Thumbs up Your Favorite Drink

Margarita if it's near, Crown & Coke if it's far

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    A good gin martini, single malt scotch but my favorite is wine. Oh and let us not forget French Champagne. If it is not made in the Champagne region of France it is sparkling wine. End of statement.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm with you on the Margarita's Smokey. But they have to be made with real lime juice...none of that sugary bottled crap that you buy in the supermarket. And also have to be on the rocks...no margarita slushies for me.

If I can't get a good Marg, then a nice shiraz or cab sav would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Oh and let us not forget French Champagne. If it is not made in the Champagne region of France it is sparkling wine. End of statement.
    I guess you're talking from experience since you been to France.

I could put up with Champagne, but not probably with wine...unless it come from wine region of France

Quote Originally Posted by FA
    I'm with you on the Margarita's Smokey. But they have to be made with real lime juice...none of that sugary bottled crap that you buy in the supermarket. And also have to be on the rocks...no margarita slushies for me.
    Most definitely. As a chaser I like to cut the lime in half, put salt on it and squeeze it in my mouth. Very refreshing.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Had a bottle of Knob Creek that's been collecting dust 'cause I'm not much of a bourbon drinker. But our mint patch is growing wild, it's hot and humid, somebody bought me a muddler as a small joke...So, I've been drinking some killer mint juleps lately. Muddle a bunch of fresh mint in a shaker with superfine sugar, add your quantity of bourbon (I add an ice cube). Shake well and strain into a glass of ice. mmmmm. If you use the right sugar it gets all milky cloudly and goes down well. Wishing it weren't 9am right now.

Let's see. Also enjoy 'martini' of Hendrick's Gin. I hesitate to call what I drink a martini. All I do is wet a a glass with water, dump the water out and add Hendricks. Ta dah. Same method applies for scotch. Tend to alternate between Balvenie & Dalmore with Dalmore being slightly better on the wallet (except that I splurged on the Gran Reserva recently.yum)

Washington and/or Spanish wines round out the drinking list lately. Oh, and beer...Harpoon IPA in a can.

TCA ATT GGA

Depending on my mood, I'd say either a caipirinha, Tanqueray & tonic, or Sam Adams Irish red.

Wonderful, wonderful topic. Another kudos to Smokey.

For beer, I like Sleeman Honey Brown Lager -- yes, I've enjoyed many international brews but this Canadian beets them all, (IMO) ...

Other great beers include Pilsner Urquell, Kronenbourg 1664, and Grolsch Lager.

I'm a wine drinker too but I look for affordable wines. In the Cheap Red category I haven't found anything to beat Gato Negro Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon, from Chile ...

I'm not much of a liquor drinker except Scotch. Personally I like The Glenlivet single-malt ...

Charm Thai™
    Not much of a hard liquor drinker anymore but if I'm not drinking beer or wine I like to try different martini's when I'm out on the town.

Wines I like merlots and malbecs.

As far as beer goes I drink too many to list and cannot pick a favorite.

Suspended
    Micros and Belgian Ales
    Chocolate Martini - my own recipe
    Kamakazzee on the rocks - my own recipe

I was a big fan of the Starbucks Coffee made by Jim Beam until they stopped making it
    Recently found the XO Cafee Petrone

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Favorite Beer - Alexander Keith's Red though most reds I am happy with. Also like Sleeman's honey Brown and Hoegarden's white.

Favorite cocktail - Blackberry Margarita, Tequila or Vodka Paralyzer, Monkey's Lunch, Grasshopper, Tequila Sunrise.

Paralyzer's go down fast though a couple of gulps and yummy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Henny

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Paralyzer...or artery clogger? Looks delicious. What's in it?
    TCA ATT GGA

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Kahlua on the bottom with Vodka (or tequila), milk in the middle, Coke or Pepsi on top and usually a cherry on top.

They go down fast - be warned - they'll knock you on your ass faster than you think.

Oddly I don't get sick from them - maybe the milk softens the blow.

I'm most often a beer drinker (generally prefer a good porter or stout) or the occasional whiskey on the rocks. But, in the hot summertime I will drink a lot of vodka with club soda and a lime just for something refreshing. Or, if I feel like going to some trouble, I will cube some watermelon, ad a spoon of sugar, a few ice cubes and vodka to a blender. Makes for a relaxing summertime drink, but you can really go through some vodka before you know it if you're not careful.

Alcohol and I don't get along well anymore. On the weekends I do like to have Kona coffee with Baileys though. Just enough to add to the taste.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    My favorite Adult Beverage is Jim Beam and Coke. Bourbon and Coke is a time-honored Southern tradition, one that has been embraced by generations of the menfolk in my family. I really didn't WANT to start drinking it, but I had no choice...

Romanticist Philosopher

Wink Champagne

I can drink it like water. It just tastes really good to me. Perhaps because it is the drink of champions.
    I prefer my sex like my basketball, one on one, and with as little dribbling as possible.

Soju from korea , barley wine,champagne

Forum Regular
    Some good 'ol Guinness. That or some Wild Turkey Bourbon.

Thread Information