• 08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
    likeitloud
    Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case
    The bungling keystone cops of boulder co. got a break when some F#@King ASS*&#E
    was aressted in thailand on another child murder, and confessed to killing Ramsey
    and knowing some stuff only the cops know about. He was a TEACHER in a nearby
    school. Lets see this MF'er burn. Is it any wonder I still pick up my teenage daughter
    no matter where, what time it is, I don't care. These friggin sick basturds are EVERY-
    WHERE. She starts driving next year, and I'm Freaking. Anyway, heres the lastest info
    http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf
  • 08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
    Woochifer
    What an absolute nightmare for the parents to be under that cloud of suspicion all these years. They were practically tried and convincted in the media before the investigation could get back on track. I remember that A&E a couple of years ago aired a pretty thorough documentary on the case, and it was a harsh indictment of the Boulder Police Department and the DA's office for the degree to which they narrowed the suspects down to the parents in the early part of the investigation despite clear signs of intrusion. A lot of that was very surprising to me because the media reports that I saw kept inferring that the parents were hiding something and impeding the investigation.

    If anything, this arrest seems to clear the Ramseys who've gone through a living hell all these years, while the wife died of cancer less than two months ago.
  • 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
    likeitloud
    It is good to know the parents are in the clear, I really did'nt think they were involved,
    although, that has happened in other cases. With the wife dying, I knew she was innocent, as she would have wanted to get something like that of her chest before dying.
    It will be interesting to see how the crime happened, remember this was christmas eve, and a big party had just happened, and there were still a few people in the house. There are lots of questions on this, that should be interesting to follow.
  • 08-17-2006, 07:11 AM
    L.J.
    Very Sad!
    You can never be too careful. My son is getting a little older (7yrs) and he wants to spend time at neighborhood friends homes and buddies at school. My wife and I are having a hard time with this. You just never know who's who anymore.

    A friend gave me a link to this site and we were shocked at how many sexual offenders are out there.
  • 08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
    Woochifer
    Even though it looks like a smoking gun with this suspect, I can see that the media frenzy is starting all over again. What always bothered me about this case is how Jonbenet's participation in child beauty pageants got exploited into something lurid -- I mean, how many pictures has anybody seen of Jonbenet other than the glamour shots from those pageants? Just as the Ramseys almost got railroaded by the police, DA's office, and the media, I get the same impression that the guy they just arrested will have already been convicted in the media before his trial even starts.
  • 08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
    JohnMichael
    I can not imagine the worry parents of children live with daily. I am glad the killer has been apprehended. I hope the Ramseys' can find peace. I wish any male who is tempted by chidren has the good sense to be castrated. On the other hand the question that is asked in Dishwalla's song Pretty Babies, "Why do we erotocise our children?" makes me wonder why we have chidren in beauty pagents.
  • 08-17-2006, 01:32 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by likeitloud
    It will be interesting to see how the crime happened, remember this was christmas eve, and a big party had just happened, and there were still a few people in the house. There are lots of questions on this, that should be interesting to follow.

    The suspect's ex-wife has already publicly stated that he was with her and their kids at that time celebrating Christmas in Georgia. It will be interesting to find out how the suspect kept up with the Ramseys when they moved from GA when JonBenet was about one year old.
  • 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Even though it looks like a smoking gun with this suspect, I can see that the media frenzy is starting all over again. What always bothered me about this case is how Jonbenet's participation in child beauty pageants got exploited into something lurid -- I mean, how many pictures has anybody seen of Jonbenet other than the glamour shots from those pageants? Just as the Ramseys almost got railroaded by the police, DA's office, and the media, I get the same impression that the guy they just arrested will have already been convicted in the media before his trial even starts.

    It seems like I remember Geraldo saying publicly about the Ramseys "you know they did it, you know they did it". I hope he has to eat those words and that every talking head who affirmatively and publicly pronounced them guilty has to watch their segments aired over and over again. Unfortunately, only the Daily Show would have the gumption to go back and dig up all those public pronouncements and edit them together into one mind-blowing, humiliating segment.
  • 08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
    PAT.P
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by L.J.
    You can never be too careful. My son is getting a little older (7yrs) and he wants to spend time at neighborhood friends homes and buddies at school. My wife and I are having a hard time with this. You just never know who's who anymore.

    A friend gave me a link to this site and we were shocked at how many sexual offenders are out there.

    It very sad we have to keep eyes open all the time.My son is 9 years old and we keep him at all time in sight.I even had to explain to him there are sick people in this world.He told me dont worry I take judo and will kick them in their balls.Please child proof your kids ,better be a mother hen then to have something bad happen.We live in a sick world.:incazzato:
  • 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM
    likeitloud
    All things we need to be concerned about as parents, and just good citizens. I
    went to that national sex offender website, and was FLOORED to learn how many
    are here in norcal. Any way, lets keep the kids close, and watchout out for each other.
    It's a war out there. Oh yeah, the child pagent thing was just strange, and still is.