Congrats King James...

NOT a basketball fan, not a Le Bron lover nor a Heat fan, but I was/am happy for the guy. He shut a lot of people up last night and I'm kinda glad. Yeah he should've NEVER done the T.V. special, he should've left quietly and calmly. But you see what he got after just 2 seasons in Miami as opposed to 7 in Cleveland with a clearly inferior supporting cast. I just think a lot of the hate and vitriole sent the guy's way was unwarranted and he was made an easy (by his own making) scapegoat for fhose who hate professional athletes in general and self-confident one's in particular. Mebbe now the cranks can shut up a bit and learn to shoot a basket themselves.

Worf

Charm Thai™
    Sorry Worf, in the sports realm James is a scumbag. He had countless chances to let the team and the city know of his intentions yet he purposely deceived everyone. Had he left the city with class I would have missed him but players move on. Cleveland would have remembered his time here with great fondness but he continuously lied in the months prior to leaving and pulled the rug out from underneath us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060 View Post
    Sorry Worf, in the sports realm James is a scumbag. He had countless chances to let the team and the city know of his intentions yet he purposely deceived everyone. Had he left the city with class I would have missed him but players move on. Cleveland would have remembered his time here with great fondness but he continuously lied in the months prior to leaving and pulled the rug out from underneath us.
    I agree with you on that point. "The Decision" was an absolute "mistake" of gigantic proportions. And we all know he shouldn't have done it. But is he worse than Art Modell who backed the truck up at night and stole the Browns? No! Is he your typical DWIing, drug infested, philandiering basketball player? No. Did he give you EVERYTHING he had while he was in Cleveland, some say no I say yes! So while "The Decision" was classless and stupid it doesn't make him Roger Clemens, Mike Vick, Jerry Sandusky or other's gun toting fools from sports. I'm sure if I was from Cleveland like you though I MIGHT feel differently. We can agree to disagree.

Worf

I for one am glad he got the championship, and I agree on the primetime event, but what he did, did not warrant the comments made by the Cav's owner which IMHO was a slave owner mentality.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information