Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    Suspended topspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,717

    Congrats Rich! You own a collectible!

    First, a very late congratulations on your G8 GT. Truly a fantastic car. Not just a great American car, but a great car period.

    I never knew you were blessed with the powers of second sight, because you managed to corral that last, and quite possibly best car that Pontiac has built in its illustrious history. Good thing you kept the WS6, now you can wrap the G8 in cellophane and sell it at Barrett/Jackson in a few years for a profit.

    http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/904279997

    Seriously tho, it's a sad day for gearheads. Pontiac has made a number of iconic cars in its history, perhaps most notably the game changing GTO. I remember fondly tearing up parking lots and crusing John Wayne Beach in my roommate's red '67 GTO. Even though it was 20 years old, it would draw more approving nods than any modern iron.

    So long Pontiac, thanks for the laughs.

  2. #2
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    I haven't seen Rich in a while. He hasn't even logged onto his PS3 in almost a month. I hope he's OK.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  3. #3
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I haven't seen Rich in a while. He hasn't even logged onto his PS3 in almost a month. I hope he's OK.
    Funny, just this morning I was thinking that it's been a while since I've seen him around. So I checked his status. His last posts were on April 8 but it shows that his last activity was yesterday.

    Rich...you out there man?

  4. #4
    Suspended topspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,717
    Didn't know that. He's beginning to sound a lot like someone I know...

  5. #5
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Didn't know that. He's beginning to sound a lot like someone I know...
    The invisible man?

  6. #6
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    The invisible man = Topspeed
    Yup...
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  7. #7
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    I'm worried about him. It's not like him to not jump all over a thread talking about his car.

  8. #8
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Anyone have his email? Maybe that someone could send a msg that we miss him. I'll send him a msg on the PS3 tonight, but it doesn't look like he's even turned the thing on in a month.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  9. #9
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Thanks speedy (wherever you are )

    Thanks all. Just needed to reload my shotgun so I could chase dumbass down by the river as a means of silencing his idiotic posts (anybody got any rifled slugs? The buckshot doesn't seem to be doing the trick )

    Anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Speedy
    I never knew you were blessed with the powers of second sight, because you managed to corral that last, and quite possibly best car that Pontiac has built in its illustrious history. Good thing you kept the WS6, now you can wrap the G8 in cellophane and sell it at Barrett/Jackson in a few years for a profit.
    Me? Blessed with powers? You kidding? Within two weeks of ownership I managed to inflict pain and suffering on my new ride and thus, on myself!

    While pulling into a primo parking spot at work, I didn't line up my angle of attack properly and managed to scrape the front fender against some POS pickup truck. The fender rubbed along the truck's rubber door gaurd; I felt nothing, no feedback from the steering wheel but managed to do $1,400 worth of damage. I was only able to hear the metal to rubber contact but by then it was too late. So there ya go.

    I thought I read somewhere that the production numbers for the G8 probably won't qualify it as collectible; don't really know how all that works anyway, but if I had thrown another $3-4K at the dealer and brought home a G8 GXP instead, then I'd have something to crow about down the road. Nevertheless, I did keep my Firebird, and as long as I can swing the car payments on my G8, the plan is to make the Firebird either a showcar or a race car. It has aftermarket components in it which would lend it to road-racing and/or drag racing, so it'll either become my project car or sold to reduce my newly acquired car payments.

    I get to pick up my G8 from the dealer's body shop today so pics will come soon...

  10. #10
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    Dang...just when I thought you were gone for good!!!

  11. #11
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Hey Rich. Glad to see you back here. As for the little fender bender...OUCH! That's gotta hurt!

  12. #12
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Yeah, and wait'll topspeed(Imslo, Itsbroke) reads my post.

  13. #13
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Dang Rich. Have you even had the thing a full month yet?
    Good to see you post again. Welcome back.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  14. #14
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Well, I've owned it for a month, but it hasn't been in my possesion for a month.

    I got free Onstar for a year, 130 hands-free calling minutes, free XM for two months and Turn-by-Turn navigation through Onstar for 1 month, which obviously has expired.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Dang...just when I thought you were gone for good!!!
    Have I opened a can of whoopass on you in... what's the name of that PS3 game again... recently?

  15. #15
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523

    G8 Gt

    I saw a couple in the US while I was there, nice lookin' machines. Too bad you'll never have the full 415HP, 415 lb/ft of torque (funny that those numbers are exactly the same). If you ever do fancy a tune-up, know that your transmission is good for 600 lb/ft torque.
    I think your avatar now deserves a new picture

    Sorry to hear about that misshap, those things do happen unfortunately..

  16. #16
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Have I opened a can of whoopass on you in... what's the name of that PS3 game again... recently?
    Ohhh...I guess you didn't hear the bad news. I'm afraid I won't be playing PS3 for awhile

  17. #17
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    6,852
    Rich...you ol' scurvied bastard....welcome back!
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  18. #18
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    sticks! New avatar. Lookin' sharp there bud.

  19. #19
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    6,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    sticks! New avatar. Lookin' sharp there bud.
    Gracias, mi amigo...new avi, new home, new job...life is good my friend...et tu?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  20. #20
    JSE
    JSE is offline
    MIA - Until Rich is back! JSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Thanks speedy (wherever you are )

    Thanks all. Just needed to reload my shotgun so I could chase dumbass down by the river as a means of silencing his idiotic posts (anybody got any rifled slugs? The buckshot doesn't seem to be doing the trick )

    Anyway...


    Me? Blessed with powers? You kidding? Within two weeks of ownership I managed to inflict pain and suffering on my new ride and thus, on myself!

    While pulling into a primo parking spot at work, I didn't line up my angle of attack properly and managed to scrape the front fender against some POS pickup truck. The fender rubbed along the truck's rubber door gaurd; I felt nothing, no feedback from the steering wheel but managed to do $1,400 worth of damage. I was only able to hear the metal to rubber contact but by then it was too late. So there ya go.

    I thought I read somewhere that the production numbers for the G8 probably won't qualify it as collectible; don't really know how all that works anyway, but if I had thrown another $3-4K at the dealer and brought home a G8 GXP instead, then I'd have something to crow about down the road. Nevertheless, I did keep my Firebird, and as long as I can swing the car payments on my G8, the plan is to make the Firebird either a showcar or a race car. It has aftermarket components in it which would lend it to road-racing and/or drag racing, so it'll either become my project car or sold to reduce my newly acquired car payments.

    I get to pick up my G8 from the dealer's body shop today so pics will come soon...

    Ha-a--a-a-a-a-a...... Nooooo worrires..... My brother's got this Awwwwwwsome Tool Box. I can fix it!

    That does suck there Rich. Still no excuse for not posting in a while but.....sucks none the less.

  21. #21
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Gracias, mi amigo...new avi, new home, new job...life is good my friend...et tu?
    Most excellent sir!

    I have faith that more good is coming my way. I'm an eternal optomist, despite my online MO.

  22. #22
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    I saw a couple in the US while I was there, nice lookin' machines. Too bad you'll never have the full 415HP, 415 lb/ft of torque (funny that those numbers are exactly the same). If you ever do fancy a tune-up, know that your transmission is good for 600 lb/ft torque.
    I think your avatar now deserves a new picture

    Sorry to hear about that misshap, those things do happen unfortunately..
    Don't need 415 horsey's to toast BMW 5xx's.

    And... never say never. LG Motorsports is a block and 1/2 away from my house.

    New avatar coming soon to a theater near you!

  23. #23
    Sgt. At Arms Worf101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Troy, New York
    Posts
    4,288

    Sigh....

    (Worf don's old campaign hat and OD's. assumes belligerant manner, presses brim of hat into Rich's nose)

    Dear Lord and Sonny Jeezus!!! Where in God's good name did you learn how to drive troop? I betcha if there was some (fill in the blank) at the end of that parking space you'dda pulled in right and tight wouldn't cha? Where'd you learn to drive the Helen Keller Driving School???!!!!! You drive like old people **** sloppy and loose!!!! Drop down and start pushin' till I get tired.

    Sorry to hear about your.. ahem driving distress. Good to have ya back?

    Da Worfster

  24. #24
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    (Worf don's old campaign hat and OD's. assumes belligerant manner, presses brim of hat into Rich's nose)

    Dear Lord and Sonny Jeezus!!! Where in God's good name did you learn how to drive troop?
    New Jersey about 30 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf
    I betcha if there was some (fill in the blank) at the end of that parking space you'dda pulled in right and tight wouldn't cha?
    Depends on what your definition of "blank" is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf
    Where'd you learn to drive the Helen Keller Driving School???!!!!!
    See above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf
    You drive like old people **** sloppy and loose!!!! Drop down and start pushin' till I get tired.
    Gawd, I haven't done a pushup in light-years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf
    Sorry to hear about your.. ahem driving distress. Good to have ya back?

    Da Worfster
    I only took a month off. Everybody deserves a vacation once-in-a-while ya know?

  25. #25
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    New Jersey about 30 years ago.
    That 'splains a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Depends on what your definition of "blank" is.
    Usually warm and sometimes furry. Always wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    See above.
    Still not getting better. (No letters please, this means you Mark)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Gawd, I haven't done a pushup in light-years.
    You've been light-years away. What were you doing out there? Oh, that's right. Push-ups in space are so mush easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I only took a month off. Everybody deserves a vacation once-in-a-while ya know?
    From us? You've heard of laptops right? Take us with you next time.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •