Sergei Gonchar
    Mattias Ohlund
    Scott Niedermayer
    Jamie Langerbrunner
    Nicklas Backstrom
    Jussi Jokinen
    Ray Emery
    Cristobal Huet

It's a fairly well-rounded team with a two competent goalies and a really strong defense. However, the problem is this....

Langerbrunner is out 2 months, Niedermayer is still in question for this year and Steve Sullivan is out until at least December. Anyone have any thoughts? Are these 3 guys worth keeping in the lineup (they are on the bench right now b/c I don't 'need' them), but are they too questionable and would it be worth trading them or dumping them at this early stage? Thoughts?

The Sedin sisters are usually pretty close in points so you can't go wrong picking Daniel up if you can.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Your D is deadly, but what are the rules - if you can only play so many man-games on D I would trade a guy like Pronger, or even Whitney to beef up your forwards.
    Sullivan is solid, but out as you know - if you can keep him, he's a solid point-a-game player later
    Parise - oooh....hard to say - they lost a lot of PP help in Rafalski and Gomez and should score less this year, but Parise will get more opportunity. Could go either way...but he's one I'd try and upgrade if you could
    Erik Cole - this guy gets hurt a lot - good guy to trade early
    Neidermeyer is not likely to come back, and if he does he wont' be in game shape for quite some time. Dunno what you should do here, guess it depends on your scoring rules. If you can keep him as an extra, he might be worth the gamble. Otherwise, maybe you should look to get a guy like A. Markov or J. Pitkanen, guys who will both get bigger roles this year on D. Joe Corvo too.

Jussi Jokinen? Depth guy I assume?
    Cristobal Huet - The Habs new super goalie is going to steal a lot of his games - can you try and target a more reliable 2nd goalie? Peter Budaj, Chris Mason or Thomas Vokoun seem to be ignored a lot this year. Marty Biron in Philly is a good bet too. Emery will get 40-45 wins for you.

Hard to make recommendations without knowing your league rules for scoring though - you could be very well off, or in need of some serious help.

Update...

Ok,

So I dropped LANGENBRUNNER and SULLVIAN and picked up

OWEN NOLAN and JERE LEHTINEN.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Ok,

So I dropped LANGENBRUNNER and SULLVIAN and picked up

OWEN NOLAN and JERE LEHTINEN.
    Two guys near the end of their careers, but, both are capable of scoring 20 goals or more and 60 pts....if they have "rebound seasons" you'll thank yourself later.
    Keep an eye on Sullivan, pick him up later in the year when he's due back. He's a point a game player when he's healthy.

Opening night, Leafs & Sens on HiDef...Does life get any better?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    What are the rules in the league? Money a factor? PMs?

Langenbruner's got very bad knees and probably won't play alot. I doubt Neidermeyer will be back. I like the idea of (temporarily) dumping Sullivan. Parise will benefit from increase icetime but will trade that off with a significantly less talented and aging team.You picked the wrong Jokinen.

Think outside the envelope. Jonny Sim on the Islanders could be poised for a breakout year. Kex is right that Martin Biron should win a few with a vastly improved Philly team. See if Sheldon Souray is available. If penalties are points Ben Eager and Derek Boogaard can't be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    What are the rules in the league? Money a factor? PMs?

Langenbruner's got very bad knees and probably won't play alot. I doubt Neidermeyer will be back. I like the idea of (temporarily) dumping Sullivan. Parise will benefit from increase icetime but will trade that off with a significantly less talented and aging team.You picked the wrong Jokinen.

Think outside the envelope. Jonny Sim on the Islanders could be poised for a breakout year. Kex is right that Martin Biron should win a few with a vastly improved Philly team. See if Sheldon Souray is available. If penalties are points Ben Eager and Derek Boogaard can't be overlooked.
    Unfortunately none of those players are avilable, although I do have the other Jokinen playing on another one of my Fantasy Teams, which that team also includes Hasek and Brodeur...talk about a stacked goaltending team.

The delio...

I am playing in a non-betting Yahoo Fantasy League where points are based on the following:

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG,

Goalie W, SV%, GAA, SHO

I have slots for 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 C, 4 D, 2 G, 4 Bench. It's rotisserie style, not head-to-head matchups.

So much for that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/p...?urn=nhl,49488

Sheldon Sourey is out for a shoulder surgery as well, so my sage wisdom is pretty much the kiss of death for people's health and wellbeing. Eager and Boogs better not walk under any ladders or ride a rollercoaster...

So much for that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/p...?urn=nhl,49488

Sheldon Sourey is out for a shoulder surgery as well, so my sage wisdom is pretty much the kiss of death for people's health and wellbeing. Eager and Boogs better not walk under any ladders or ride a rollercoaster...

I picked up Nik Antropov, who is having a great start and looks to have a promising year, plus he racks up PIMs, which also help in this league.

I picked up Nik Antropov, who is having a great start and looks to have a promising year, plus he racks up PIMs, which also help in this league.
    PS, for the love of god, no hockey player is booed and criticized by his own fans for being an underachiever more than Nik Antropov - every year he has a 4 or 5 game hot streak, then disappears back into mediocrity.

Now's the time to trade him to a foolish Leafs fan or someone who chases stats 8 games into the season and get something of value for him. This guy is hockey pool poison.

Yeah, I think you could still benefit from some tweaking with the D-men, especially with PIMs counting. Check out Andy Sutton or Paul Mara and don't expect Jovo to stay in the desert much longer (hell, I just doomed all three of those guys).

Antropov is absolutely one big, cro magnon, drooling mofo.

Cody Murphy is getting a lot of praise and a lot of "hockey experts" here in Canada think he's the real deal - he's probably a waiver wire pick-up in most pools - could pad your D for ya.
    Jason Arnott is benefiting from top line duty again in Nashville, plays in the weakest division in hockey and seems to be overlooked a lot as well if you really need a forward.
    He's definitely more reliable than Antropov, and probably a better +/- by the end of the year.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Now's the time to trade him to a foolish Leafs fan.
    I resemble that remark.

Instigation thread

Whats worse?

1) The Rangers using their bad voodoo mojo on two topnotch rising stars; Drury + Gomez + $40 million = 3 goals

or

2) Losing to Atlanta (sorry FA)

Hhhhmmmnn....

Whats worse?

1) The Rangers using their bad voodoo mojo on two topnotch rising stars; Drury + Gomez + $40 million = 3 goals

or

2) Losing to Atlanta (sorry FA)

Hhhhmmmnn....
    I don't know I hate NYR, just about as much as Philly and NJ. I have always tended to like the Western teams a bit more, aside from The Pens. Here are my top fav. teams:

1. The Pens
    2. Vancouver
    3. Calgary
    4. San Jose
    5. Anaheim
    6. Minnesota
    7. Phoenix

After that...I don't really care. Maybe Toronto.

Favorite teams? Most Canucks fans I know would kill a Canucks fan that claimed his next favorite team was Calgary.

I hate 28 NHL teams, and really, really hate Toronto..

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Favorite teams? Most Canucks fans I know would kill a Canucks fan that claimed his next favorite team was Calgary.

I hate 28 NHL teams, and really, really hate Toronto..
    As a blatant Nucks fan, we wouldn't kill a Flames lover, just condemn them to a lifetime in Calgary.

Cruel and unusual punishment? You bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    As a blatant Nucks fan, we wouldn't kill a Flames lover, just condemn them to a lifetime in Calgary.

As bad as that it is, it still seems a little tame...maybe you weren't around when the Joel Otto game 7 goal was scored...if you were...that should stir up the hate-juice.

Trying to think who the natural Nuck-rival is? Colorado and Vancouver had a good thing going but I don't think they share the level of contempt for the Canucks as they do the Wings.

Yeah, but you see I look past the rivalry and can safely root for Calgary or Vancouver from 3000 miles away in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, but you see I look past the rivalry and can safely root for Calgary or Vancouver from 3000 miles away in Pittsburgh.
    That was said tongue in cheek, I like the Flames to, as well as the Pens (Crosby is a phenom).

I'm a hockey lover for the game first and I just happen to have a favorite team.

The way I see it, the biggest rivals of the 'Nucks today are Calgary,Minnesota and Edmonton but this may change as the season unfolds.

That was said tongue in cheek, I like the Flames to, as well as the Pens (Crosby is a phenom).

I'm a hockey lover for the game first and I just happen to have a favorite team.

The way I see it, the biggest rivals of the 'Nucks today are Calgary,Minnesota and Edmonton but this may change as the season unfolds.
    I prefer to follow talent, since more often than not talent goes where the money is and you don't have players that play for the same team more than a few years anyway, so I'd rather follow that player, but I can still have loyalty to a certain team. Ok, onto baseball for a moment....My dad was/is a huge Roger Clemens fan and it nearly killed him when Roger played for teams outside of Boston, especially the Yankees. So I guess I try to do the same with players I like in hockey.

Okay does anyone have Dustin Byfuglien? Who in the blue hell is that guy?

Thread Information