10 worst looking celebrities on HDTV.

1. Teri Hatcher....
    In high-def, the Desperate Housewives star looks really desperate. Hatcher's forehead is covered with bulging veins, making it look like a page from a AAA Road Map. At the 2005 Emmys (the pre-show Red Carpet appearances were broadcast in high-def on INHD), Hatcher's face looked horrible.

2. Demi Moore...
    Yikes, boyfriend (husband?) Ashton Kutcher stars in That 70s Show, but his main squeeze looks like she belongs in That 50s Show. Moore is only 42, but her skin is extremely coarse and leathery.
    She also has those tell-tale wrinkles around her lips, suggesting she's a chain-smoker. In case she hasn't noticed, frequent smoking is terrible for the skin -- and it shows up in high-def. Moore used to be in the Brat Pack, but her face looks like it's been buried in a cigarette pack.

3. Donald Trump...
    And speaking of the Emmys, Trump's face on the 2005 pre-show HD broadcast looked more puffed up than one of his hotel's quarterly reports. I haven't seen fatter cheeks since before Oprah went on a diet. Plus, at the Emmys, Trump's face was covered with an odd mixture of orange and white. Donald, I have two words for your HDTV make-up man: You're fired!

4. Heather Locklear...
    The 44-year-old TV star is a classic case of the 'HDTV effect.' In regular TV, she still looks great, sexy as ever. But in high-def, the aging lines and wrinkles are everywhere. She looks like a different person.

5. David Letterman...
    Speaking of lines, the late night host has more lines in his face than his joke writers have lines in their heads. It's amazing how different Letterman looks in high-def. In regular analog TV, he just looks his usual cranky self. But in HDTV, his face has more creases than a 10-year-old pair of pants.

6. President George W. Bush...
    I saw a high-def video of Bush shortly before the New Orleans hurricane crisis and he had that thing that every second-term president eventually gets -- looking older than you really are. The president's face was haggard and coarse, as if the entire weight of the world was on his shoulders. Which, of course, it is. And, after New Orleans and the continuing struggles in Iraq, it may not get any better.

7. Ray Liotta...
    Hide the kids! Liotta, who often plays a mobster, looked so scary at the 2005 Emmys that I was ready for an Audience Protection Program. His face was scaly and covered with pockmarks. And his eyes were just slits; it looks like he can barely open them. Which could be an advantage when he goes to the mirror every morning.

8. Sandra Bullock...
    The Miss Congeniality star wouldn't win any beauty contests in high-def; she's 41, but her face looks even older in HD. Even worse, her skin looks like she's had an acne problem for some time.

9. Former President Bill Clinton..
    I think Monica would discard her presidential kneepads if she saw Clinton now. In high-def. the former president's face is littered with blood-curdling corpuscles. Yeech. And the bags under his eyes are so big that you could put $100 worth of groceries in them. And, maybe it's my imagination, but his nose seems to have gotten bigger, like he's a real-life Pinocchio. As Clinton gets older, he's starting to look like the old comedian W.C. Fields.

10. Clint Eastwood...
    I love his work, but in high-def, Clint's face looks like his first TV show: Rawhide!

http://www.tvpredictions.com/fall2005hd092605.html

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Well, well Mr. Blackwell...

...could you be any more shallow?...go get yerself a magnifying mirror and take a good look...it's called age and unfortunately it tends to hit the ladies harder...men tend to get "distinguished"(yeah, right!) with the gray hair and all...

That whole industry is built on artifice and is youth oriented, so maybe the "has-beens" should simply hide each hideous countenance under burlap to protect your overly-sensitve eyes...perhaps twelve-year-olds are more to your liking?

Familiar with Lyle Lovett's "She's Hot To Go"? Singer Francine Reed's response to Lovett's line of "She was ugly from the front" puts it all in clear perspective...

jimHJJ(..."Well, you ugly too!"...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...could you be any more shallow?...go get yerself a magnifying mirror and take a good look...it's called age and unfortunately it tends to hit the ladies harder...men tend to get "distinguished"(yeah, right!) with the gray hair and all...

That whole industry is built on artifice and is youth oriented, so maybe the "has-beens" should simply hide each hideous countenance under burlap to protect your overly-sensitve eyes...perhaps twelve-year-olds are more to your liking?

Familiar with Lyle Lovett's "She's Hot To Go"? Singer Francine Reed's response to Lovett's line of "She was ugly from the front" puts it all in clear perspective...

jimHJJ(..."Well, you ugly too!"...)
    Well I have to agree. Maybe Smokey can go look at one of his favorite magazines and return to airbrush perfection.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    it's called age and unfortunately it tends to hit the ladies harder...men tend to get "distinguished"(yeah, right!) with the gray hair and all...
    Lets not forget about the belly for men. Talking from experience

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Well I have to agree. Maybe Smokey can go look at one of his favorite magazines and return to airbrush perfection.
    In my favorite magazines, it is not their face I'm looking at

Thread Information