Earth from 240 miles away

Fly over imgaes from InternationalSpaceStation in HD. Taken by the crew of expeditions 28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October, 2011.

from Michael König on Vimeo.

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Very cool!

Wow, very cool!

AR Newbie Registered Member

Delaware computer repair

Hi everyone I simply desired to expose myself. For those who have questions please inquire. Sorry regarding my poor language

very nice and cool pix. Smokey, although it makes me wonder, with this kind of technology how safe are we? in this day and age.... (still its a very cool video)
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    very nice and cool pix. Smokey, although it makes me wonder, with this kind of technology how safe are we? in this day and age.... (still its a very cool video)
    I'm not sure what you're implying, but since you used the word safe, I'm going to assume you meant physical danger.

Since Reagan's Star War program, there is no reason not to believe that we already have space based nuclear weapons positioned in orbit and I would assume that others would do the same. The advantage is that the delivery rocket could be very small and with the assist of gravity, the payload could be delivered in a matter of a few minutes. The only problem with that idea is that nothing lasts forever and eventually the satellite will come down on it's own or have to be serviced or removed. In the event of a first strike, this would give us the advantage of surviving a "Mutually Assured Destruction" scenario.

For all the billions spent on "Star Wars" you would think that we got something out of it. Also if you think that such a move would be irresponsible enough to negate it's use, then consider that we spent billions on creating enough weapons to destroy life on this planet many times over, and we know that "is" a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant View Post
    I'm not sure what you're implying, but since you used the word safe, I'm going to assume you meant physical danger.

Since Reagan's Star War program, there is no reason not to believe that we already have space based nuclear weapons positioned in orbit and I would assume that others would do the same. The advantage is that the delivery rocket could be very small and with the assist of gravity, the payload could be delivered in a matter of a few minutes. The only problem with that idea is that nothing lasts forever and eventually the satellite will come down on it's own or have to be serviced or removed. In the event of a first strike, this would give us the advantage of surviving a "Mutually Assured Destruction" scenario.

For all the billions spent on "Star Wars" you would think that we got something out of it. Also if you think that such a move would be irresponsible enough to negate it's use, then consider that we spent billions on creating enough weapons to destroy life on this planet many times over, and we know that "is" a fact.
    I doubt it, Steven. The fact of nuclear weapons in orbit would have been leaked by now if they exsisted.

Star Wars wasn't a waste of money depending on how you look at it, depite no weapons in space:
    • The deficit spending on the program, plus the "600 ship navy", was a large fiscal stimulus that rescued the US economy at the time; (contrary to myth, it wasn't the Reagan tax cuts);
    • It might have been a factor tilted Gorbachev towards Perestroika and Glasnost, thus ending the Cold War.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I doubt it, Steven. The fact of nuclear weapons in orbit would have been leaked by now if they exsisted.
    In all probability, you're right, but it is possible. Even though there hasn't been any talk of such a thing lately, there was talk of it many years ago. Anyway, over the years I've learned not to trust anything the government has to say because they've been caught in too many lies and they have hid too many things. There's nothing I can do about any of it so whether it's true or just conspiracy, I'm just an observer and left to my imagination.

It's kind of like all the spy satellites that are in orbit that I knew nothing about until the Iraqi war. I knew they existed, but not in such quantity.

Anyway, I'm getting way off topic.

RFT
    Forum Regular
    Excellent video!

Talking about safety, I would be more worried about all the radiation being blocked by the earth's magnetic field rather than "Star Wars."

Thread Information