Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Could Flashforward (TV show) really be happening???!

US wildlife officials say more than 1,000 dead birds fell from sky in Arkansas
    By The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – Sun, 2 Jan 3:17 AM EST

BEEBE, Ark. - Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile (2-kilometre) area, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Commission ornithologist Karen Rowe said the birds showed physical trauma, and she speculated that "the flock could have been hit by lightning or high-altitude hail."

The commission said that New Year's Eve revelers shooting off fireworks in the area could have startled the birds from their roost and caused them to die from stress.

Robby King, a wildlife officer for the agency, collected about 65 dead birds, which will be sent for testing to the state Livestock and Poultry Commission lab and the National Wildlife Health Center lab in Wisconsin.

Rowe said that similar events have occurred elsewhere and that test results "usually were inconclusive." She said she doubted the birds were poisoned.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    It was reported today that several thousand of my red-winged bretheren again plummeted to earth down about Louisianna way. Clearly, the guy who had the worst government job was the chollywollop that had to look into the camera and assert that "the flock had become disoriented by fireworks and flown into the sides of houses and buildings"...though no such collisions had been reported. That's just bad staffwork.

This is gonna turn out to be another Operation LAC, mark my words...y'all heard it heah first.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm not buying that fireworks story either. I'm not suggesting that it's some sort of conspiracy, but I've probably watched 100 fireworks displays in my life and never saw even one birdy drop from the sky.

We did have a squirrel keel over in the middle of our garage once.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'm not buying that fireworks story either. I'm not suggesting that it's some sort of conspiracy...
    I am. This is going to turn out to be the release of some type of biotoxin or pollutant into the environment that just happens to be some type of avian allergen. Eli's coming girl...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We did have a squirrel keel over in the middle of our garage once.
    I've never lost any rodents but I was once given a stern warning by a local sheriff for discharging a firearm within city limits after a six foot long Argentinian Tegu lizard we were housesitting broke through the slatted window of an attic, plunged two stories into a bush next to where we had chosen to pop some bottles and gascid and rushed out into oncoming traffic. After being hit by a Cadillac the beast's death throes were so vile and destructive that the neighborhood kids fled in terror. It was the most savage thing I've ever seen; terrible, terrible...I had to put it out of its misery...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Thread Information