Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    My copy is on it's way. Not bad for $19.99. When I got my PS3 2 years ago, I was lucky to come across any title for under $40.

Anyways, GM & Rich...Resistance is it. Go out and get it. My bro is down to go some rounds too. This game is great for single player mode as well so you'll get plenty of play for your $$$. You'll find excellent reviews everywhere!

Hopefully Wooch & Top will be joining in soon.

Suspended
    Will do L.J. I need to put something else in my Amazon cart to get free shipping on this, then I get it ordered. There were something like 200 reviews about it at Amazon, almost all 5 stars so you know a LOT of people own and are happy with it already.

Oh, forgot to mention 7.1 lossless PCM track. SWEET!!!!!

Rich, I found a lot of newer released CD's on sale for 9.99 @ Amazon. I needed 2 items as well

Suspended
    Always looking for new CD's to add to my slowly but surely growing collection.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Rich, you could always just buy me something to get the free shipping - Burnout Paradise maybe?

Suspended
    Merry Christmas Kex!

Hmmm....I was just thinking that there are a few demos that have online access. Not sure to what degree, but I'll look into it. Warhawk may be one of the games. I've played a few others online too, I think one was Blazing Angels. The burnout demo has online play as well. If it works out, we'll all have the online demo games available and it won't cost a dime.

I also bought that bowling game just try it out. It's actually a lot of fun for $9.99.

Hey GM, you picking up Resistance or what? 19.99 @ Amazon. One of PS3's best games!!!

Suspended
    Mine will be shipping in the next day or so along with a Robin Trower's Greatest Hits CD. Just to forewarn you online gamers, I'm a relative n00b when it comes to this mode of gameplay. I've rarely done more than play as an observer and I'm not so sure I want to be seen and/or heard while playing the game.

It might be a hard sell (yes even at $20) to the little woman. Yesterday was her birthday and she couldn't get what she wanted due to a lack of funds. I'm trying to think of a way to justify a game purchase of any kind right now.
    I have tried the demo though. Hope you guys don't mind friendly fire, as I seem to suck at the shooting games. (Hey GM, stop shooting us. And get your a$$ out of that corner. Don't you know what you're doing? OK, you're going down sucker. Everyone, blow GM away)

Yeah Kex. That bowling game is fun. Great for when you have company. Have you seen the old lady yet? My wife dies laughing at her.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Mine will be shipping in the next day or so along with a Robin Trower's Greatest Hits CD. Just to forewarn you online gamers, I'm a relative n00b when it comes to this mode of gameplay. I've rarely done more than play as an observer and I'm not so sure I want to be seen and/or heard while playing the game.
    Rich, I usually get owned by mouth 12 year olds when I play games online...no worries.

I think we can create our own matches or whatever so it's just us playing each other against another group, or make our team, and so forth. Of course there's alwasy the deathmatch (every man for himself) options. We'll go easy on you.

Suspended
    Thanks Kex, I feel better now.

Fundraiser for GM? I'll contribute some brownies for the bake sale!

OK well the bowling game is a option. 3 of us own it already so that puts the pressure on Rich to get it. It's only 9.99 Rich man

GM, since Resistance is a greatest hits title, you may be able to find a used copy for under 20. No pressure though buddy, I was on BR lockdown a while back myself. We may be able to play some free online demo games also...I'll look into that today.

Also, I have no problem getting Burnout.

GM, do you have any other games that or playable online...PSN or Disc?

Thanks Kex, I feel better now.

Fundraiser for GM? I'll contribute some brownies for the bake sale!
    Things will work out. Thanks for the brownies though.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I think we can create our own matches or whatever so it's just us playing each other against another group, or make our team, and so forth. Of course there's alwasy the deathmatch (every man for himself) options. We'll go easy on you.
    Hmm...I wonder if we can create our own locked room and call it AR.com or something like that? When I play my bro online, we both enter the same room and send private challenge to each other. Not sure how that works with a group.

OK, so the Warhawk demo is available for online play. I was able to create a room, limit the number of joining players and so on.

Blazing Angels 2 demo has online play as well. You can again, create a room, view your friends list for game invites and so on.

Lost Planet demo, Enemy Territory Quake Wars.......Quit a few options to choose from. I think Warhawk is a good place to start. Everyone just needs to download the demo and then we have to figure out a time. I'm gonna start practicing so I can snip Rich from the rooftops a million times

Suspended
    HEY! You jerk! I'm unarmed!!!

I'll nab Warhawk tonight...

HEY! You jerk! I'm unarmed!!!
    How are you typing without arms?

Suspended
    My nose. Sheesh!

Uh GM, did you miss post #39?

Suspended
    "the bowling game" Please specify the exact name of "the bowling game".

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    OK well the bowling game is a option. 3 of us own it already so that puts the pressure on Rich to get it. It's only 9.99 Rich man

GM, since Resistance is a greatest hits title, you may be able to find a used copy for under 20. No pressure though buddy, I was on BR lockdown a while back myself. We may be able to play some free online demo games also...I'll look into that today.

Also, I have no problem getting Burnout.

GM, do you have any other games that or playable online...PSN or Disc?

Yeah, I did miss this one.
    Bowling works. Do I get to be the old farting woman?
    Burnout is still fun to me, even after 200 hours of playing it. I've only gone online for about an hour though. It was just a bunch of kids randomly slamming into each other. I hear that it's more fun with a group who want to complete the on-line challenges.
    They keep coming out with free upgrades to the game too. The last upgrade (BIKES) includes an area where you can hear construction sounds near where they plan the next upgrade at the east bridge.
    Haven't tried going online with anything else. I'll have to see if I can sync honey's BT earpiece to the PS3. Otherwise I'll just be listening to you guys and looking like Dopy from Snow White.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yeah, I did miss this one.
    Bowling works. Do I get to be the old farting woman?
    Burnout is still fun to me, even after 200 hours of playing it. I've only gone online for about an hour though. It was just a bunch of kids randomly slamming into each other. I hear that it's more fun with a group who want to complete the on-line challenges.
    They keep coming out with free upgrades to the game too. The last upgrade (BIKES) includes an area where you can hear construction sounds near where they plan the next upgrade at the east bridge.
    Haven't tried going online with anything else. I'll have to see if I can sync honey's BT earpiece to the PS3. Otherwise I'll just be listening to you guys and looking like Dopy from Snow White.
    200 hours? Wow. I haven't got that much time out of a video game since the original Nintendo.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information