Condi, Condi, Condi!

Hmmmm she did a fairly good job, I think, although I was somewhat taken aback by the applause, etc, made me think of a kangaroo court.

An interesting note: I listen to the "wrong songs" on a nationally syndicated black radio show on friday mornings, and the support and pride was loud and clear from both the call in listeners and the staff. I think she helped pick up minority votes come november.

What really got me, more than just the testimony, was an interview with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the 9-11 commission on Lerhers' PBS newshour.

These men, Chairman Thomas Kean, was the former GOP governor of New Jersey, among other things, and the Vice Chair, Lee Hamilton, a Democrat Congressman from Indiana, where chosen for their respect on both sides of the aisle.

Sober, no fingerpointing, no snide remarks, I was honestly moved listening to them. If there is still people like them in the top layers of gov't then things are better than they seem.

The consensus by these serious men was simply that we were not set up to deal with this kind of threat.

I believe them. And in 30-40 years, when they declassify all the testimony, I'll be one of the first to read it!!

Here's a link to the commisions' website:

http://www.9-11commission.gov

Have a Happy Easter, everyone!!!!

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by piece-it pete
    Hmmmm she did a fairly good job, I think, although I was somewhat taken aback by the applause, etc, made me think of a kangaroo court.

An interesting note: I listen to the "wrong songs" on a nationally syndicated black radio show on friday mornings, and the support and pride was loud and clear from both the call in listeners and the staff. I think she helped pick up minority votes come november.

What really got me, more than just the testimony, was an interview with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the 9-11 commission on Lerhers' PBS newshour.

These men, Chairman Thomas Kean, was the former GOP governor of New Jersey, among other things, and the Vice Chair, Lee Hamilton, a Democrat Congressman from Indiana, where chosen for their respect on both sides of the aisle.

Sober, no fingerpointing, no snide remarks, I was honestly moved listening to them. If there is still people like them in the top layers of gov't then things are better than they seem.

The consensus by these serious men was simply that we were not set up to deal with this kind of threat.

I believe them. And in 30-40 years, when they declassify all the testimony, I'll be one of the first to read it!!

Pete

I thought she did a good job. She remained calm even when under attack. Kerry was a joke. He clearly had points he wanted to make in the form of grandstanding and really was not interested in Rice's responses. In fact several times when Ms. Rice asked to elaborate, he started bickering and refused to let Ms. Rice say anything else. He wanted to get his points our there and did not want to hear legitimate answers.

All in all, Ms. Rice came out of the hearings as a class act.

JSE

I only saw the news bites of the Rice interview. Kerrey DID make the impression that he wanted to make his points and wasn't REALLY interested in Condi's response.

I also saw Kean and Hamilton on Meet The Press last Sunday and I must agree with you, Pete. Despite Hamilton being a Democrat, he appeared to be fair and open to ALL possibilities. After all the mindless bile being regurgitated by the Dems, it IS refreshing to see some fairness at the top.

The DUh'ers must HATE Hamilton, though, eh?
    Click here to see my system.

Forum Regular

Pete
    Why is it they, some want a slam dunk intel report of time, place, date, etc before acting? Sit back and wait? That will never happen.
    mtrycrafts

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Why is it they, some want a slam dunk intel report of time, place, date, etc before acting?
    Simple. It's the blame game. It's just their way of saying "if WE were in control, WE would've done things BETTER". If you want to blame someone, you've got to find a fault SOMEWHERE and it looks like this is their only hope of pinning the blame on the current administration.
    Click here to see my system.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff
    Simple. It's the blame game. It's just their way of saying "if WE were in control, WE would've done things BETTER". If you want to blame someone, you've got to find a fault SOMEWHERE and it looks like this is their only hope of pinning the blame on the current administration.

Are they blameless? Clark is not the only one who said that Iraq was #1 on the radar. #2 man at CIA, his finance chief who was fired in 02, and on it goes.
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information