Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

So here's my question...

If Mary Ann Hardee teaches computing and technology, how could she not be technologically savvy enough to know what WTF means? Even my Mom knows that one!

WASHINGTON (AFP) - OMG! What is that on my car's license plate?

That's the question asked by 10,000 drivers who registered their vehicles in North Carolina last year and got registrations starting with "WTF."

Long just an innocuous combination of three letters, like OMG ("Oh my God!") WTF is now heavy with vulgar connotations: it is an oft-used email and mobile phone abbreviation that means "What the f***."

In North Carolina, WTF plates were issued to some 9,999 drivers last year, including elementary school teacher Mary Ann Hardee, who teaches computing and technology, the News and Observer newspaper reported earlier this month.

"She wasn't hip to the Internet-age significance of her new license plate -- until she caught her teenage grandchildren giggling at it," Dan Kane, staff writer at the paper wrote.

Hardee, 60, told the paper she "developed this real self-consciousness" once she found out what her number plate meant in techno-shorthand.

She petitioned the Department of Motor Vehicles, which ordered that she and everyone else who had a WTF number plate should receive new plates FOC -- free of charge.

This year, North Carolina registrations have three-letter combinations starting with the letter Y.

The Department of Motor Vehicles has carefully scrutinized the plates and deemed that none are offensive, according to the News and Observer.

They must have overlooked YBF, which means "You've been f****d."

I wouldn't even bother, I mean, with a bit of creativity, you could find an abbrevation, containing 'vulgar connotations' for almost every license plate...

(ok, make that alot of creativity...)

here's some help though:
    www.acronymfinder.com

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301