Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do Dogs go to heaven?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    You should be ashame of yourself even thinking that way

I mean your mother nourish, fed and shelter you, and you are thinking whether to save the dog or your mother?

No need for shame. Not all women are good mothers. Some mothers do not bond or nurture the child.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    No need to feel shame or guilt. You can't control feelings. They are what they are.
    JohnMichael likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant View Post
    If you choose the dog to live, you have to live with the shame of knowing that many people will disapprove of your choice.
    I'm guessing your father will be one of them

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Not all women are good mothers. Some mothers do not bond or nurture the child.
    That is true. But still that does not justify choosing life of dog over human being.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Do Dogs go to heaven?-roxie-resize2.jpgRoxie, our family dog of 11 years passed away Sunday, July 28 at 8:55 a.m. She was at home with us. She had a rough night Saturday night. My wife and I took turns holding her to keep her calm. I had taken her to the vet on the Thursday before and he said he couldn't do anything for her. He mentioned euthanasia. I went home and discussed it with the family. We decided if we couldn't get her to eat and take her arthritis medicine over the weekend, then on Monday we would take her back to the vet to be put to sleep. She wouldn't eat and didn't make it to Monday.

The timing of smokey's thread was odd. I wanted to post sooner, but couldn't. I can't remember ever being this sad. If I don't see her again one day, then what's a heaven for?
    Last edited by dean_martin; 08-14-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roxie-resize2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	9452Click image for larger version. 

ID:	9452Click image for larger version. 

ID:	9452Our family dog of 11 years passed away Sunday, July 28 at 8:55 a.m. She was at home with us. She had a rough night Saturday night. My wife and I took turns holding her to keep her calm. I had taken her to the vet on the Thursday before and he said he couldn't do anything for her. He mentioned euthanasia. I went home and discussed it with the family. We decided if we couldn't get her to eat and take her arthritis medicine over the weekend, then on Monday we would take her back to the vet to be put to sleep. She wouldn't eat and didn't make it to Monday.

The timing of smokey's thread was odd. I wanted to post sooner, but couldn't. I can't remember ever being this sad. If I don't see her again one day, then what's a heaven for?
    If we don't get to see the ones we've loved in heaven, including our pets, what the hell use is heaven?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    If we don't get to see the ones we've loved in heaven, including our pets, what the hell use is heaven?
    It is for organized religions to keep you scared and under control. The overall spirituality and energy we all are is separate from a "Place" called Heaven. Heaven is a Man Made place.

Smokey I would save the one that has given me the most love.

Of course it is a moot point since my mother passed away before I had my dog.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Smokey I would save the one that has given me the most love.Of course it is a moot point since my mother passed away before I had my dog.
    Well, let me ask you this question:

Lets replace your mother with a total stranger in the sinking boat. Would you choose life of a dog over life of a human being?

Smokey I think the point you are missing is we have been talking about dogs we have bonded with and are important to our lives. Those bonds can be as strong or stronger than we have with a lot of people. We all have to deal with the choices we make.

By the way if the boat was sinking we would all be up sh!t creek.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    By the way if the boat was sinking we would all be up sh!t creek.
    Then choosing the dog might be wisest decision since some of the dogs are good swimmers

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    It is for organized religions to keep you scared and under control. The overall spirituality and energy we all are is separate from a "Place" called Heaven. Heaven is a Man Made place.
    Oh...so organized religion at one point had you scared and under control?
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Just my opinion....I believe animals will be in heaven....and it seems heaven will come down to earth.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea did not exist any longer.
    Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.
    Rev 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling of God is with humanity, and he will take up residence with them, and they will be his people and God himself will be with them.
    Rev 21:4 And he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any longer, and mourning or wailing or pain will not exist any longer. The former things have passed away."
    Rev 21:5 And the one seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new!" And he said, "Write, because these words are faithful and true."
    Rev 21:6 And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the one who is thirsty I will give water from the spring of the water of life freely.
    Rev 21:7 The one who conquers will inherit these things, and I will be [his God] and he will be [my son].
    Rev 21:8 But as for the cowards and unbelievers and detestable persons and murderers and sexually immoral people and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their share is in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.
    Rev 21:9 And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."
    Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and lofty mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
    Rev 21:11 that has the glory of God. Its radiance is like a precious stone, something like a jasper stone, shining like crystal.
    Rev 21:12 It has a great and high wall that has twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written on the gates which are of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel--
    Rev 21:13 on the east, three gates, and on the north, three gates, and on the south, three gates, and on the west, three gates.
    Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city has twelve foundations, and on them are twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    Rev 21:15 And the one who spoke with me was holding a golden measuring rod in order that he could measure the city and its gates and its wall.
    Rev 21:16 And the city is laid out as a square, and its length is the same as its width. And he measured the city with the measuring rod at twelve thousand stadia; the length and the width and the height of it are equal.
    Rev 21:17 And he measured its wall, one hundred forty-four cubits [according to human measure], which is the angel's.
    Rev 21:18 And the material of its wall is jasper, and the city is pure gold, similar in appearance to pure glass.
    Rev 21:19 The foundations of the wall of the city are adorned with every kind of precious stone: the first foundation jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
    Rev 21:20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.
    Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates are twelve pearls, each one of the gates was from a single pearl. And the street of the city is pure gold, like transparent glass.
    Rev 21:22 And I did not see a temple in it, for the Lord God All-Powerful is its temple, and the Lamb.
    Rev 21:23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon, that they shine on it, for the glory of God illuminates it, and its lamp is the Lamb.
    Rev 21:24 And the nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.
    Rev 21:25 And its gates will never be shut by day (for there will be no night there),
    Rev 21:26 and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.
    Rev 21:27 And every unclean thing and one who practices detestable things and falsehood will never enter into it, except those who are written in the book of life of the Lamb.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Oh...so organized religion at one point had you scared and under control?
    Up until I was about 8. I then realized what was going on around me. About the same time I stopped believing in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny

What started out as a thread about "Do Dogs go to heaven?" which could have been a fun thread is getting close to the edge. I made reference to rewards in heaven and one I would like was my dog. Someone brought out their bible to correct me. Then the pointing of fingers over morals and ethics over who you would save first which has nothing to do with dogs going to heaven. Now we have another biblical post followed by a veiled insult.

I am curious as why when one shares a feeling it is up for attack. None of us knows the right answer but we seem to think we do. We all have to choose our own path and do not have the right to tell someone theirs is wrong. Thread closed.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information