Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar

Beloved Cinderella has passed away.

Yesterday at work I received a tearful call from my 11 year old. Apparently Cinderella the beloved Guinia Pig had succumb to old age. She was 5, and had provided great joy to my 3 children.

She is survived by Cookie our newest Guinia Pig. Apparently, my daughter said that Cookie was laying down next to Cinderella when she went in her room. She went to pet her, and then realized that she wasn't "sleeping".

We held a brief service, said some words, and buried her in a simple grave in the back yard. Afterward they swapped their favorite stories about Cinderella. She will be missed.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Suspended
    Condolences to you and your kids beefy. A sad day indeed. Your kiddo's are resilient and will bounce back from this dark day I am sure.

I'll keep you in my thoughts, GB....

The death of a pet

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Yesterday at work I received a tearful call from my 11 year old. Apparently Cinderella the beloved Guinia Pig had succumb to old age. She was 5, and had provided great joy to my 3 children.

She is survived by Cookie our newest Guinia Pig. Apparently, my daughter said that Cookie was laying down next to Cinderella when she went in her room. She went to pet her, and then realized that she wasn't "sleeping".

We held a brief service, said some words, and buried her in a simple grave in the back yard. Afterward they swapped their favorite stories about Cinderella. She will be missed.

Pets are real members of our family. You and your daughter have my sincere simpathy. I grieved for weeks after our beloved dog succumbed to cancer.We have an 8 year old bunny whose days, I fear, are numbered.

GB, good health to Cookie and other pets you may have ... including your cow.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Oh Beefy, I'm so sorry to hear that! Losing a pet is hard. Guinea's are such sweet little creatures that I know she'll be missed. But I'm sure that she's partying it up with unlimited amounts of Timothy hay and carrots up in Guinea Pig heaven.

R.I.P. Cinderella.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    That sucks bro, I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss. I have 3 pets myself and know how hard it is to lose one. Makes you appreciate the time you have with them that much more.

Sorry to read about your family's loss. How are your kids reacting?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thanks for all of your kind words. The kids reacted with tears, and shock. We knew that she wasn't feeling well for the last couple of weeks. She had a bad cough/cold, but a few days ago it had gone away. But it must have taken a toll on her.

After the burial, and swapping funny stories about her the girls had cheered up. After dinner they were asking when we could get a replacement.

My wife and I think for Christmas we will get Cookie a new friend. She seems rather lost right now.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Thanks for all of your kind words. The kids reacted with tears, and shock. We knew that she wasn't feeling well for the last couple of weeks. She had a bad cough/cold, but a few days ago it had gone away. But it must have taken a toll on her.

After the burial, and swapping funny stories about her the girls had cheered up. After dinner they were asking when we could get a replacement.

My wife and I think for Christmas we will get Cookie a new friend. She seems rather lost right now.
    Good. Then they are reacting normally. Death is a part of life. It's good that they are learning to deal with it in a healthy way.
    Still sorry that they have to go through it though.

I get the feeling that they have a good dad to help them through it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I get the feeling that they have a good dad to help them through it.

Oh GM you ARE a glorious beacon of light! And I think the girls will be fine. What made it so hard for them was that it was unexpected. I wasn't suprised that she died, but for them, it was almost inconceivable.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Suspended
    It shoulda been the three wicked sisters... or was that two wicked sisters? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    It shoulda been the three wicked sisters... or was that two wicked sisters? I forget.
    Cinderella had 2 evil step-sisters.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Cinderella had 2 evil step-sisters.
    And one evil step-mother.

Sorry for the loss. We lived in the "40 Projects" of New York City. We never could have "real" pets like cats or dogs. But we did get a used Parakeet called "Jimmy" from one of the ladies my mom did housework for (yeah THAT kinda housework). Jimmy was already 6 when we got him and stayed with us another 6 after that. How I don't know. When Jimmy died we were devastated but none more than my Dad. It was the first time I EVER saw him cry (while sober).

Pets give so much, and ask for so little.

Da Worfster

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    What a wonderful thread Groundbeef, both sad and happy. Thanks.

I was also interested to read about Da Worfster's previously owned parakeet, Jimmy.

RR6
    Last edited by RoadRunner6; 10-31-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Pets give so much, and ask for so little.

Da Worfster
    That's why we get so attached to pets...they give us unconditional love. My sympathies you your youngin's for the loss of their pet--I can still remember the cute little squeals my guinea pig made that I had some 39 years ago.
    Klipsch RB-35 fronts
    Klipsch RB-5 rears
    Klipsch RC-62 center
    Klipsch LF-10 sub
    Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR
    Panasonic TH-50PZ800U TV
    Panasonic DMP-BD35P BD Player

Thread Information