much instinct is there when called upon, you'll be fine.

Oh, one other bit....most definitely, 100% watch as the babies come out. Any misgivings that you think you might have will crumble away, believe me. Only then will you truly be witnessing a miracle. I cried like a baby, both times. More thrilling than a roller coaster too, I think it takes about a week for the adrenaline to pass...wild.
  • 11-19-2010, 06:32 AM
    Worf101
    Wooops...
    Must be a gettin' fergetfull in my old age.... I forgot to say....

CONGRATS you ole hornswoggler!!!!

Din't know you had it in ya!!!! Best to you and yours and here's to two happy healthy little Kexsters!

Worf
  • 11-19-2010, 07:58 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Fantastic news! Congratulations Kex! There are many people I've met who make me cringe when they talk about procreating, but I think that two additional Kex's in the world can only make the world a better place. I'm truly happy for you and your wife.

I don't have any twins in my family, but my husband has a friend who has seven kids in her family. Three sets of twins (all fraternal) and one single. We always felt sorry for the single (the friend is a twin).
    GMichael
    Quote:

maybe I'll hit you and GM up for those fresh-in-the-memory bits of advice.

You'll be a great dad. My first tips: Stock up on memory for the camera. Get an extra battery for it.
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Happy diaper days...my wife is due in March with our 3rd. Enjoy the first year, once they start crawling it's all over for you.

Congrats Poppa! :)
  • 11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
    TheHills44060
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Wow, that is great news! My father was an identical twin, I have an identical twin, and I had identical twins. How about that!

That is downright spooky...
  • 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
    Hyfi
    Congrats Kex, and Poppa C!

I always thought if you wanted two kids, twins would be the best way. I know the workload is harder but they would both grow up at the same time.

Cheers and good health.
  • 11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
    3LB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    Ahem ah say.....

As a twin (fraternal there's not two of me floatin' around ask my twis sister Denise) I've some requests/advice for ya.

1. Don't dress them alike, This is silly causes confusion and is kinda creepy
    4. Did I mention don't dress them alike? Particularly NOT in the family X-Mas card.

are you saying theres old pics of a wee Worf in a dress floatin around?

:eek:
  • 11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LB
    are you saying theres old pics of a wee Worf in a green and red dress floatin around?

On an X-mass card somewhere......:frown2:
  • 11-19-2010, 05:07 PM
    thekid
    Cograts Kex!!
    You are in for a long and rewarding journey.

Pops
    Congrats to you on your new addition as well!
  • 11-19-2010, 06:39 PM
    winston
    this title had me fooled
    Quote:

congratulation Kex, "Twins are always Good Luck and a Blessing" you'll be having something good to celebrate this holiday season,

hey Kex, "don't forget to pick up a decent set of seal "Cans" cause your gonna be needing it next year "if you get some down time for music.
  • 11-20-2010, 06:06 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by winston
    congratulation Kex, "Twins are always Good Luck and a Blessing" you'll be having something good to celebrate this holiday season,

Hey Kex, "don't forget to pick up a decent set of seal "Cans" cause your gonna be needing it next year "if you get some down time for music.

Hmmm....actually, this might be the best bit of advice so far!!! I don't have any headphones anymore and the last set were 15 year old Sennheisers. Can someone recommend me a decent, inexpensive set of Sennheisers or something I could convince someone to gift me with this Christmas?:D
  • 11-20-2010, 06:08 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Fantastic news! Congratulations Kex! There are many people I've met who make me cringe when they talk about procreating, but I think that two additional Kex's in the world can only make the world a better place. I'm truly happy for you and your wife.

I don't have any twins in my family, but my husband has a friend who has seven kids in her family. Three sets of twins (all fraternal) and one single. We always felt sorry for the single (the friend is a twin).

Thanks FA, you're too kind.
    We're negotiating name possibilities and my wife doesn't see appreciate the beauty of Kate and Claire or Jacob and Benjamin... :p
  • 11-20-2010, 06:09 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LB

People 'round these parts would pay good money for those... :)
  • 11-20-2010, 08:19 AM
    thekid
    Quote:

Thanks FA, you're too kind.
    We're negotiating name possibilities and my wife doesn't see appreciate the beauty of Kate and Claire or Jacob and Benjamin... :p

Quick story about names......

Our first is named after an island in the Indian Ocean which raised a few eyebrows because people thought it was so unusual. When we were expecting our second people began to inquire what island this baby was going to be named after. I replied we found out it was twins and we were going to name them Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles....got few more stares from those who really thought we were going to do that........ :D
  • 11-20-2010, 10:40 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    That is downright spooky...

You wanna be really creeped out? I also have twin younger brothers LOLOLOL
  • 11-20-2010, 10:50 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    You wanna be really creeped out? I also have twin younger brothers LOLOLOL

When it comes to kids I'm not sure two-for-one is the better deal.

Well OK, maybe in your own case, Terrence.
  • 11-20-2010, 12:10 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
    When it comes to kids I'm not sure two-for-one is the better deal.

Well OK, maybe in your own case, Terrence.

LOLOL, thanks Feanor. I am sure that some wished my twin was an only child! We are identical not only in looks, but many personality traits as well. The only difference is I am an extrovert, and he is a introvert. This is our ying and yang balancing act. My younger twin brothers look alike, but are completely different otherwise.
  • 11-20-2010, 01:41 PM
    Woochifer
    Awesome! Many congrats to you and your better half! I know you'd talked about this a few years ago, and the countdown has now started. All the best, your life is about to change is a lot of expected and unexpected ways.
  • 11-21-2010, 05:18 AM
    kexodusc
    Thanks Wooch. I know it's no coincidence your posting frequency changed around the same time your baby arrived. Nice to see you still dropping in from time to time though.
  • 11-21-2010, 01:54 PM
    Mingus
    Congrats Kex. I know you will very busy with the new arrivals. I remember we didn't have any rest with each of ours.. but they were lots of fun. I have four....three daughters and one son.
  • 11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
    Worf101
    Ahem....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LB

Ahem, cough... wheeze...

And you sir can bite me!!!! Klingon's don't wear dresses. However there IS an old photo of two identical black munchkins sittin' on Santa's lap. He was confused to say the least.

Worf
  • 11-25-2010, 09:01 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    Ahem, cough... wheeze...

And you sir can bite me!!!! Klingon's don't wear dresses. However there IS an old photo of two identical black munchkins sittin' on Santa's lap. He was confused to say the least.

Worf

Was he confused that they were identical, or black munchkins? A little clarity here please.....