Thread: Kittens....

Kittens....

Anyone on this forum know their stuff when it comes to cats and having kittens?

I've got some questions and not enough $$$ to bring her to the vet unless I really need to.

Thanks
    -adam

Chicago IL
    I have a cat home. What is the matter with yours?

I've had cats or about forty years so far, the oldest living into their late teens.

As or their having kittens, if mom is in good health, they will find a comfortable spot and nature will take it's course unimpeded. Just give her some space and all should be fine. They didn't surviv or thousands of years without vets or no reason.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    As a kid, we had a cat who had several litters before we had her spayed. We just set up a box in a dark quiet corner of the basement and lined it with some old (clean) towels. When she was ready she went to the box and look care of everything by herself. We kept an eye on her to make sure that she was okay, but otherwise didn't touch her while she gave birth. She did fine without human intervention.

Ditto. I've had many cats over the decades and several of them had kittens. They find a safe place and do their thing. Give her a nice box as FA said. Just don't let your feelings get hurt if she doesn't use it. She'll find some place that it out of the way (hidden from the world). It may be the box you give her, or it may not be. Be sure that she has plenty of food and water nearby.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Ditto. I've had many cats over the decades and several of them had kittens. They find a safe place and do their thing. Give her a nice box as FA said. Just don't let your feelings get hurt if she doesn't use it. She'll find some place that it out of the way (hidden from the world). It may be the box you give her, or it may not be. Be sure that she has plenty of food and water nearby.
    We put the box behind the furnace, so it was very out of the way and hidden. But GM is right. She'll find her own spot that she's comfortable in. Cats are very intuititive. She'll take good care of her babies. Food and water nearby is a good idea.

Chicago IL
    Now everyone is waiting for atomicAdam to tell us

My wife was a vet tech for a number of years, and we have kept our cat healthy and happy within reasonable limits (financial) for 12 years....So, come on, man....Pit it out!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Suspended
    Adam's cat got pregnant by a dog.

Chicago IL
    Adam doesn't wanna tell us what's wrong with his kitten.

sorry for the delay - i wanted to respond earlier but i've been working on carreview.com's WordPress layout and now fixing some alignment issues on carreview.com's product pages.

So here is the scoop -

She had two kittens - all seems good - i was just concerned because
    - she had them so far apart - like 8hrs
    - she kept getting out of her box and ignoring her kitten and coming to see me

but now all seems good.

i remember when i was like 5 i had a cat who had a litter of like 6 right under my bed, while i was sleeping. this cat, totally different, and different than i was reading online.

here is photo -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kittens....-kittens.jpg  

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Awww how cute, are you going to have that pic screened on a white Hanes sweater, which is slightly too small for you? It can replace the one you have of the kitten playing with a ball of yarn.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Awww how cute, are you going to have that pic screened on a white Hanes sweater, which is slightly too small for you? It can replace the one you have of the kitten playing with a ball of yarn.
    You crack me up!

Suspended
    The question is will they become pets or raised to become part of some fine Oriental cuisine one day.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    The question is will they become pets or raised to become part of some fine Oriental cuisine one day.
    Well he IS hard up for cash you know...

Awwwwwwwww. So cute!

Suspended
    Well Poppa, waste not, want not. All I can say is we don't have any strays around this neighborhood. Trying to go "green" you know.

Mr. P...you need to get out more, boy...
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

From what I understand, cat meat is tough and stringy. So the mother may end up in a curry soup if she doesn't learn to be nicer to our other cat.

PC - I think here, in a region of fashion, folks may mistake the sweater as some kind of statement. So ill pass.

I love eating....

Oh, nevermind.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information