Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Another happy screw-up.

We purchased a table and six chairs for our kitchen from Sears. We wanted Chair A, but decided to go with the less expensive Chair B to save some money.

The set was delivered on Saturday and as they started to unpack the chairs we discovered that they delivered 4 of Chair A and 2 of Chair B! The delivery guys told us to use the six chairs and call Customer Service to have the problem corrected.

I spoke to Customer Service yesterday. They are letting us keep the 4 more expensive chairs and have ordered us two more of that same chair, all for the original price that we paid for Chair B.

Merry Christmas to us from Sears! LOL.

Good deal. Maybe you should order more of what you don't want to see if they'll send you something else again.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    What luck! You may want to buy lottery tickets while you're on a roll. It must be nice landing on the good side of a bad situation. It doesn't happen often enough. I would have guessed Sears couldn't find either chair and you'd be stuck with option 'C', which is never good. Enjoy the moment.

JSE
    Besides, I've got a big day tomorrow.
    But you guys have a great time.

A big day? Doing what?

Well, actually,
    pretty nice little Saturday.

We're going to Home Depot.

Buy some wallpaper,
    maybe get some flooring.

Stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath
    and Beyond, I don't know.

I don't know if we'll have enough time.

JSE, WTF are you talking about? Have you been drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Besides, I've got a big day tomorrow.
    But you guys have a great time.

A big day? Doing what?

Well, actually,
    pretty nice little Saturday.

We're going to Home Depot.

Buy some wallpaper,
    maybe get some flooring.

Stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath
    and Beyond, I don't know.

I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Errr..... Huh?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Wow, 2 weeks of spiked Eggnog can really wreak havoc on a guys senses, huh?

JSE
    Hummmmmmmmmph..................

Sticks will get it!

Frank the tank, old school, lame Saturdays spent shopping......?

Not that I am making fun of FA, I have spent many a day shopping for stuff for the house. I was thinking more of FA's husband's zombie-like starring at the array of table chairs while FA searches for just the right one.

Sticks will get it!

Not that I am making fun of FA, I have spent many a day shopping for stuff for the house. I was thinking more of FA's husband's zombie-like starring at the array of table chairs while FA searches for just the right one.
    Yeah, you can make fun of me all you want you skirt-wearing bastard. But here's the thing...

I actually hate shopping. And, even more, I hate shopping with my husband. He's the one who slows down the process. If I had my way, I'd just hire a decorator and give them a budget. Hubby is the one who wants to be more hands on. I saw that table in the second store that we went into. I liked it and was ready to purchase it on the spot. It was my husband who delayed the process by wanting to shop around more. So we wasted three more weeks and then went back to the table that I had picked out weeks ago. I've also found the china cabinet that I want and he's the holdout who wants to see what else is available.

You men folk say that you don't like to shop. But if that were really true then you'd just hand over your credit card and say "have fun, Honey!". Trust me, no woman that I know would argue with that.

Hey!!!

It's nice to see "GOOD" things happen to good peoples... Congrats... Thanks also for pulling the grass skirt up over JSE's head and pummeling the bastiche Hockey Stylee... that wuz fun!!! Can we have some more please???

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You men folk say that you don't like to shop. But if that were really true then you'd just hand over your credit card and say "have fun, Honey!". Trust me, no woman that I know would argue with that.
    My wife wants me to go with her. This way she can get, and ignore my input all at one time.

"But Honey, you've been looking at the same thing for 30 minutes. Don't you know if you want it yet?"

(silence)

"I'll wait in the electronics store"

(no, I need your input)

" OK, I like it. Lets get it."

(puts it back down and picks up the next item in the isle)

Repeat.......

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael

" OK, I like it. Lets get it."
    If only it were that simple.

FA, Congrats on the deal! I love it when that happens.

Just tell hubby w/ the money saved (I know, I know...to a man, the savings is all relative) you can go get the china cabinet!

I'm sure it will look great in the new kitchen!

If only it were that simple.
    But 9 times out of 10 it's something I don't give a rats @ss about. I do my best to pretend to care but I HATE shopping.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Sticks got it....

Sticks will get it!

I'm with ya Cartman. I'm readin your oeuvre, I'm down witcha mis en scene...sarcasm, exaggeration, hyperbole...all with the sole purpose of takin' a swipe at our northern momma bear.

Problem is I can't agree with you. I gotta thing for Karastan and Kaslunar rugs...and Corbusier...and McIntosh. Champagne wishes on a beer budget, eh, but I'll shop the hell outta them.

Have fun, Autumn.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Personally if I'm shopping furniture I love Bradinton-Young for leather goods. Habersham & Hooker our prob. my most fav's for furniture. They make the most beautiful pieces! (I have this membership I paid for that's served me well over the years for large purchases. I belong to Direct Buy and I've really saved a ton of $ on home furnishings thru them!)
    Kitchen wares are my other passion or should I say sickness!
    I'll shop for deals anytime ~ anywhere for Le Creuset and other kitchen gadgets. I think I could kill hours in a Sur La Table or Willams Sonoma. Good thing neither are in close proximity!

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Bed, Bath and Beyond
    That's one of my wife's and my favorite activites. We especially like the beyond part.

RR6

JSE
    Yeah, you can make fun of me all you want you skirt-wearing bastard. But here's the thing...

I actually hate shopping. And, even more, I hate shopping with my husband. He's the one who slows down the process. If I had my way, I'd just hire a decorator and give them a budget. Hubby is the one who wants to be more hands on. I saw that table in the second store that we went into. I liked it and was ready to purchase it on the spot. It was my husband who delayed the process by wanting to shop around more. So we wasted three more weeks and then went back to the table that I had picked out weeks ago. I've also found the china cabinet that I want and he's the holdout who wants to see what else is available.

Oooooouch! I feel, I feel, well...........................................

Nevermind.

Thread Information