Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JSE

That KARMA, she's a Beeeatch! Ain't she?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081006/D93KS0600.html

Legally speaking, I think the right decision was made from what I have read. He deserved to be found guilty based on the facts of this case.

Emotionally speaking, I don't give a rat's arse if he was railroaded in the this situation or not, he got "some" of what he has deserved for a long. I tend to think of this as just a small inconvenience for him on his road to "true" punishment.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm completely indifferent to this whole thing. But I do think that anyone who's dodged a bullet as big as he did should be able to learn from the experience and keep his nose clean. Obviously that's not the case here. Simpson is an idiot who deserves whatever he gets. I doubt that the judge will show any leniency in his sentencing and I wouldn't be surprised if he got whatever the maximum sentence is, as many people will view this as him finally getting his comeuppance.

Of interest, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081006/D93KS0600.html

Legally speaking, I think the right decision was made from what I have read. He deserved to be found guilty based on the facts of this case.

Emotionally speaking, I don't give a rat's arse if he was railroaded in the this situation or not, he got "some" of what he has deserved for a long. I tend to think of this as just a small inconvenience for him on his road to "true" punishment.
    Up here in the Great White Northt it's illegal for a juror to discuss or divulge any information whatsoever about jury deliberations. The OJ jurors would be facing their own time for giving this sort of info to the press.

I was a juror on a couple of criminal trials. I learned one thing: because a person cannot be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt, it doesn't mean s/he is innocent, (only that s/he must be treated that way).

Why does this tedious fellow get so much attention?

He is, as my wise and beautiful wife so eloquently puts it, air.

Sigh....

All these years later and some folks still can't leave this guy alone.

1. He either killed his wife or had her killed.

2. He hired better lawyers and got away with it.

3. Is he any worse than Robert Blake or Phil Spector? No but he's the biggest villain since sliced bread and some still can't wait for him to do time. Where were the protests and 24 Hour TV about Blake or Spector enh? Why no outrage? Not Black and White enough for ya? Jeeezus Christ on a crutch what blatent hypocrisy!!!!

4. Okay, now that you've gotten "even" can we STFU about this guy? The world's going to hell in a hand basket, the economy's melting, there are 150K more unemployed folks in this country and THIS is still on people's minds?

Anyone still obsessed with O.J.? God help you.

Da Worfster

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    All these years later and some folks still can't leave this guy alone.

1. He either killed his wife or had her killed.

2. He hired better lawyers and got away with it.

3. Is he any worse than Robert Blake or Phil Spector? No but he's the biggest villain since sliced bread and some still can't wait for him to do time. Where were the protests and 24 Hour TV about Blake or Spector enh? Why no outrage? Not Black and White enough for ya? Jeeezus Christ on a crutch what blatent hypocrisy!!!!

4. Okay, now that you've gotten "even" can we STFU about this guy? The world's going to hell in a hand basket, the economy's melting, there are 150K more unemployed folks in this country and THIS is still on people's minds?

Anyone still obsessed with O.J.? God help you.

Da Worfster
    I hear you on 1 & 2 and even 3 but OJ seemed to bring a lot of the media attention on himself with the whole Bronco event. He was also a much bigger Hollywood/NFL name at the time of the murders. Blake and Spector were washed up out of the public eye for the most part. They are just were/are just a guilty in my eyes but just did not have the "name recognition" as OJ. OJ's story was juicy. (C'mon that was funny!) However, there was still the Black/White factor that brought about attention. I don't think anyone can deny that.

#4 - I also could care less but it's news and it's always nice to see scum get what they have coming. Blake and Spector will get theirs. It might take a while, but Karma has a good memory.

C'mon, guys; this is what we've always done when the chips are down: burned a coupla witches and find the local scapegoat....

Golly. Makes me feel all...Christian!

(Zap! Ouch!)

I agree with you Worf, but unfortunately celebrity arrests, regardless of the reason, bring out the worst of the media finding ways to waste our time. I mean, how many times did you see Heather Locklear's mug shot this week? So she was picked up for DUI. Big deal, it happens to thousands of people every single day but you don't see them on the 6:00 news.

At least an arrest and a court case are somewhat newsworthy. If the media is going to waste my time, better with something like this than Paris Hilton's latest cry for attention.

Isn't that the price of fame? For better or worse, it seems that either way the spot light can either burn or burnish you, and knowing this celebrities would be well advised to behave themselves or conduct their affairs more discreetly. It seems to be a tacit agreement that in exchange for stature and lucre, celebrities sacrifice privacy and the ability to be dumb (human)....

O.J. may have been trotted out as a whipping boy, but he he's a lost soul who needs a good pop upside the head!

That's about it

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    I... He was also a much bigger Hollywood/NFL name at the time of the murders. Blake and Spector were washed up out of the public eye for the most part. They are just were/are just a guilty in my eyes but just did not have the "name recognition" as OJ. OJ's story was juicy. (C'mon that was funny!) However, there was still the Black/White factor that brought about attention. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Who the eff is Robert Blake? Who's Phil Spector? I had to look them up on Wikipedia. OJ was at the time of his arrest a much bigger celebrity -- heck, even I recognized who he was and I'd never watched NFL nor Leslie Nielsen movies either.

Come on; please. The black/white thing was worked up by OJ's lawyers in the hope it would secure in his acquittal which it pretty much did. But it wasn't whitie's craving for revenge that got him into his current predicament: it was his own stupidity.

Obsessed with OJ? Not hardly, but I did get a bit of laugh hearing of his conviction.

Suspended
    If you can afford to do the crime, you won't do the time. That's what I always say. OJ's broke now, so he'll be doing time.

I think that maxim holds true when the skies are blue and the birds are singing in the trees; but now it's pretty dark and quiet....It's torture time!

("Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!")
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 11-06-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Errrr...

Want to apologize for my original post, I was feeling depressed and snarky. Didn't need to shout, but hey, perhaps I did. Good thng Grass Skirt knew I wasn't screaming at him.

Da Worfster

Suspended
    An apollogetic Klingon. Good grief! What's this world coming to?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Want to apologize for my original post, I was feeling depressed and snarky. Didn't need to shout, but hey, perhaps I did. Good thng Grass Skirt knew I wasn't screaming at him.

Da Worfster
    No need to apologize Worfster. You were representing a perfectly vaild viewpoint amongst several...and because the elements of the original case are so charged it obscures the current issues.

O.J. is a despicable neanderthal and thug, but we should all be a little concerned when those within the legal system start using sentencing guidelines as a method of redress for past criminal acts, guilty or acquitted. As you noted, the whole system is based on the current charges not past sins one's hotshot lawyers have already brought to conclusion.

At the same time it is fair to say that he would't be in this position if he'd been a law-abiding citizen.

Let's remember that, ultimately, they put Capone away for tax evasion not murder...and ironically it was the Beretta babes that sang, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...".
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    I was watching some of "Naked Gun 2&1/2" last night and I caught the scene where OJ's character was on a mechanics creeper (I think) and he got swept under the bus. That scene was hilarious!

You're gonna have to better than that to get under my skin, Worf. No need to ap.

It's just that....

I don't like yelling, and I was. The only time I like yelling is at umpires, refs, non-performing multi-millionaire athletes and my knuckleheaded son. Other than that, I prefer to stay chilled, cool and classy.. like Quai Chang Cain. You know, have adventures and walk the earth n' chit like dat dere.

Da Worfster

Yelling? Nothing in your post was capitalized.

IT'S ONLY YELLING IF YOU USE UPPERCASE LETTERS! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING?

GAWD!!!

OJ used to be one of my all time heroes. It was tough for me to find out that he is just a man. A man who makes bad choices.

FA, please don't yell at Worf that way. He's very sensitive you know.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    OJ used to be one of my all time heroes. It was tough for me to find out that he is just a man. A man who makes bad choices.

FA, please don't yell at Worf that way. He's very sensitive you know.
    Yeah, what's up with him recently?

Come on Worf, snap out of it. What would the Klingon equivalent of Star Fleet Command do if they found out you were being all wishy-washy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Yeah, what's up with him recently?

Come on Worf, snap out of it. What would the Klingon equivalent of Star Fleet Command do if they found out you were being all wishy-washy?
    Call him a Nancy and cut off his.....
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

JSE
    Good thng Grass Skirt knew I wasn't screaming at him.

Da Worfster
    Yeah, I know you better than that. Everyone needs to blow off a little steam now and then. I knew you were just venting.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Call him a Nancy and cut off his.....
    What are you, ?!?!?!

YOU call him a frickin' Nancy! I'll be haulin' azz in the other direction!

I just post here....(sinks into cushion of chair)
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information