• 07-23-2012, 05:06 PM
    Worf101
    Believe it or not but I actually MISS Pixie!
    Before you call for the fellahs with the white coats to put me in the rubber room hear me out. Yes we was a bit "off" and his opinions were so far from left field as to be from Mars... BUT you had to admit that no one, cept mebbe P.S., could be counted on to produce 4 plus pages of flame and acrimony at a moments notice like he could. It wasn't just that he was contrary it was that he so damn abosolute in his contraryness.

I mean, I know that out there there are people who either get a charge or are addicted to EVERYONE thinking they're wrong, nuts or just plain stuped but he's one of the few I knew close up and personal. I don't know the why's and wherefores of his departure but sigh.. much as I hate to admit it, the place was a little more fun when he was lurking around pouring out pronouncements from on high..

Go ahead you can ban me now... What other famous crumudgeions from days gone by do YOU miss?

Worf.
  • 07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
    JohnMichael
    I miss all the times Resident Loser told me to grow a pair.
  • 07-23-2012, 07:41 PM
    TheHills44060
    He was not a curmudgeon by any sense of the word but without a doubt I miss woodman the most. Now that guy knew his televisions...learned a lot from him.
  • 07-24-2012, 07:28 AM
    recoveryone
    Worf. if your drama meter is getting low their are plenty of reality shows on TV that can fill that void your feeling. I have to leave the room when my wife and daughters turn on Dance Moms, Bad Girls, Any version of House wifes of any City to name a few. So when you feel all low on your drama meter just tune in and I'm sure you will see the light again.........:)
  • 07-24-2012, 07:35 AM
    Hyfi
    I also miss Pix telling me how bad my tube system sounds compared to his mass market stuff.

I also may be in the minority but I miss the flame wars of yesteryear with Yech and Dusty
  • 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM
    GMichael
    Lex was a lot of fun around these parts. Sure, his DVD reviews were filled with wrong information, but they were well organized. A lot of the information was even correct. Sure, he didn't write some of them himself. Sure he would ask the same questions over and over and over again. Sure, he would have a complete meltdown if you disagreed with him. But I think that some of our long-gone members came here just to tell him off. The flames that ensued were legendary.
  • 07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    (Sir T begins to wave his hands wildly and walking very quickly back and forth)

Creo que todas las hojas han caído de los árboles que los chicos. Worf, estoy llamando a los chicos de las batas blancas en ti. No puedo creer que ha iniciado este hilo, que están fuera de tu mente?

translated

I think all of the leaves have fallen out of you guys tree's. Worf, I am calling the guys in the white coats on you. I cannot believe you started this thread, are you out of your mind?

When I see Pixels name, I just get exhausted. Lex, I just want to throw that printer against the wall, and hope it is shattered into so many small pieces, it is impossible to put it back together.

Worf, thanks for ruining my day......to the padded room you go! LOL
  • 07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post

Creo que todas las hojas han caído de los árboles que los chicos. Worf, estoy llamando a los chicos de las batas blancas en ti. No puedo creer que ha iniciado este hilo, que están fuera de tu mente?

translated

I think all of the leaves have fallen out of you guys tree's. Worf, I am calling the guys in the white coats on you. I cannot believe you started this thread, are you out of your mind?

When I see Pixels name, I just get exhausted. Lex, I just want to throw that printer against the wall, and hope it is shattered into so many small pieces, it is impossible to put it back together.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.
  • 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Really?
  • 07-25-2012, 04:58 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Really?

Yeah. I think a part of you misses having them around.
  • 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM
    Worf101
    Spew!!!!
    Quote:

translated

THAT my friend was a first class, bi-lingual Rant. I've been yelled at before but never in a second language. Okay so this topic was perhaps, mebbe, could be, mightta been a bit... "misguided" on my part. Chite at least it woke some folks up!!!! Bring em all back!!! Let the Freak Flag Fly!!!!

Worf
  • 07-25-2012, 08:22 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    Bring em all back!!! Let the Freak Flag Fly!!!!

Worf

Sounds like an idea I can support.

Oops I forgot this part
    THAT my friend was a first class, bi-lingual Rant.

Oh and I like some foreign tongue.
  • 07-25-2012, 08:26 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post

:skep: No need for my usual comments here. Just fill in what you think I should say.:smilewinkgrin:
  • 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    There's nothing like a good Troll to unite the masses.
  • 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM
    Worf101
    Ah yes...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    There's nothing like a good Troll to unite the masses.

Our "International DesK" has chimed in at last. Our friends up norf believe in trollage!

Worf
  • 07-25-2012, 09:08 AM
    Worf101
    Sigh...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post

I must be gettin' old. Someone PM me and let me know what he's on about now?

Worf
  • 07-25-2012, 09:16 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Our friends up norf believe in trollage!

Worf

We must. We keep voting them into positions of power.

:skep:
  • 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

I must be gettin' old. Someone PM me and let me know what he's on about now?

Worf

The thought of doing this has me laughing non-stop.:crazy:
  • 07-26-2012, 04:18 PM
    Quote:

Yeah. I think a part of you misses having them around.

Yeah, just like I miss the taste of spoiled sourcrout and cabbage.
  • 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
    thekid
    Quote:

spoiled sourcrout and cabbage.

Isn't that redundant????????
    In honor of Pix...... :D
  • 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Yeah, just like I miss the taste of spoiled sourcrout and cabbage.

But, if you were to beat your head agaist a wall 24/7 for 5 years, wouldn't you miss it when you stopped?:crazy:
  • 07-27-2012, 05:49 AM
    Worf101
    Spew!!!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid View Post

Dang it! Second cup of coffee lost this morning... Well played Sir... well played.

Worf
  • 07-27-2012, 01:44 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid View Post

Yeah, which means it is twice as bad.....
  • 07-27-2012, 01:50 PM
    Quote:

But, if you were to beat your head agaist a wall 24/7 for 5 years, wouldn't you miss it when you stopped?:crazy:

GM, que me vuelves loco con estas situaciones. Para responder a tu pregunta no!

Translation

You drive me crazy with these scenarios. The answer to your question is no!

I would rather help people get better sound from their system, than to argue with an idiot who can't set one up right in the first place - but think they know EVERYTHING.
  • 07-30-2012, 04:37 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

GM, que me vuelves loco con estas situaciones. Para responder a tu pregunta no!

Translation

You drive me crazy with these scenarios. The answer to your question is no!

I would rather help people get better sound from their system, than to argue with an idiot who can't set one up right in the first place - but think they know EVERYTHING.

So, are you saying that, uh, plasma isn't really, gulp, dead?