Fracking Comcast!

My comcast internet died 3 days ago. I called comcast and they said that my Motorola Surfboard modem was out of date and dead. So I bought a new netgear docis 3.0 modem and still no internet. Today a repairman came out and said that the connections were bad in the box across the street and at the connections on the side of my house. He fixed the connections and now my new modem was showing a connection to the internet. However, now my router would not play nice with the new modem and it would not register an IP address. So I now had to go out and buy a new router.

I ended up spending $215 on a new modem and router because some freaking phone technician told me my old modem was dead, when in reality it was just the cable connections out side of my house that were bad and not the old modem. I should bill them for the new modem and router. Next time I am going to insist that a repairman come out and take a look before I buy any new gear. The only benefit from the new gear is slightly faster speeds.

It's poor Karma, because about 2 weeks ago I made an appointment for Century Link to come out and install DSL 20meg internet because it is cheaper than Comcast, especially since I have phone with them and having just switched to Direct TV (comcast raised my internet fee to $65/month, 20meg DSL is $35/month). However, I cancelled the switch to DSL at the last minute.

So far I am very pleased with my Direct TV with the HD Genie and 2 satellite HD DVR's for about $80/month with HBO. Comcast wanted $150 for the same service.
    Last edited by blackraven; 09-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    (comcast raised my internet fee to $65/month, 20meg DSL is $35/month).
    20meg for $35/month is not too bad. I have 3meg speed with AT&T and it is $35 a month.

Charm Thai™
    Yeah 20 for 35 is a decent price. I have 15 but not even sure how much because its wrapped up in a phone line too. You should just dump the cable though don't feed those bastards.

Thread Information