EBAY IS A SCAM. Buyers be aware.

So I bought a record from a seller on Ebay while back. I'm having a trouble with one of a seller right now, but what I'm writing now isn't about that.

This seller said nothing about how he grades his items. He told me it was in mint condition. I ended up paying $8, and was extremely happy when I got in mail. It looked great but when I played it, it sounded like CRAP!!!!

So I left a negative feedback. I ended up getting a couple of threatning messages from the seller. I told him that he didnt tell me that he graded everything visually. He told me it's not neccesary to play each record and is not worth his time.

I was just checking my Ebay account, and my feedback comment has been CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

This is what my comment said

"Great communication. A pleasure to do business with."

WHAT!!!!!!!?????????

The way that seller contacted me, I would've never changed my comment to that. Also once you leave a comment you cannot change it back. Period.

Dear Ebay,

Fcuk You!!

peace, JRA

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    So I bought a record from a seller on Ebay while back. I'm having a trouble with one of a seller right now, but what I'm writing now isn't about that.

This seller said nothing about how he grades his items. He told me it was in mint condition. I ended up paying $8, and was extremely happy when I got in mail. It looked great but when I played it, it sounded like CRAP!!!!

So I left a negative feedback. I ended up getting a couple of threatning messages from the seller. I told him that he didnt tell me that he graded everything visually. He told me it's not neccesary to play each record and is not worth his time.

I was just checking my Ebay account, and my feedback comment has been CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

This is what my comment said

"Great communication. A pleasure to do business with."

WHAT!!!!!!!?????????

The way that seller contacted me, I would've never changed my comment to that. Also once you leave a comment you cannot change it back. Period.

Dear Ebay,

Fcuk You!!

peace, JRA
    Have you contacted Ebay yet?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular

Wink Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Have you contacted Ebay yet?
    You must be under the delusion that eBay is not in on such goings-on. I suspect they let their Power Seller cash-cows do a lot of tweaking, and may even provide the software. The very term "Power Seller" makes me suspect that all is not above board, and I tend to not buy from PS's. I've been burned a few times, and PS's are rabidly defensive of their feedback - even after they've screwed you, negative feedback is greeted with "How could you do that to ME??!"

Laz

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Well i got and payed for a dvd on the 8th. I'm still waiting.
    Look & Listen

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    It's unfortunate that this kind of stuff goes on. It really ruins it for the legitimate sellers. My sister-in-law runs a legitimate business on ebay and experiences like these really hurt her. Ebay is going to have to find a way to clean up their act or people are just going to stop using their site.

I do a lot of on-line shopping. I've even bid in on-line auctions for sports memorabilia, but I would never purchase anything on ebay. I know too many people who've been screwed.

Allowing someone else to change your comments is just plain unscrupulous.

Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    You must be under the delusion that eBay is not in on such goings-on. I suspect they let their Power Seller cash-cows do a lot of tweaking, and may even provide the software. The very term "Power Seller" makes me suspect that all is not above board, and I tend to not buy from PS's. I've been burned a few times, and PS's are rabidly defensive of their feedback - even after they've screwed you, negative feedback is greeted with "How could you do that to ME??!"

Laz
    I don't do a lot of Ebay business. J&R Musicworld sells some refurbs and open box deals that are only available through Ebay. Those are the only purchases I've made. I tried to sell my Harley through them a few months back. I got an email saying that I was a questionable seller and they revoked my account. I haven't bothered with them sense.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information