Thread: im baaaack

im baaaack

hey all. no one has probably noticed but i havent been here for quite a few weeks. i was feeling abit bored so i thought i would say hello again to everyone here and tell you where i have been.
    i have just returned from 6 weeks in nepal. the original plan was for myself and a friend to climb a mountain called cho oyu (8200m roughly) but on arrival we found that the tibet border was closed. due too political issues of course. as the only way to climb was from the tibetan side we were pretty much screwed. so instead we decided to climb two smaller 6000m peaks and see everest base camp. a good time was still had. below are a few pics. hope you enjoy:

first up the dangerous khumbu ice which leads to everest camp 1. very dangerous to climb and it only the beggining! in foregroung is part of everest base camp. this is the nepal side which is considered to be more physicallydemanding than tibet side.

second is a close up of the top third of khumbu icefall. note on the left top of icefall three members of the indian expedition tem on their way down.

this WAS the goal. mount cho oyu. it was so heartbreaking to be so close yet so far. the aussie spirit kicked in and we wanted to try to climb it from the nepal side but we were told that the constant threat of landslides made this impossible. in fact no one has successfully climbed it from the nepal side. another kick in the guts lol

and finally some handsome devil (me!!) with everest in the background. this was a tough day, 5 degrees farenheit plus wind and only 3 hours sleep in three days. then climbing up to 6000m. every muscle wanted to stop working and every breathe wasnt enough, you just ignore the pain and keep going, but the view was worth it.

thanks for reading and cant wait to start posting again.

cheers
    diggity

Nice to see you back

In one piece especially. Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

nice to meetya diggity. sorry but your screen name reminds me of digital dog audio. go figure. not that ive bought their equipment. read about the poor suckers who bought into them.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Very cool trip and great pictures. Them's some memories fer a lifetime to be sure.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    Good Stuff!!

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    That's probably one of the coolest things I've seen on this site. I love when people share their non-audio experiences. There are some very interesting people here.

Sorry that you didn't get to climb the mountain that you wanted. Will you try again another time?

i am going to south america to climb mt aconcagua end of this year as part of my "seven summits" attempt so will not be able to get there till end of next year.

Thread Information