Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 327
  1. #1
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577

    AR.com PS3 Online Gaming Thread

    OK, a couple of members and myself thought it would be cool for us PS3 owners to get together and do some online gaming. There's a few things we need to agree on before this can get done. First we need to decide on a game. I'm thinking a game that supports at least 8 online players, pretty simple to play, and is inexpensive to purchase(although renting may be an option for some).

    Also, we have to come up with a day and time. Weekends would probably work out the best. We could even check in here and get everyone together. The PS3 also allows you to communicate with "friends" via video, voice or message, and you are able to see who's online and what they're doing. I added GM & Rich a while ago and I can see when they're online, what they're if it involves gaming and I can shoot them a quick message. So if you haven't logged into the network and created an online ID, you need to get one and post it here so you can be added to everyone's friends list.

    ID's we have so far:


    LJay = LJ
    Detroit_Irish = DetroitIrish
    GMB2000 = GM
    rich3fan = Rich n Texas


    So, first things first, we need to decide on a game. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Loving This kexodusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Posts
    9,025
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    OK, a couple of members and myself thought it would be cool for us PS3 owners to get together and do some online gaming. There's a few things we need to agree on before this can get done. First we need to decide on a game. I'm thinking a game that supports at least 8 online players, pretty simple to play, and is inexpensive to purchase(although renting may be an option for some).

    Also, we have to come up with a day and time. Weekends would probably work out the best. We could even check in here and get everyone together. The PS3 also allows you to communicate with "friends" via video, voice or message, and you are able to see who's online and what they're doing. I added GM & Rich a while ago and I can see when they're online, what they're if it involves gaming and I can shoot them a quick message. So if you haven't logged into the network and created an online ID, you need to get one and post it here so you can be added to everyone's friends list.

    ID's we have so far:


    LJay = LJ
    Detroit_Irish = DetroitIrish
    GMB2000 = GM
    rich3fan = Rich n Texas


    So, first things first, we need to decide on a game. Thoughts?
    I'm one of the members who's all for this too - I generally suck at gaming, but like to try...

    Oh, my ID

    kexodusc = kexodusc

    So what's everyone's fancy...a shoot'em kill'em game? Hockey, football, racing? Some trivia game? Etc,etc...

  3. #3
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Oh, my ID

    kexodusc = kexodusc
    Earth-freakin'-shattering!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kex
    So what's everyone's fancy...a shoot'em kill'em game? Hockey, football, racing? Some trivia game? Etc,etc...
    Grand Theft Auto.

  4. #4
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    I need to play a game that will help me to produce new neural pathways in my brain.

    Doesn't topspeed aka Imslo have a PS3? I know he was playing COD4 (probably still is ) a few months ago but I'm not sure it was on a PS3 or XBOX.

  5. #5
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    I vote for Warhawk. Up to 32 players online(hopefully we can just keep it at our little AR group) a free demo is available online, so we can become familiar with the game before purchasing and Amazon has it for $29.99 with a free bluetooth headset. $19.99 for the game only.

    BTW I have nearly every sports game from 07 if someone feels like getting beat at Madden

  6. #6
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Burnout is $20 now. I supports lots of players and is a blast to play.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  7. #7
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    I don't have a racing wheel and I'm still having a difficult time getting used to the PS3 controller, so any game that's not so controller intensive would be a plus for starters. I am a big fan of first person shooters though.

  8. #8
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    I suggest that you all get XBox's so that I can play!!!

  9. #9
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523

    Wipeout HD hands down..

    If i had a PS3 the first thing I would do is buy Wipeout HD. At the moment, it's only available via download, but it's cheap! About 20 bucks I believe. At 1080p, 60 frames/second, it looks stunning and I can't wait to play it.
    Have a look if you're not familiar with the series:
    http://www.wipeouthd.com/en_US/index.html
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FO7mp-lyYnQ

  10. #10
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I suggest that you all get XBox's so that I can play!!!
    I suggest that you sell your xbox on eBay and purchase a PS3. I think GM would agree.

  11. #11
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I suggest that you all get XBox's so that I can play!!!
    You want to play with us?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  12. #12
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I suggest that you all get XBox's so that I can play!!!

    This is a good excuse for you to get a PS3 now

  13. #13
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    We'll support you in any way we can FA.

  14. #14
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    I could do racing if everyone agrees on it.....But, I'd much rather blow one of your heads off in a shooting game


    BTW, if anyone is interested in the game AA mentioned, I believe the demo is available on the PSN.

  15. #15
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    We'll support you in any way we can FA.
    You guys are too much.....We need some more women on AR to balance things out

  16. #16
    Loving This kexodusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Posts
    9,025
    I think some sort of shooting or sports game would be fun but I'll go with the group.
    ....how do I add you folks anyway?
    ..

  17. #17
    Loving This kexodusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Posts
    9,025
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I suggest that you all get XBox's so that I can play!!!
    FA...I have an xbox 360 - whenever you want to dual on guitar hero 2 or III, just lemme know...or if you need to get vaporized at Halo 3...either way....

  18. #18
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I think some sort of shooting or sports game would be fun but I'll go with the group.
    ....how do I add you folks anyway?
    ..
    Everyone shoots you a message asking you to be a friend or buddy or something like that. All you have to do is accept.

  19. #19
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    Hmmm...What about Resistance? I was gonna pick that one up anyways. 1st person shooter, excellent single player story, up to 40 online players, going for 19.99 @ amazon. You guys can give it a try on the PSN. It's one of my favorite demos.

    http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Fal...6702052&sr=8-1

  20. #20
    Loving This kexodusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Posts
    9,025
    Okay, I'm going to buy resistance tonight, with or without you guys...I need a new game

  21. #21
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,577
    I'm down for Resistance. Rich & GM, you guys in?

    Again, excellent single player story. I can't get my bro to shut up about it.

    BTW Kex, if you happen to stumble across a used Madden 07........

  22. #22
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    I'll demo it tonite.

    Disregard. I already have the demo. I'll continue to practice and maybe at some point I'll score my first kill.

    This was a dumb post.
    Last edited by Rich-n-Texas; 11-15-2008 at 04:05 PM.

  23. #23
    Loving This kexodusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Posts
    9,025
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I'm down for Resistance. Rich & GM, you guys in?

    Again, excellent single player story. I can't get my bro to shut up about it.

    BTW Kex, if you happen to stumble across a used Madden 07........
    Ok...bought Resistance...I'm out of town most of tomorrow but back Sunday...hopefully I can try it out tonight. Man you can get that game used for $15 around here!

    I'll have to go find a headset though, this store was out of stock

    In the meantime, if we agree on a racing game I'll go back and get that too.

  24. #24
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    FA...I have an xbox 360 - whenever you want to dual on guitar hero 2 or III, just lemme know...or if you need to get vaporized at Halo 3...either way....
    First I need to buy Guitar Hero. We've been so focused on choosing a bloody backsplash that I haven't had time for anything else.

    Then I need to practice so that I don't totally embarrass myself.

    I'll let you know when I'm ready!

  25. #25
    Loving This kexodusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Posts
    9,025

    Vive la Résistance

    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I'm down for Resistance. Rich & GM, you guys in?

    Again, excellent single player story. I can't get my bro to shut up about it.

    BTW Kex, if you happen to stumble across a used Madden 07........
    Holy crap.
    Okay, after about an hour so a few things came to mind...this shooter feels like someone tried merging the Halo and Call of Duty franchises into a weird post WWII sci-fi military thing.
    Might not be the most original game but it's not exactly a straight knock off either. And it's a ton of fun. Starts off a bit lackluster but gets a lot better..It reminds me of the other 2 games but in all the good ways. The sounds and scenery are top notch.

    Good pick LJ! Now I gotta go kill me some Leapers...who's with me!!!!

    I better be careful...gotta flight to catch in about 3 hrs...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •